TESTERS WANTED! ×

#COBRACONNECT Challenge 4

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

for all competitors I don’t think it was asked yet. But what are you expecting handicap wise or so you have a realistic goal for the arccos handicap drop?

My goal, after seeing my baselines, is to hit significantly more FW/GIR (I'm thinking 60% for each).  Also as far as handicap my goal for the year has always been to get down to a 5 this year.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

My goal, after seeing my baselines, is to hit significantly more FW/GIR (I'm thinking 60% for each).  Also as far as handicap my goal for the year has always been to get down to a 5 this year.  

Good goals. Really interested in seeing if the shorter driver shaft helps with the FWH stats. I'm not a long hitter off the tee (perhaps a little better than average for my age) and would trade some yardage for fairway position.  My ability to scramble out of trouble has always been good, but it's not the stat one wants to improve at 🙃.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

Good goals. Really interested in seeing if the shorter driver shaft helps with the FWH stats. I'm not a long hitter off the tee (perhaps a little better than average for my age) and would trade some yardage for fairway position.  My ability to scramble out of trouble has always been good, but it's not the stat one wants to improve at 🙃.

You might even find you're longer on average with the Tour Length.  Centered contact can go a LONG way!   I also swing the Tour Length more freely. so I wouldn't be surprised if I am as fast or faster than at std length.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

It seems like all signs are pointing for shorter sticks....

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

5 hours ago, Lacassem said:

@GB13 damn a year early for college that’s impressive and good luck I didn’t realize you were going early. Is there any loophole to try out because if there is you need to expose it with how well you’re playing

for all competitors I don’t think it was asked yet. But what are you expecting handicap wise or so you have a realistic goal for the arccos handicap drop?

wow that was hard not busting any balls in a post.....image.gif.405dfb718df212a4b4e2c6f760900e29.gif

I wish there was a loophole, but I don’t think there is, I’ll play some tournaments next summer once the COVID blows over. 

I think, that with properly fitted clubs, seeing scratch or pretty darn close should be possible. For most people, it’s usually the putting that holds them back, and that’s not a problem for me. The irons were my weak point, and they required a big change during the fitting. (2.5° Flatter and .75” shorter) I think they should improve quite a few strokes as well.  I just gotta put it some work with the new clubs.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

4 hours ago, MattF said:

Don't peak too early mijo! Go into cruise control for a bit then, lull them in, then hit the loud peddle...
giphy.gif

my your team is counting on you son.

Hey, I don’t need any of those fancy tricks, I’m going wire to wire. 

3 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Mate this is CCC5, it's loud pedal all the way baby!!

Hell yeah mate!! 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I’m so depressed fans won’t be at every Astros game to heckle them and will thoroughly miss the standing ovation for every one that gets pegged. Can the telecast just plug that audio in anyways? A lot of people have cheated in sports and gotten caught. It isn’t new. Many just take their lumps and move on. The Astros lack of remorse has been sickening. It honestly seems like they think they did nothing wrong. 

I’d honestly love a telecast of all the times they get plunked with just the sound of the ball hitting them amplified. The lack of remorse is just infuriating, but baseball didn’t properly punish them so there really isn’t anything to make them remorseful.

Anyway I digress, at least they aren’t the Red Sox

Hope you boys are all hitting em long and straight!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I’m playing Tomorrow, Saturday, and Tuesday on the books.

Looking forward to really getting these into the action now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, GB13 said:

How about least shots during a round? Seems like a fair way to make your pick... oh and yeah, I shot a personal best this morning. 😉 Pick the hot hand Fix! 

BC9DE813-67C1-4304-B9FE-69E93FCEFBAE.png

Nice round, but it shows you +6.5 putting (which is fantastic, but also your only non-Cobra club).  How did the Cobras perform?  

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

(2.5° Flatter)

Yet another datapoint with someone getting a change in lie.  What did you change from? I'm beginning to think the lie board is more like an Ouija Board 🤨

5 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Centered contact can go a LONG way!

