Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Our Sponsors

43 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Week 7 Recap

The Cobra seasons always feel so long at the outset then zip by before you can blink once they get going. Week 7 has drawn to a conclusion and we're really nearing the finish line with two of our competitors separating themselves but others still within striking distance if they get the right bounces. 

Alt Shot.jpg

Scores came in on both ends of the spectrum this week as the teams of #cuetheduckboats #teamcobraone both went low low low low. @B.Boston and @Lacassem went the lowest and got this week's win. By virtue of being on the winning team, Lacassem wins his second prize of the summer so he's reached his max. Congrats!

Week 7.jpg

Heading into the final week of the season, @B.Boston finally overtook @daviddvm and we've got a real nail-biter going into the final week!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Week 8 - Caddie, Do You Know De Way?

Competitors: This week, our competitors are charged with playing a new course (or seldom played) and using Arccos Caddie to navigate the course. They may disagree with Caddie for a 1/3 stroke penalty at any time but otherwise need to follow the recommendations. Standing on each tee, you get strategy choices...they'll pick one and follow the club recommendations from there. Lowest CCNet wins!

Fans: Everyone loves a good prop bet. Attached to this thread, you'll find a poll with prop bets available for your betting consumption. These will cover many areas of this last week's challenge. We also need your help voting on your favorite follow throughout the challenge for the social aspect of the overall competition. Good luck!

(If you don't see the poll, hold your horses and check back later)

603CD437-C43E-458F-AABF-35015A9335BF.gif.d17d69e894db8143a70870dbe6550230.gif

• Like 8

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks t

Before I get any further into this introduction, I first want to say a big THANK YOU to Cobra/Puma/Arccos and MyGolfSpy. Not only is this one of the biggest and best testing opportunities on the MGS F

I’m Dave Hains, my friends call me “Hammer” and you know me here as HeadHammer or as I have recently been monikered - The Quiet Assassin. I’ve always been a fan of everything COBRA. As a young boy I w

Posted Images

4 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I totally think it’s worth upgrading to a finished length. You may also want to try adding a few grams of head weight too.

After my experience with my Ping G30 cut down, my M5 at std (choked up), and Speedzone at your length I have no intention of playing anything over 44.5 in driver again.

I have to admit this whole discussion is new to me.  I mean how in the heck did this transition to long driver shafts get started?  Did the pros start the movement only to quickly realize it was not an advantage?  Further, why are OEM's still making standard lengths for amateur players longer than what tour players use?  Lastly, I don't recall a "tour length" shaft being an option when I got fitted for the G410P as part of my MGS Tester/Review.  I mean I totally get that there isn't a one size fits all, and that a competent fitting will yield the optimum for any given player/swing but, if off the shelf shafts are still "too long", why are OEM's offering those as standard length.

https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2020/june/driver-shaft-length/

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

3 minutes ago, edingc said:

It's crazy to think we've already reached the final week of the challenge! What a fun and crazy summer.

I know I'll say it again before the end, but a massive thanks goes out to MGS/Cobra/Puma/Arccos for arranging this awesome opportunity. And it's been great getting to know more about each of the competitors and commenters in this thread.

I unfortunately had to cancel tomorrow's tee time because the weather is not going to cooperate with rain and thunderstorms forecast all day. But my Thursday round is looking good, and I'm going to look around for a tee time Friday if I can find one as well. This last week is a good opportunity for me to get out and explore some of the other great courses we have in our area.

I'm still proud of you regardless of the finish! All of the testers have done a fantastic job 👏.

• Like 7

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

You guys have all done an amazing job this year and it's definitely a nail biter coming down to the end. This should be a fun week and I can't wait to see what prop bets the mods have in store for us. Congratulations go out this week to @B.Boston and @Lacassem for taking the week seven prize and to @daviddvm for keeping the race tight. It was cool to see how well your partner liked the one length clubs and how well y'all did this week. I can't believe it's coming to an end, it should be a good one.

I'm intrigued to see how many of our competitors will disagree with caddie. Will someone go all the way with the recommendations? Good luck this week to all of you!

• Like 6

Good luck all this week! Has been a wild one for sure and can’t wait to see the results. Start to finish this has been great reading reviews and keeping up with all challenges.

as one who has followed the caddy before I can’t wait to see folks choices on this one. Close it out strong!

• Like 8

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

4 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Week 7 Recap

The Cobra seasons always feel so long at the outset then zip by before you can blink once they get going. Week 7 has drawn to a conclusion and we're really nearing the finish line with two of our competitors separating themselves but others still within striking distance if they get the right bounces. 

Alt Shot.jpg

Scores came in on both ends of the spectrum this week as the teams of #cuetheduckboats #teamcobraone both went low low low low. @B.Boston and @Lacassem went the lowest and got this week's win. By virtue of being on the winning team, Lacassem wins his second prize of the summer so he's reached his max. Congrats!

Week 7.jpg

Heading into the final week of the season, @B.Boston finally overtook @daviddvm and we've got a real nail-biter going into the final week!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Week 8 - Caddie, Do You Know De Way?

Competitors: This week, our competitors are charged with playing a new course (or seldom played) and using Arccos Caddie to navigate the course. They may disagree with Caddie for a 1/3 stroke penalty at any time but otherwise need to follow the recommendations. Standing on each tee, you get strategy choices...they'll pick one and follow the club recommendations from there. Lowest CCNet wins!

Fans: Everyone loves a good prop bet. Attached to this thread, you'll find a poll with prop bets available for your betting consumption. These will cover many areas of this last week's challenge. We also need your help voting on your favorite follow throughout the challenge for the social aspect of the overall competition. Good luck!

(If you don't see the poll, hold your horses and check back later)

Great season, with my guy @Headhammer on the sidelines, I got to go with my local representative, best of luck, I hope you can win this week @edingc, let's get this week for the great lakes state. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

Tips?

FF0A4B68-1E6F-4B43-816D-5040EFD6E6CD.png

• Like 7

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

3 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Tips?

Do it!!

• Like 4

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

24 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Tips?

get after it! 2 and 14 look wild! 
image.gif.251b7025b8671380d3f89c24267f0475.gif
good luck!

• Haha 3

Check out my reviews

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

I’m in, hope I do better than my Super Bowl picks, almost can’t be worse. 

I’m thinking @GB13 is overdue to go low. I know he won’t let me down.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:cobra-small: F8 4 Hybrid
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

get after it! 2 and 14 look wild! 
image.gif.251b7025b8671380d3f89c24267f0475.gif
good luck!

Yep, I played there for the first and only previous time last year (from the whites) and it’s a beast from there! It’s situated on an Indian reservation in the middle of nowhere. Its a beautiful setting, surrounded for miles by wide open rolling prairie. That said, it is maintained absolutely perfectly with super quick greens, and is 100% my favorite course. I’d say it’s an absolute must play if you’re in the area... but I’m not really sure why you would be.

Seriously, check out this photo gallery which doesn’t even do it justice:

https://www.dacotahridge.com/about-the-course/photo-gallery

Edited by GB13
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Well testers, this has been an absolute pleasure to follow and occasionally participate in. All 5 of you have done a sterling job and you all deserve to win but there can be only one...

giphy.gif

My question to you all is, now that you are all well into this challenge and knowing how it has gone, would you have had a different set make up? Would you have approached the challenges differently? 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

While I have not been very active this year I have been following the thread and must say Congrats to all Cobra team members. You have displayed an enormous amount of effort with your Cobras. Best of luck on this final challenge.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

7 hours ago, GB13 said:

Yep, I played there for the first and only previous time last year (from the whites) and it’s a beast from there! It’s situated on an Indian reservation in the middle of nowhere. Its a beautiful setting, surrounded for miles by wide open rolling prairie. That said, it is maintained absolutely perfectly with super quick greens, and is 100% my favorite course. I’d say it’s an absolute must play if you’re in the area... but I’m not really sure why you would be.

Seriously, check out this photo gallery which doesn’t even do it justice:

https://www.dacotahridge.com/about-the-course/photo-gallery

About 10 years ago I probably would have made a specific trip to get there  after seeing those photos but not now. Maybe In 10 when the kids are older.

lots of Jones courses out this way so I have no doubt it’s beautiful And challenging. Good luck this week!

• Like 4

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

Don't forget still time to win some Hammer swag by following me and Cobra Golf over on Instagram!

1232258123_Pokecopy.jpg.72f27e6b63ddd3c6af039268fc9c71be.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18