TESTERS WANTED! ×

#COBRACONNECT Challenge 4

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

I'm on vacation (again!) this week so that probably means no challenge attempt from me. Maybe if we get back early I'll throw out a late challenge to @Headhammer on Saturday afternoon.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

You guys don’t have the thin to win 56 that goes 150 on command?
image.gif.7776f685ceb213fc0e30688199449f3a.gif

Oh I got it. It’s the on command part I’m still working on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I’m late posting this and I appreciate the callout to get my score in but the golf gods were laughing at me yesterday.

Patty Jewitt hosted a tournament in the morning.  What a great time to show up for a irons only round 🙄. The tees were back, the greens were fast, and I walked 18.  A rarity for me.  Ugh.  I bow to my superior.

0B8F8E1A-9EE2-48B5-B752-3BB32E13752D.png

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Honestly, might not be a bad option on No. 8. Closely mown all around the green, there's a mown grass drainage ditch/waste area but it's dry right now no there would be no issue with trying to run the driver over it and up on to the green.

I wish I had an actual picture of No. 12 because it's lose-lose all around. Narrow chute guarded by trees (red box is the teeing area), dead/out of bounds left, right and long, green is deep but narrow, the quickest on the course and falls hard toward a grass bunker that's several feet below the putting surface (red oval). Nothing is closely mown and it's 3"-4" rough from tee box to fringe. They haven't moved the pins recently, and I'm hoping they have by tomorrow's round, because for the past two weeks the pin has been placed back right on the slope going down toward the grass bunker.

image.png.9f2079be5b7edb2cf9bb90f09a3395f7.png

This is going to look like the 14 club challenge from the European Tour 🤣

Yet Another 14 Club Challenge video - Lee Westwood vs Danny ...

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

This is going to look like the 14 club challenge from the European Tour 
yet-another-14-club-challenge-vi-800x445.jpg

I remember watching some of those. They were a riot!

Also man are those guys talented.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 hours ago, edingc said:

Spent all of lunch break beating balls with the woods and wedges. Ready to go!

That-a-boy!  But, I think you need to ratchet it up even further and tell the boss that you won't be in the rest of the week.  Tell him you're experiencing eye issues and can't see your way into the office 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That-a-boy!  But, I think you need to ratchet it up even further and tell the boss that you won't be in the rest of the week.  Tell him you're experiencing eye issues and can't see your way into the office 🙂.

Bad case of anal glaucoma: can’t see your ass going to work. 🤣🤣

OK here we go with the Irons only member challenges. The late entries tipped the scores allowing our fans to steal a tie from the jaws of defeat settling on a 5-5 score:
Irons.png.7a8fef7a2106b18413be9396edbc3d52.png 
  • [mention=84579]edingc[/mention] was challenged the most with 4 times and only managed 1 win out of those. 
  • [mention=86024]daviddvm[/mention] paid the smackdown on both the competitors and challengers with a 2-0 mark.
  • [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention] 1-1 in his challenges.
  • [mention=81594]GB13[/mention] wasn't picked on nearly as much as expected but won his only battle.
  • Finally [mention=74341]Headhammer[/mention] was challenged once and lost that battle. 
On to next week! Looking forward to the Bryson Bashing results.

And here we go with this week's wheel spin. If you won your match, your weight is 3. If not, the weight is 1:

Congrats on your new Puma gear! Send me an IM and I'll get your order details.

Woo! Congrats [mention]jddaigneault [/mention] ! Enjoy the Puma gear!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats @jddaigneault!!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

38 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

OK here we go with the Irons only member challenges. The late entries tipped the scores allowing our fans to steal a tie from the jaws of defeat settling on a 5-5 score:

Irons.png 

• @edingc was challenged the most with 4 times and only managed 1 win out of those. 
  • @daviddvm paid the smackdown on both the competitors and challengers with a 2-0 mark.
  • @B.Boston 1-1 in his challenges.
  • @GB13 wasn't picked on nearly as much as expected but won his only battle.
  • Finally @Headhammer was challenged once and lost that battle. 

Should also give kudos to @Lacassem for shooting the low fan round this week.  On to next week! Looking forward to the Bryson Bashing results.

And here we go with this week's wheel spin. If you won your match, your weight is 3. If not, the weight is 1:

Nice! Hope that puma year is awsome for you! @jddaigneault

was a hell of a week and that round was 1/2 horse shoe and maybe a little more horse shoe. This week was entertaining to watch can’t wait for this weeks!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Good time for me to get on board as we can't play official competitions. After some clarification, I'm assuming wedges include pitching wedge?  I'll challenge @MaxEntropy. I'll probably score better not using irons as lately I can't hit one to save myself.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Good time for me to get on board as we can't play official competitions. After some clarification, I'm assuming wedges include pitching wedge?  I'll challenge [mention=72853]MaxEntropy[/mention]. I'll probably score better not using irons as lately I can't hit one to save myself.

