Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

#COBRACONNECT Challenge 4

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

This is a great question, and something I’m very curious about as well. The only in hand experience I have with the Forged Tec so far is at the fitting. During the fitting, I did try some different shots just to check how flighting the ball would be. I didn’t have any issues working the ball left and right, but they did want to fly pretty high.
As far as the I200s, they are very workable, however, they just aren’t quite as forgiving as I need my irons to be. I really want the Cobras to be a touch more forgiving whilst still maintaining similar workability levels. Even though these are “players distance”, I’m not wanting huge distance increases, I just want the distance to be the same across more of the face, which should lead to smaller dispersion circles.

Great points GB. I’m also hoping to see a touch more forgiveness than the AP2 (particularly in the longer irons) and consistent distance. It’s not going to be worth it to me to hit the 7 iron as far as my old 6 iron if there are significant hot and cold spots on the face and it doesn’t do it consistently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

17 minutes ago, GB13 said:

This is a great question, and something I’m very curious about as well. The only in hand experience I have with the Forged Tec so far is at the fitting. During the fitting, I did try some different shots just to check how flighting the ball would be. I didn’t have any issues working the ball left and right, but they did want to fly pretty high.

As far as the I200s, they are very workable, however, they just aren’t quite as forgiving as I need my irons to be. I really want the Cobras to be a touch more forgiving whilst still maintaining similar workability levels. Even though these are “players distance”, I’m not wanting huge distance increases, I just want the distance to be the same across more of the face, which should lead to smaller dispersion circles.

17 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Great points GB. I’m also hoping to see a touch more forgiveness than the AP2 (particularly in the longer irons) and consistent distance. It’s not going to be worth it to me to hit the 7 iron as far as my old 6 iron if there are significant hot and cold spots on the face and it doesn’t do it consistently.

The height on my ball flight was the main reason I went to the P760s this year.  I tried the i500s, P790s, and the Forged Tec, but I couldn't keep the flight down.  The interesting thing was with the i500s and P790s, I saw huge distances jumps, but not so much with the Forged Tec.  I'm not sure why, whether it was strike or whatever, I just didn't see the full club difference I did with the other 2 I would compare them against.  Can't wait to follow along!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

20 hours ago, GB13 said:

...forgiving whilst still...

Since when did the US join the British Commonwealth?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Rick

Left Hand, 

Couple more baseline rounds with Arccos under my belt and finding a nice groove with it, setting pins, etc. I don't think there is a perfect way to have pin location set in any of the trackers, but Arccos is relatively easy and quick. I just need to make sure I pace off my first put distance so I get reliable stats.
Orders went in earlier this week! Now the long waiting game begins. Can't wait for that FedEx Delivery Manager email when they ship!

I haven’t been doing that with my putts. I probably should start marking them.

And yes I saw a few order numbers in the worksheet.

Come on FedEx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Another duplicate... my iPhone doesn't like posting right now, sorry folks.

10 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I haven’t been doing that with my putts. I probably should start marking them.

You probably want to move the Arccos pin to the general area of the hole location.  If you don't it can mess up your approach, chipping, and sand handicaps for proximity to the hole.  I usually mark the pin on my phone after my approach shot while waiting for others to hit or on my way to the next tee box.  Once you get the hang of things it only takes about 5 seconds to mark it.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array F-2

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

7 minutes ago, palvord said:

Probably one of the more important things to do for accurate stats is the pin placement/pacing off your first putt so you have that data should you need to correct it later.

Arccos can slow down your typical pre-shot routine so you are providing the most accurate data for yourself, which may be frustrating, but it is worth it in the long run.

If any of the competitors have not done so yet, I highly encourage you to check out the Dashboard section of Arccos on a laptop/desktop. The presentation of the data is much better and you are able to drill down into more robust stats.

If you are going to be playing on one course for the entire competition, there is a section called, My Courses where you'll be able to see which holes are giving you the most trouble and possibly change your strategy for future rounds.

It would probably help my putting to pace them off a little bit anyway.  I have seen the dashboard... some of it has been... eye opening for sure. I'll share some later as I know have 4 or 5 rounds at one one course so its getting more useful.

10 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

It would probably help my putting to pace them off a little bit anyway.  I have seen the dashboard... some of it has been... eye opening for sure. I'll share some later as I know have 4 or 5 rounds at one one course so its getting more useful.

Actually it looks like I wont.  I just had the team at Arccos correct the hole numbers so now my stats from the prior rounds won't overlay like they should 😞

I'm going to send them an email about it but I'm guessing there's probably nothing to fix that right now.  Good news is going forward it will work.

5 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I was going to say something about you coming in behind me yet again, but we're better than that right?

Good advice all around!!!

3 minutes ago, palvord said:

No. We're not. I would expect nothing less from you than some good natured trash talk.

Especially when it's well earned.

This thread is SUPPOSED to have trash talk... the mods never really specified that it should pertain to competitors in this year's #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE... so I'd say its fair game! 

we've been lacking a little bit in the trash talk as of late, I think we're all anxiously awaiting really kicking things off and getting our hands on some sweet Cobra gear.

Just now, B.Boston said:

This thread is SUPPOSED to have trash talk... the mods never really specified that it should pertain to competitors in this year's #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE... so I'd say its fair game! 

we've been lacking a little bit in the trash talk as of late, I think we're all anxiously awaiting really kicking things off and getting our hands on some sweet Cobra gear.

From the guy that talked the most trash without backing it up, sometimes silence is golden.

Perhaps some folks are taking the approach of "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

17 minutes ago, palvord said:

From the guy that talked the most trash without backing it up, sometimes silence is golden.

Perhaps some folks are taking the approach of "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

Cobra Speedzone Clubs

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

19 minutes ago, palvord said:

now what fun is that? 😂  

I will say, it has been fun to get a little banter going that is outside the norm of the forum's general behavior, even if I'm going to have to work my butt off to match it.

Another duplicate... my iPhone doesn't like posting right now, sorry folks.

Mine iPhone been doing that also. Might be Tapatalk.

Rick

Left Hand, 

8 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

now what fun is that? 😂  

I will say, it has been fun to get a little banter going that is outside the norm of the forum's general behavior, even if I'm going to have to work my butt off to match it.

giphy.gif

We'll be watching.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

23 hours ago, GB13 said:

I guess you could call it workability but the only issue I have had with this category of clubs was the inability to hit 1//2 & 3/4 knockdowns consistently.  Was ok moving right or left but not the knockdown. I like to blame the clubs but I am sure it is my LOFT ( Lack Of F... Talent)

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Couple more baseline rounds with Arccos under my belt and finding a nice groove with it, setting pins, etc. I don't think there is a perfect way to have pin location set in any of the trackers, but Arccos is relatively easy and quick. I just need to make sure I pace off my first put distance so I get reliable stats.

Orders went in earlier this week! Now the long waiting game begins. Can't wait for that FedEx Delivery Manager email when they ship!

This is the only issue I have had with Arccos. After 150+ rounds I have it down to a science but it does require interaction. You’re method is the exact one I use. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

45 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I was going to say something about you coming in behind me yet again, but we're better than that right?

Good advice all around!!!

Not mad just disappointed in this response. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

43 minutes ago, palvord said:

978395101_giphy(5).gif.772acfdd4650a329711094c29c6f7c7b.gif

9 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I guess you could call it workability but the only issue I have had with this category of clubs was the inability to hit 1//2 & 3/4 knockdowns consistently.  Was ok moving right or left but not the knockdown. I like to blame the clubs but I am sure it is my LOFT ( Lack Of F... Talent)

This is the only issue I have had with Arccos. After 150+ rounds I have it down to a science but it does require interaction. You’re method is the exact one I use. 

Yup, it's actually slowed my rounds down some which is probably a good thing. It took me almost 3 hours to walk 18 today which is slow by my place, but I was enjoying my time and making sure Arccos was happy after every hole.

I putt out, pull phone out of pocket to mark pin, and then pace back to first putt location and set that correctly as well. Only takes a few extra moments.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

😆 Don’t you remember? That was a huge news story last week. We abandoned our sovereignty to join the UK, including taking on all parts of British culture. Haven’t you seen all the restaurants offing Haggis and Blood Pudding?  

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

2 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

You probably want to move the Arccos pin to the general area of the hole location.  If you don't it can mess up your approach, chipping, and sand handicaps for proximity to the hole.  I usually mark the pin on my phone after my approach shot while waiting for others to hit or on my way to the next tee box.  Once you get the hang of things it only takes about 5 seconds to mark it.

Yeah, I usually use the “mark the pin at my location” on the green before I putt. So far that seems to be working just fine. Occasionally I’ll have to edit a putt because it didn’t read it in the right place, but for the most part, my first putt distance stats seem right.

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

The Pats still suck. I don’t think I even need to say anymore.

1 hour ago, palvord said:

Yeah, I’m taking the approach of “Yell loudly and carry a big gun.” I’ll even add another saying for you, “Always bring a gun to a stick fight.”

58 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Frankly, I have that LOFT with my current clubs too. Whenever I try to hit knockdowns, they still spin up in the wind anyway.

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

That's PROPER English my friend and I'll defend @GB13 to the death just to put the wind up you philistines. 🙃

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!