Roger that.  I try and wipe off my driver face with my wetted towel every few holes to see hit marks.  While playing a HRC 9 hole, I drilled the Titleist Velocity and I had cleaned the face - pretty much dead center and it was easily 30 yards longer than most of the other good hits.  We're told these latest technology drivers have a big sweet spot but I don't think their as big as advertised.  Maybe more forgiving (dispersion) for off center strikes, but at a healthy distance penalty... my impression anyway.

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

I’m playing Tomorrow, Saturday, and Tuesday on the books.

Looking forward to really getting these into the action now. emoji51.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And next Saturday lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Roger that.  I try and wipe off my driver face with my wetted towel every few holes to see hit marks.  While playing a HRC 9 hole, I drilled the Titleist Velocity and I had cleaned the face - pretty much dead center and it was easily 30 yards longer than most of the other good hits.  We're told these latest technology drivers have a big sweet spot but I don't think their as big as advertised.  Maybe more forgiving (dispersion) for off center strikes, but at a healthy distance penalty... my impression anyway.

With the Cobra driver, Mind you I am playing a F8+,  I found that slightly high and towards the toe is where i got the best performance.. i just noticed better flight and more consistant direction (less offline).. Any thoughts??? 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

1 minute ago, Reesedw said:

With the Cobra driver, Mind you I am playing a F8+,  I found that slightly high and towards the toe is where i got the best performance.. i just noticed better flight and more consistant direction (less offline).. Any thoughts??? 

I tend to hit my G410P on the toe side, high, as well.  After I get some foot spray, I'm going to run a test at the range comparing normal grip and choking down an inch to see if that changes the pattern.

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

And next Saturday lol

and a 9-hole round somewhere in between haha

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yet another datapoint with someone getting a change in lie.  What did you change from? I'm beginning to think the lie board is more like an Ouija Board 🤨

One thing to remember is that a lot of newer clubs, and especially the SpeedZones, are quite upright to begin with. This is because of the belief that higher-handicappers will benefit from the more upright lies (draw-biased) and also because the longer shaft lengths can flatten dynamic lie at impact (more shaft droop). My "2 flat" SpeedZones are the same length/lie as my "1 flat" Maltby PTMs, and the same as "stock" Mizuno JPX 919 Forged.

I don't think I would trust a lie board as anything else other than an absolute beginning place in fitting, much like wrist-to-floor and height measurements. Ball flight and dynamic lie angle are going to be better indicators of what lie a particular swing needs.

55 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

Alright guys @edingc @B.Boston @GB13 @daviddvm @Headhammer, now that you have the clubs, and are using Arccos, what has stood out most to you? the clubs, the stats, Ease of use??? And what did you think you were better at than the statistics show??? 

The long irons are really, really easy to launch and very forgiving. The feel isn't as great as a forged iron, obviously, but the ball rockets off the face. No issue hitting the 4-iron as a result.

EDIT - Game wise, since you asked, my putting is much better than I thought it was. My issue isn't my putting, but rather my first putt distances (caused by poor approaches and chipping).

47 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I tend to hit my G410P on the toe side, high, as well.  After I get some foot spray, I'm going to run a test at the range comparing normal grip and choking down an inch to see if that changes the pattern.

52 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

I think the sweet spot is generally going to be slightly high and slightly toe, high ball speed retention, slight draw gear effect, and spin reduction from going slightly high on the face. Similar spot on the SpeedZone Xtreme, though the driver has excellent ball speed retention across the face.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

16 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Actually, feels like the Cobra Connect Challenge wouldn’t be complete if every tester didn’t have to do this...

I mean, how committed are you folks?

Challengers, which club in your bag would you do this to?

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

As a child of the 80's that had a bunch of these toys, I concur. 

Right?  Could have even gone with Destro, Dr. Mindbender, Serpentor, the possibilities were endless.  Epic fail on this front testers.  😂  Better redeem yourselves with some actual golf...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1: