Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ping i510s

Thin2win

Okay spys, who knows something? Will they be black? Will they fix the sound feel of the i500? Normal ping release cycles would have them out about now, but I haven't heard anything. One of you knows something, now spill it.

My i500 5i is my favorite club in my bag. But, if it was blacked out like the new 710s, and felt a bit less hallow, I'd be even happier. So release the 510s. Let's not let something like a global pandemic stop things new and shiny from filling my golf bag. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

3 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Okay spys, who knows something? Will they be black? Will they fix the sound feel of the i500? Normal ping release cycles would have them out about now, but I haven't heard anything. One of you knows something, now spill it.

My i500 5i is my favorite club in my bag. But, if it was blacked out like the new 710s, and felt a bit less hallow, I'd be even happier. So release the 510s. Let's not let something like a global pandemic stop things new and shiny from filling my golf bag. 

Ping is delaying all releases to 2021 

4 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Not everyone thought the i500s sounded or felt bad. Was it different than some other hollow body clubs yes. For some Miura irons don’t sound/feel good while others love the way they sound or feel.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 hours ago, jlukes said:

Ping is delaying all releases to 2021 

sad, I'm going to take a moment to collect my thoughts... 

Thanks for the info. 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Not everyone thought the i500s sounded or felt bad. Was it different than some other hollow body clubs yes. For some Miura irons don’t sound/feel good while others love the way they sound or feel.

Truth. I keep trying mizuno to find their magic feel, and they feel just like everything else to me. I thought ping worked some of the 710s in that category, and was guessing they would do the same on the 510s. 

They definitely still work. 

WITB: