Push cart or no push cart

Our Sponsors

I'm a pusher and proud of it. 

With the cart it is a lot less strain on my back. 

• Like 3

Cut Draw Giveaways

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Woods and Putter set unofficial review.

Instagram tagging contest Crew

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

:SuperSpeed:

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am 45 now and have been pushing a cart since sometime around 2000/2001.  I can legitimately think of only one instance where someone attempted to give me grief for not carrying.  I told the guy that

I use a motorized trolley, no need to even push.   For anyone who thinks push carts (trolleys) are only for older players, or somehow "low class", I recommend that they go to Scotland or Ireland

... Awesome. I think I posted this already but a gentleman that was a little overweight said to me when I was walking and he was riding "If I were in good shape, I would walk with a cart too" and I sa

Posted Images

• Like 2

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Been using a push cart since last year. I’m 29 and I love it. Way easier than carrying saves strokes and saves $$$! Hard to beat that!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester and Proud Owner

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

I'm 53 and walk w a push cart (actually Alphard's eWheels) but since I'm the ONLY walker at my course other than the high school team, no one gives me grief.  Guys younger and fitter, and older and fatter, are all sitting on their butts riding from hole to hole.   I usually just hear "good for you" on the walking. 

In match play I've tried to get them to walk, but they won't.  They think it'd be unfair to them...  tells you something. 

Helps playing #16, #17 (both up hill) and #18 at the last - need to still have some energy for those last holes.

• Like 1

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

43 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Thanks I will check this out !

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW OBAN CT-100 Hard Step S Shafts  

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

Our course has never allowed them until COVID-19. They brought about 20 in you could rent, will be interesting to see if they keep them when things get back to normal.

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

21 hours ago, connerp93 said:

I'm 27 and I'm all about the cart, especially in the Texas Summer heat. It's a lot easier to play well when you're not fatigued from carrying. Plus it eliminates that aweful constant clacking of the irons as you walk....drives me bonkers 

I can't even deal with the clanking from my car to the pro shop. 😂 Push cart for me during decent weather conditions. I play a rather hilly course. Summer is cart time.

Leave the back packers to the hight school and college players. Save your back!  The bag boy chiller golf bag holds a 5 pack with ice very nicely on your push cart. You will be the envy of your group.

• Like 2

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Man, I need to sell my Clicgear that’s collecting dust in my garage. Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Answer is simple, if your buddy likes to carry golf bags so much, then he should have no issues carrying yours as well😛.

I used to carry my bag when I was young and stupid (btw 12" Tour Bag not lightweight) but 95% of our members have push carts, the other 5% use carts.

I can only think of 2 members who carry their bags.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Epic Hybrid 18 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway Clubs

Callaway Big Bertha Putter - for when it is wet

La Jolla Putter with Flat Car Grip.

Preferred ball - Currently Costco Kirkland Performance 3 Piece but Seed 001 is preferred.

I was late to the Push Cart game, but I've been an advocate for the short time I've used one. I would always carry at my local muni and there are a couple other walk-able courses in my vicinity that I would on occasion walk. It's not even the load of relief of not having the bag on my back, but it's actually the fact I don't have to continue to pick it up and put it down that is the benefit.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: M6 8.5* - 6.0 S Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: M2 19* - 70 S Aldila NV

:cobra-small: 4H 21* One Length - UST Recoil S
:cobra-small: Speedzone - 5-SW

:cobra-small: KING 60*
:scotty-cameron-1: Newport 1.5 - 34"

I used to carry my bag when walking.  This year when courses opened and walking was mandated, I used a push cart.  I like that a lot more.  I do not get tired those last few holes of the round when using the push cart; especially if playing 36 in one day.

On 6/5/2020 at 9:06 AM, sixcat said:

I am 45 now and have been pushing a cart since sometime around 2000/2001.  I can legitimately think of only one instance where someone attempted to give me grief for not carrying.  I told the guy that just because he was accustomed to carrying his balls around in a bag for his wife doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer the same emasculation.  His nickname around the local golf scene has been "Mask" for 15 years and he doesn't speak to me!  Which I find mildly amusing considering he was a starting offensive lineman for an ACC football program in the 90's.  He's not accustomed to anyone standing up to him and firing back because he is a rather large human.

The point is, do what makes you happy, let everyone else do what makes them happy.  Anyone that has an issue with that can piss off!

I like this story. But I have to ask, is his nickname "Mask" because you said emasculation??  If so, that is brutal hahaha!

• Like 2

... I will always remember when the double strap came out and people were using it claiming how easy it made carrying. I asked my Orthopedic surgeon (a golfer) what he thought about a double strap and he said "I absolutely LOVE them. They will put all 3 of my kids through college" then had a hearty laugh. He said the human spine is not meant to carry and uneven load or lift it on and take it off over and over again, and 99.9% of everyone that carries will have problems at some point in their life. Some may be very minor, some more severe and some will need surgery. I started using a remote electric cart after my 2nd back surgery and could not imagine playing golf any other way. On mountain courses, or resort courses with long walks from green to tee I will ride in a cart, but other than that I am walking and using an electric cart. 

• Like 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

I’m 39 and have been using one for 9 or so years.  I’m a fan.  I certainly don’t worry as much about how much stuff i have in the bag.  

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9 degree, Project X Hzrdus T800, 6.5 flex

3wd: Titleist 917F, Speeder Ev0 661 T.S., Stiff flex

Hybrids: Titleist 818 H2 - 21 & 23 degree - Atmos HB T.S. Blue, stiff flex

Irons 5-GW: Mizuno 919 Hot Metal, 1 degree up right, +.75'' length.  Dyn Gold 120 X flex

SW: Titleist SM8 56 degree (Bent to 55), +1'' length, Dyn Golf 120 S flex

LW:  Callaway 60 degree, PM 19 Grind, +1'' length, KBS 610 Wedge S flex

I love my Clicgear and always use it when I walk.  I'm in pretty good shape but it's just enjoyable to use a good push cart.  The last time I carried my clubs was last year when I played St.Andrews (Jubilee Course).  The carry bag they lent me with the rental clubs was fantastic.  I learned something about newer carry bags that day.

If you're going to walk, it's all about the bag.  My Sun Mountain C-130 Cart Bag would suck to walk with.  If I was going to walk with regularity, I'd buy a proper bag with great straps and be fine.

I carried until I was 50. Then for ten years I pushed. Now for the last seven I use a remote control motorized cart. I have converted a lot of the older guys I play with, all except the cheap ones that is. My wife uses a motorized cart that follows her. Not ready to go there yet. Have fun pushing.

• Like 1

I love my pushcart! I don't walk as often as I should, although the majority of my rounds recently have been walking because of Covid, but I do enjoy walking courses. If I had to rely on carrying my bag instead of using a push cart, I wouldn't walk at all. Carrying a bag for a round just simply puts too much stress on my back.

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 6X Blue
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :odyssey-small: Metal-X Milled #2
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS
  • 1 month later...

I caddied all through high school and college and carried my bag.  I kept on carrying my bag until about age 35.  And by that time, I'd basically completely wrecked my back.  My daughters have both seen what I've done to myself, and they've both pushed a cart since they started playing.  My oldest said she got some looks playing in high school, but she really doesn't care.

At 35, I started pushing a cart and did so until about a month ago.  Then I picked up an eWheels V1 and a Rovic RV1S on eBay.  And I will never push a cart again.  It's like having a caddy.  More on my thoughts here:

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4 Wood (17*) - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
7 Wood  - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha Warbird S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
5i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

What's in timeout:
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4i - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )