Jump to content
Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

 

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks t

Before I get any further into this introduction, I first want to say a big THANK YOU to Cobra/Puma/Arccos and MyGolfSpy. Not only is this one of the biggest and best testing opportunities on the MGS F

I’m Dave Hains, my friends call me “Hammer” and you know me here as HeadHammer or as I have recently been monikered - The Quiet Assassin. I’ve always been a fan of everything COBRA. As a young boy I w

Posted Images

18 hours ago, ncwoz said:

I've only heard good things about it, best of luck and looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

As far as the course goes, it costs what it does because it's located so close to downtown Grand Rapids. With my free birthday greens fee I ended up paying $21 for a cart and a small bucket of range balls, and I spent $6 at the gas station beforehand to grab some Coke Zero and a snack. You need a cart, it's not really a walkable course at all.

The course was in very nice shape, although the greens on the first few holes were pretty thin. They were rolling OK, but you can tell the long stretches of heat and dryness we had this summer did some damage to them. Despite all of the rain we've had the past few days there were only a few wet spots, a major plus.

The design was fun, very challenging but fair, especially off the tee box. It's a par 70. The par 5 on the front was very underwhelming. The hole's difficulty comes from a very narrow landing area if you wanted to hit driver. I hit 2 hybrid, 5 iron, and then and bad approach shot that left me with a short chip and a one putt for par. Probably the only hole on the course I didn't like. On the back nine there's not a lot of flat spots to hit from, so you better be comfortable with different types of lies. I really struggled out of the rough. It's a very thick Kentucky bluegrass that kind of raises the ball up and I kept sliding the club face under leading to weak, high toe shots.

This picture gives a good idea of the type of stuff you'll encounter there. I hit my tee shot on the the par 3, No. 8 hole into this waste area. It took two shots to get out and then three putts as my second shot ran all the way back to the very front of green (left side of this picture).

IMG_10092020_154450_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.b81cbd1bdf0b14752b18daaff38081e4.jpg

My biggest complaint was that they let a group of five out, which I had to play through. Overall pace of play of play was good though, I teed off at 11:45-ish and was done just after 3 PM. Pairing up with the other single helped to speed me up a bit.

Also, they are not open on Sundays so Saturdays are generally packed. With the pace of play being what it was today with minimal people out, I'm not sure I'd be interested in playing the course when it was packed.

  • Like 7

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.4 (Last Updated Nov. 10, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4", Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2", UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
5-GW:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2", KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / 
srixon.png.43e385967a8ed97dd1678520c0dc8ef3.png Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, edingc said:

First, a few pictures because the course was looking mighty fine even on this overcast and dreary September day.

IMG_10092020_154501_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.4a5f929775c98d8c52884f68ef329016.jpg

IMG_10092020_154402_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.38f4703df023ab16adb929363707bc55.jpg

IMG_10092020_154329_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.afe0dffad853e5400dbad8944a09b270.jpg

I shot an 87 on the 69.4/123 tees.

Honestly, although the score wasn't earth shattering this was a very clean round for me. Never playing here before really, really hurt. First, as far as the challenge is concerned, I didn't disagree with the Caddie once. More on that in a paragraph or two.

These may have been the most undulated greens I've ever played on. I had 20 putts on the front nine, and the crazy thing is that I wasn't even putting that terribly. Basically, if you were not within eight feet of the hole, you were better off the green. On more than one occasion I was just happy to escape with a three-putt and not something worse. I understand the course is not long and so its difficulty lies with the greens, but it is also frustrating (as someone with no local knowledge) to hit the fat part of the green and then be faced with either a huge uphill or slippery quick downhill putt. Now that I've played here once, I know that off the green isn't necessarily a bad miss.

I was majorly disappointed in Arccos' strategy. After doing the Caddie preview last night, I expected to hit driver on almost everything that wasn't a par 3, since that's what the app was recommending. On the course, the app recommended an entirely different strategy. Only twice did it recommend driver, and instead it had a love affair with my 2 hybrid. I had a reasonably effective day with the 2 hybrid, but there was a two/three hole stretch on the back where I started losing the ball right with it and that led to a couple double bogies that hurt. 

On the bright side, Arccos absolutely nailed the strategy on the first par 3 on the front. A big downhill par 3 (one of my favorite hole designs), with the wind whipping up at the tee box (wish I had snapped a picture).

IMG_10092020_155902_(500_x_800_pixel).jpg.19de6cfdcc22a2f6594db5119e1dbe53.jpg

A threesome let me play through after they hit their tee shots and with the audience I stepped up with the 9 iron and hit a perfect, beautiful tight draw that landed and stuck about four feet from the pin.

IMG_10092020_154512_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.67873377db6eafe1470d1ec233ed7223.jpg

The birdie putt lipped out.🤦‍♂️

I ended up joining another single that was visiting from Washington, D.C., area on No. 10 tee box. It was very nice chatting with him throughout the rest of the round (socially distanced, of course), and he was very interested in the Arccos Caddie challenge and MyGolfSpy. By the end of the round it was a running gag that Arccos would recommend the 2 hybrid even when there was plenty of room to hit driver. Thankfully, the 2 hybrid kept up with his driver pretty well and we were really evenly matched the whole nine holes.

I did end up pulling driver on No. 17. I assume that's what Caddie would have recommended on the par 5, but this is the screen I received. I actually got this on the first par 5 on the front as well, and ended up pulling 2 hybrid (which was actually the right club choice).

