Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Push cart or no push cart

I don't own a push cart, I always carry when I walk (which is most rounds since I usually play 9 holes due to my schedule). However after yesterday's humidity fest, and how my knees are feeling today, I may pick one up sometime in the future. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 6/4/2020 at 8:19 PM, Nolan220 said:

To the members who walk .. do you carry your own bag or do you use a push cart ... I am 36 and I started to use a push cart this year to try it out and I really like it .. my buddy goes “what are you 75” .. do golfers look at push carts for older folks? 

I'm 36, I wont walk without a pushcart. Tell your buddy to go pound sand.

Right Handed, My Bag:   M2 Driver 9 Degree Stiff shaft (2017);    RBZ Black 3W Ventus Stiff;   F7 3 Hybrid;   4-9 Iron Sub 70 699 Pro's standard length +2 lie stiff S300's;   48 Degree Sub 70 KBS Tour stiff shaft;    Bombtech 52/56/60 stock stiff shafts;   Evenroll Tour Stroke Putter 34 Inch  Gravity Grip;   Snell MTB.  I live in Southern Utah, 17 Handicap.

I recently purchased an electric walking cart. I love walking the golf course, I enjoy the round better. it does not bother me when guys ride, but wish I had started walking years ago. I am in better shape due to the walking. If someone does not want to play with me because I am walking, no problem with me. Just don't hold me up.😀

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

So I used to caddy and always have carried my bag, even on hilly courses. But then a round a couple weeks ago happened. I played with my sister, but we need to social distance, so I put my bag on the cart and just walked along. I felt so much better at the end of the round, no soreness and more energy on the last few holes. I may need to look at a push cart for next season...

Also I've put on weight since our baby but I'm trying to lose it. I am hoping to get back to at least 36 a week next year, walking exclusively other then courses that don't let you or very very hot days.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

45 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

So I used to caddy and always have carried my bag, even on hilly courses. But then a round a couple weeks ago happened. I played with my sister, but we need to social distance, so I put my bag on the cart and just walked along. I felt so much better at the end of the round, no soreness and more energy on the last few holes. I may need to look at a push cart for next season...

Also I've put on weight since our baby but I'm trying to lose it. I am hoping to get back to at least 36 a week next year, walking exclusively other then courses that don't let you or very very hot days

... Awesome. I think I posted this already but a gentleman that was a little overweight said to me when I was walking and he was riding "If I were in good shape, I would walk with a cart too" and I said "I am in good shape because I walk". I am reminded of a video I narrated for a Wealth Management Co many years ago and the CEO's philosophy was "The best time to invest is when you are young. The 2nd best time is right now". I thought that translated to exercise and eating healthy very well. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

35 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Awesome. I think I posted this already but a gentleman that was a little overweight said to me when I was walking and he was riding "If I were in good shape, I would walk with a cart too" and I said "I am in good shape because I walk". I am reminded of a video I narrated for a Wealth Management Co many years ago and the CEO's philosophy was "The best time to invest is when you are young. The 2nd best time is right now". I thought that translated to exercise and eating healthy very well. 🤪

I'm in pretty good shape, but walking my course lately in the heat, even with a push cart, has been tiring me out and affecting my swing near the end of the round. My course is so hilly that I feel the need to run up some of the hills with the push cart so i don't end up rolling backwards lol.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

16 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I'm in pretty good shape, but walking my course lately in the heat, even with a push cart, has been tiring me out and affecting my swing near the end of the round. My course is so hilly that I feel the need to run up some of the hills with the push cart so i don't end up rolling backwards lol.

... The 3 H's are tough sometimes. Hills, Heat, Hiking from greens to tee boxes that are not near. I also have a remote controlled cart so I am not pushing and that makes a big difference e in the heat or a hilly course. My 2 normal rotation courses both have some long climbs and not having to push is huge.

...The guy I played with yesterday in 90* was 30 yrs old and he was unbelievably playing 54 holes with a pushcart!!! He has done it once every year for the last 5 years starting at 6am and finishing just before sunset. Granted this is one of the easiest walking courses from green to tees but has some elevation and I am tired after 27 with a remote controlled cart and could not imagine pushing for 54 holes in 90* heat. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

... The 3 H's are tough sometimes. Hills, Heat, Hiking from greens to tee boxes that are not near. I also have a remote controlled cart so I am not pushing and that makes a big difference e in the heat or a hilly course. My 2 normal rotation courses both have some long climbs and not having to push is huge.

...The guy I played with yesterday in 90* was 30 yrs old and he was unbelievably playing 54 holes with a pushcart!!! He has done it once every year for the last 5 years starting at 6am and finishing just before sunset. Granted this is one of the easiest walking courses from green to tees but has some elevation and I am tired after 27 with a remote controlled cart and could not imagine pushing for 54 holes in 90* heat. 

That 54 hole challenge sounds brutal!! Even 18 wears me out pushing in the heat as of late. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

... Awesome. I think I posted this already but a gentleman that was a little overweight said to me when I was walking and he was riding "If I were in good shape, I would walk with a cart too" and I said "I am in good shape because I walk". I am reminded of a video I narrated for a Wealth Management Co many years ago and the CEO's philosophy was "The best time to invest is when you are young. The 2nd best time is right now". I thought that translated to exercise and eating healthy very well. 
Thanks, I got on Weight Watchers too so I'm finally moving back in the right direction. Gotta put in the work, not gonna disappear on its own.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

18 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Sounds like you West Coast Boys are getting some of our heat minus the humidity

Even though we may be considered West Coast, we are still in a desert region.  We get 100º+ days every year.  Supposed to be 105 - 107º through Thursday.   Most people think of Washington State as rather rainy, but that's only about a third of the state near the Pacific Ocean.  I live in the shadow of the Cascade mountains, and our climate is more like Las Vegas... hot and dry.  We only get 7 inches of rain a year on average.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

Thanks, I got on Weight Watchers too so I'm finally moving back in the right direction. Gotta put in the work, not gonna disappear on its own.

Take Dead Aim

Yeah I gotta get back on it after my back heals up.  Right now I am just putting and piddling chipping some. Like I had said earlier since retiring and getting out of a truck some I had lost about 15 lbs without altering my diet or really trying any. I am getting out some> I did ride 18 and putt only with my buds Saturday. But I have a long road to go. Yesterday was a sorta bad day but I did ok. I ran the sound at church and came home. One of my window units died ( can't blame it) Went to Home Depot and got one of those portable units. I got smart at the Depot and had them un box the unit before loading. So when I got home I did unload and roll into the house. Just took the old window unit loose and let it fall. Installed the hose vent to the outside and fired it off. That was all I did and by 3:00 I was give out and hurting. Took my meds and rested the rest of the day and am feeling ok today.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Even though we may be considered West Coast, we are still in a desert region.  We get 100º+ days every year.  Supposed to be 105 - 107º through Thursday.   Most people think of Washington State as rather rainy, but that's only about a third of the state near the Pacific Ocean.  I live in the shadow of the Cascade mountains, and our climate is more like Las Vegas... hot and dry.  We only get 7 inches of rain a year on average.  

Ha Ha trucker talk guilty as charged---- I consider anything west of Idaho West Coast----- Used to run out there some had a deal one time where I was pulling heavy John Deere equipment to a dealer from NC to Auburn Washington. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Just purchased and used a push cart for the first time the other day.  I think it improved my game to be honest.  Always had my clubs near so could change clubs on a whip without thinking "oh man I'm holding it up if I have to run to my cart to get a new club"

love it. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

I have tried them and I do enjoy using one! I like saving money when I can and I like the workout from carrying it for 18. I didn't notice any differences in my game when I used one vs not!

curious did you ever try one ? If not I wonder if you tried one and see if your played changed any.. 

Sent from my SM-J737V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: Cobra F9, stiff, (set 10 deg)

3 Wood: Srixon F65, Reg, (15 deg)

Hybrid: Cobra Baffler TWS, reg, (20 deg)

Irons: Cobra Forged One Length, stiff( 4-PW)

Wedges: 52 deg Ray Cook, 56deg TM Milled Grind, 60 deg Ray Cook

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Xg 2-ball F7