No PW. GW and below.

50 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Irons.png 

• @edingc was challenged the most with 4 times and only managed 1 win out of those. 
  • @daviddvm paid the smackdown on both the competitors and challengers with a 2-0 mark.

Should also give kudos to @Lacassem for shooting the low fan round this week.  On to next week! Looking forward to the Bryson Bashing results.

This is awesome! Thanks MGS and Cobra/Puma, along with all you folks in the competition. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

No PW. GW and below. emoji51.png

I'll still smash him.I don't want to make poor @MaxEntropy cry, but if that's what it takes I'm willing to do it.

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

Alright, I feel bad for bailing on the last challege and I'm glad @B.Boston didn't go undefeated or I would've felt even worse. That said, I'm going to make extra effort to squeeze in 18 on Thursday, even if it means playing after they take the flagsticks out. Shouldn't be much of an issue given the challenge rules, everything for me is going to require some thinking and there probably won't be much pin-attacking going on. I'm teeing off at 3:30 so there might be some running involved in the later holes, haha! Step up to the plate @edingc! Friendly fire is turned ON.

Its Always Sunny Fun GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

12 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Well If I am able to play this week. I am going to call out @GB13 give the young gun some motivation to get back on his low scoring ways. Lets go big shoots!

image.jpeg.d45abfbb59754b922413c2fa3ddf9a54.jpeg

Ha! I almost feel sorry for you that you think you have a chance... Almost!! Driver - wedge is just a normal round of golf for me.

6 hours ago, edingc said:

My nightmare holes are No. 8 and No. 12, both par 3s in the 145-165 range. Too long for my gap wedge, so it means I either need to layup (maybe not a bad play) or try to bunt a 2 hybrid? 

My plan is to bunt a hybrid, and try to leave a really easy up and down if I (inevitably) screw it up.

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Obviously I've got no idea, I can't challenge @MaxEntropy as he isn't in the challenge. I'll have a crack at @B.Boston instead. I don't care who I make cry.

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

2 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

Obviously I've got no idea, I can't challenge @MaxEntropy as he isn't in the challenge.

Too much Grange while posting?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

6 minutes ago, MattF said:

Too much Grange while posting?

I wish. Probably due to jumping on quickly at work between patients and sorting out a room reconfiguration. A few similarities to drunk posting😀

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

Obviously I've got no idea, I can't challenge [mention=72853]MaxEntropy[/mention] as he isn't in the challenge. I'll have a crack at [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention] instead. I don't care who I make cry.

It’s on!IMG_1576.GIF

11 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

I'm on vacation (again!) this week so that probably means no challenge attempt from me. Maybe if we get back early I'll throw out a late challenge to @Headhammer on Saturday afternoon.

iu-6.jpeg.219d9ee73e9a544f989a52af303a6294.jpeg

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

7 hours ago, GB13 said:

Ha! I almost feel sorry for you that you think you have a chance... Almost!! Driver - wedge is just a normal round of golf for me.

My plan is to bunt a hybrid, and try to leave a really easy up and down if I (inevitably) screw it up.

There is always a chance my friend! But the week isn’t looking great for me unfortunately it will be a last minute round if that’s the case. I can keep up off the tee with the best of them young buck ✊

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

12 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Irons.png 

Congrats @jddaigneault

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

12 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Irons.png 

On 8/9/2020 at 9:31 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

@B.Boston - 71
@daviddvm - 68
@edingc - 79.1
@GB13 - 71.3
@Headhammer - 73.4

Well I scored well last week, I am going to need a much better score to beat @daviddvm

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

11 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

This is awesome! Thanks MGS and Cobra/Puma, along with all you folks in the competition. 

Congrats on winning Puma gear and living in SoCal!!!!!!!!!!!!

California Girls Longboarding And Biking GIF - California ...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

7 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

Congrats on winning Puma gear and living in SoCal!!!!!!!!!!!!

California Girls Longboarding And Biking GIF - California ...

Thanks! Living in SoCal does make for quite the enduring golf season. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

My setup for week 4 Bomb Like Bryson
IMG_2230.JPGIMG_2231.JPG

The course I will play Thursday, always a tough course for me but the sea breeze will help in the heat. Not sure which tees I'm going to play.

image.png.b99d77be5d523154f9f218ac99aa2d93.png
Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green