TESTERS WANTED! ×

#COBRACONNECT Challenge 4

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

10 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I have a feeling my competition would say this is more accurateIMG_0153.jpg

10 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I have a feeling my competition would say this is more accurateIMG_0153.jpg

If you want a partner on your level (albeit not handicap level), hit me up, hahaha.  MA isn't too far for me.  🙂

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

3 hours ago, edingc said:

EDIT - I should add something that I discussed with my coach during my lesson Wednesday. He is shorter than me, and he said unless he shortens his driver shaft, no amount of manipulation will get his angle of attack to be anything higher than zero. As soon as he goes to a shorter driver shaft, he can get it around 2-3 degrees up without problem.

Its crazy to me your coach says that about not being able to hit up on it because he is shorter than you. I am 5'-6" with 32" (I think...don't really wear dress shirts out here in Cali...don't match our flip flops very well...) and have been playing a standard length driver forever. My current M5 is the 9* head that I have to turn down to 7.5* with 1 of the weights towards the front (about a 1/2" back) of the face for an even lower trajectory because I hit up on it so much. My friend is about 6" taller than me and he still can't get my driver up in the air. My "Low" shot is his normal one. 
I should be getting on an LM in the next week or so and now am very curious what my actual AoA is. If I had to guess, I am probably about +3*.

3 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I’m just short with normal arms I guess. emoji1787.png
5’4 -32 dress sleeve. But yeah I feel like I can get into much better positions especially with the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You being 5'4" is just another reason to join your team. I hate all these tall people who think they can beat us at golf just because we are short! Right up till I out drive them...

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

31 minutes ago, The 19th Hole said:

Its crazy to me your coach says that about not being able to hit up on it because he is shorter than you. I am 5'-6" with 32" (I think...don't really wear dress shirts out here in Cali...don't match our flip flops very well...) and have been playing a standard length driver forever. My current M5 is the 9* head that I have to turn down to 7.5* with 1 of the weights towards the front (about a 1/2" back) of the face for an even lower trajectory because I hit up on it so much. My friend is about 6" taller than me and he still can't get my driver up in the air. My "Low" shot is his normal one. 
I should be getting on an LM in the next week or so and now am very curious what my actual AoA is. If I had to guess, I am probably about +3*.

You being 5'4" is just another reason to join your team. I hate all these tall people who think they can beat us at golf just because we are short! Right up till I out drive them...

Some of us are so short that swinging up is the only way to swing in the strike zone.  Welcome to the club 🤣💪

(pfffft... I actually swing down. ) 🤦‍♀️

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

13 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

Some of us are so short that swinging up is the only way to swing in the strike zone.  Welcome to the club 🤣💪

(pfffft... I actually swing down. ) 🤦‍♀️

Total side note...Love your user name! 

python GIF

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

4 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Good stuff GB! I’m surprised that the majority of us have been fit into the tour length driver. I’ve been playing. 44.5 since I got my G30 years ago. Seems like the secret is out so now we’re all going to be peppering the fairway during this competition.

Sounds like you had an awesome fit. Now the longest wait begins. emoji51.png

It’s fascinating that it works for people of all heights too. I’m 6’2” with slightly longer arms, but I just felt way more comfortable in shorter clubs. I was getting much more consistent strikes with the Tour Length and wasn’t losing any distance. One interesting note is, at the regular length, my 3W swing speed and driver swing speed was exactly the same. Once we cut down the driver, my swing speed actually went up a bit. The long shaft felt so unstable that I couldn’t even make a “full” swing. 

2 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

@GB13 it will be very interesting to see how you go with the hybrid. I never used to be able to play a hybrid, they were just a left to right machine for me (a hook, remember I'm a lefty).

But right from the first shot the F9 3 hybrid I got has been amazing, I can hit any shape I need with it and it has become my favorite club in the bag.

giphy.gif

That’s great!! I’m really hoping that’s how it turns out for me. Hybrids in the past have been very hooky for me too. It’s going to very much be a boom or bust club, but I went with the hybrid only because I knew, IF I can get it working right, it’ll be the most versatile club in my bag. 

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Another excellent gif choice... but that movie came out in 1997. I highly doubt GB has a clue what that is from. emoji15.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You’d be correct in that assessment. To be fair though, I probably wouldn’t know a lot about movies that came out when I was alive...

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

11 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

As a past Cobra Connect Challenge participant that went the one length route, I can tell you, once you train your mind to accept that the 4 iron placement is the same as the 5-SW, things will be much better!  It took me almost a month not to address the ball further up in my stance when hitting a 4 iron or to move the ball around at address.  What helped is the alignment sticks on the ground when at the range.  I'd make sure the ball placement and my address of the ball was the same each time regardless of the club loft. Looking forward to you thoughts once the challenge is under way!

MDGolfHacker

Thanks for the advice! I've been trying to employ that tactic with my current clubs because I've been trying the stack and tilt swing and the instructors encourage one ball placement for this swing. 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

1 hour ago, The 19th Hole said:

And that's what's so interesting about golf and how different swings produce different results. I'm sure in your case you are getting a bit of extra distance from the longer club, and definitely from the AoA. Impressive numbers.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

@GB13 - I really enjoyed your fitting write-up. I have Modus 105's in my Bridgestone's and they feel smooth to me. My previous irons had DG S300's that worked well for me, but I never really had anything to compare to. In neither case was I actually fitted for proper shaft. The Bridgestone test had a handful of no-upcharge shafts to chose from, so I went to a few stores to hit demo clubs with those shafts to get some idea. I knew I wanted a heavier shaft, but the heaviest (a KBS option) felt like garbage to me, so I went with the Nippons.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

... To be fair though, I probably wouldn’t know a lot about movies that came out when I was alive...

so, wait a minute...

Previous forum tests:

1 hour ago, The 19th Hole said:

python GIF

thanks!   I can't see your gif but I can tell you I love the shrubbery all over the courses.  🙂  😉 

Previous forum tests:

3 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Another excellent gif choice... but that movie came out in 1997. I highly doubt GB has a clue what that is from. emoji15.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

$h!@ I dont even know what movie this is from (and I cannot use the "I was deployed" excuse)....Matrix?!?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just now, Lacassem said:

$h!@ I dont even know what movie this is from (and I cannot use the "I was deployed" excuse)....Matrix?!?

Fifth Element 

13 minutes ago, The 19th Hole said:

Fifth Element 

Sad part is I’ve seen it 🤦‍♂️ 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Sad part is I’ve seen it  

I was going to say... theres no way in that house of boys you didn’t see this at some point. Sean probably has quoted it multiple times haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, knightsofnii said:

so, wait a minute...

I’m the ghost of Golfers Past!

14 hours ago, GB13 said:

It was fascinating, I NEVER expected that I would be fit into a Standard length, standard lie set. For comparison, my (un)educated guess at my current setup has me playing clubs that are 1” too long, and 3° too upright. That is........ not ideal. 

This is sounding like an epidemic within the world of club fitting - umm, sorry, bad choice of words. Recently @Rickpwas fitted and a similar change from his long time data was made.  My fitter used the GC Quad system, which uses 3D graphic analysis of club head data at impact, and a lie board.  I was fitted twice at his facility and also using a lie board at a PING demo that same year.  All three came up with 2 degree upright.  What's with all these "fitting awakenings"? 🤔  Was I just fortunate in 1987 when fitted for my PE2's; green dot, +1/2".... or still awaiting to be woke? 🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

6 hours ago, daviddvm said:

I've been trying the stack and tilt swing

I hope you know a good chiropractor...

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

This is sounding like an epidemic within the world of club fitting - umm, sorry, bad choice of words. Recently @Rickpwas fitted and a similar change from his long time data was made.  My fitter used the GC Quad system, which uses 3D graphic analysis of club head data at impact, and a lie board.  I was fitted twice at his facility and also using a lie board at a PING demo that same year.  All three came up with 2 degree upright.  What's with all these "fitting awakenings"? 🤔  Was I just fortunate in 1987 when fitted for my PE2's; green dot, +1/2".... or still awaiting to be woke? 🙂

The fact that your swing hasn’t changed since 1987 is really quite impressive. 🙂

I think most of these different fitting results come from swing changes, either intentional or unintentional. Swing dynamics change when you gain/lose flexibility, recover from an injury/surgery, gain/lose strength, make an intentional swing change, etc. All of these factors can influence one’s swing and therefore change fitting results greatly.

Edited by GB13

9 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

python GIF

Now I see the gif.  Love it.  ❤❤❤❤

Previous forum tests:

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Interesting how this is evolving. My change was 4’, 2’ up to 2’ flat and seems to be working OK. I’m not big on Lie boards, I think they Lie.
Fortunate maybe or properly fitted way back when.
I guess we’ll see how this shakes out.
Good stuff so faremoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

He’ll of a play on words. Damn liars

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

13 hours ago, GB13 said:

The fact that your swing hasn’t changed since 1987 is really quite impressive. 🙂

We might look at this from another perspective 🤣.  I just tell myself that, while it isn't the best looking thing on the course, it's what the good Lord gave me. 

We might look at this from another perspective 🤣.  I just tell myself that, while it isn't the best looking thing on the course, it's what the good Lord gave me. 

I think my swing changes every time out due to what body part/joint is giving me the most trouble.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

It would be more impressive to not have changed hairstyles since 1987.AUCTUS-DIGITAL-LIMAHL-COVERSHOT.jpg.fad8a24749762972bf2095de4824a98a.jpg

Whoa,

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It would be more impressive to not have changed hairstyles since 1987.AUCTUS-DIGITAL-LIMAHL-COVERSHOT.jpg.fad8a24749762972bf2095de4824a98a.jpg

Wherever did you find that picture... seems nothing can be kept in the bottom of the closet these days 🤣.

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wherever did you find that picture... seems nothing can be kept in the bottom of the closet these days 🤣.

The internet remembers everything...😂

I could probably find something similar in my sister's high school yearbook, what were we thinking back then?