IMG_10092020_160426_(400_x_800_pixel).jpg.f9a9cf4b0aab4569c2e7c18fb15ea72e.jpg

IMG_10092020_160309_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.84220d9db14d7a6ba7d63ef15e92a13f.jpg

Any day spent on the golf course is a good day, and a round in which I play the same ball the entire round, have two birdies and nearly a hole-in-one is a great day in my book. Very fun round to start the wrap up of #CC4.

I did end up getting tomorrow afternoon off as well, so one more shot at besting this effort comes tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Was there not multiple strategies where you could choose different options off the tee? 
curious why strategy yesterday was different, assuming the tee boxes weren’t off by much.

but hey 87 on a first tome course is great well done. Do you think the benefit would have been flag hunting and if you missed the green oh well?

  • Like 4

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lacassem said:

Was there not multiple strategies where you could choose different options off the tee? 
curious why strategy yesterday was different, assuming the tee boxes weren’t off by much.

but hey 87 on a first tome course is great well done. Do you think the benefit would have been flag hunting and if you missed the green oh well?

Yeah, so that was the crazy thing. Multiple strategies and none of them were driver or 3 wood? Basically, every hole was 2 hybrid or 4 iron. I thought it was going to be driver or 2 hybrid. Oh well. I have to go back through Arccos, but I know I hit a handful of 2 hybrids in the 230 range again so I'm happy. 

Regarding flag hunting, you hit the nail on the head. The first four holes I was not aiming at flags but rather playing for a 2 putt par. After that turned out to be a really bad strategy, I started going right at the flags with much better success. No. 12 comes to mind because I had the distance to pin in my head and just knew it would slide a little right off the slope. Hit my distance on the number, it had a little right kick and spin and it trickled to 18 inches for a tap-in birdie. Unfortunately on 13, 14, and 16 I hit leaky tee shots that didn't let me attack the pin very well, if at all.

I'll definitely be back next year for my free birthday round armed with all of this knowledge.

  • Like 5

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.4 (Last Updated Nov. 10, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4", Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2", UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
5-GW:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2", KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / 
srixon.png.43e385967a8ed97dd1678520c0dc8ef3.png Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, edingc said:

Yeah, so that was the crazy thing. Multiple strategies and none of them were driver or 3 wood? Basically, every hole was 2 hybrid or 4 iron. I thought it was going to be driver or 2 hybrid. Oh well. I have to go back through Arccos, but I know I hit a handful of 2 hybrids in the 230 range again so I'm happy. 

Regarding flag hunting, you hit the nail on the head. The first four holes I was not aiming at flags but rather playing for a 2 putt par. After that turned out to be a really bad strategy, I started going right at the flags with much better success. No. 12 comes to mind because I had the distance to pin in my head and just knew it would slide a little right off the slope. Hit my distance on the number, it had a little right kick and spin and it trickled to 18 inches for a tap-in birdie. Unfortunately on 13, 14, and 16 I hit leaky tee shots that didn't let me attack the pin very well, if at all.

I'll definitely be back next year for my free birthday round armed with all of this knowledge.

Wow can’t believe driver wasn’t in there. Regardless good round place looks immaculate 

  • Like 4

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites

xOldBenKenobiX   Thanks for being a big part of the fun we have had in #COBRACONNECT4. I think you would be a excellent candidate for COBRACONNECT5 !You Are Great GIFs | Tenor

Love the film clip !!!! One of my favorite movies.

 

  • Like 7

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

 :titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

  :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, edingc said:

First, a few pictures because the course was looking mighty fine even on this overcast and dreary September day.

IMG_10092020_154501_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.4a5f929775c98d8c52884f68ef329016.jpg

IMG_10092020_154402_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.38f4703df023ab16adb929363707bc55.jpg

IMG_10092020_154329_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.afe0dffad853e5400dbad8944a09b270.jpg

I shot an 87 on the 69.4/123 tees.

Honestly, although the score wasn't earth shattering this was a very clean round for me. Never playing here before really, really hurt. First, as far as the challenge is concerned, I didn't disagree with the Caddie once. More on that in a paragraph or two.

These may have been the most undulated greens I've ever played on. I had 20 putts on the front nine, and the crazy thing is that I wasn't even putting that terribly. Basically, if you were not within eight feet of the hole, you were better off the green. On more than one occasion I was just happy to escape with a three-putt and not something worse. I understand the course is not long and so its difficulty lies with the greens, but it is also frustrating (as someone with no local knowledge) to hit the fat part of the green and then be faced with either a huge uphill or slippery quick downhill putt. Now that I've played here once, I know that off the green isn't necessarily a bad miss.

I was majorly disappointed in Arccos' strategy. After doing the Caddie preview last night, I expected to hit driver on almost everything that wasn't a par 3, since that's what the app was recommending. On the course, the app recommended an entirely different strategy. Only twice did it recommend driver, and instead it had a love affair with my 2 hybrid. I had a reasonably effective day with the 2 hybrid, but there was a two/three hole stretch on the back where I started losing the ball right with it and that led to a couple double bogies that hurt. 

On the bright side, Arccos absolutely nailed the strategy on the first par 3 on the front. A big downhill par 3 (one of my favorite hole designs), with the wind whipping up at the tee box (wish I had snapped a picture).

IMG_10092020_155902_(500_x_800_pixel).jpg.19de6cfdcc22a2f6594db5119e1dbe53.jpg

A threesome let me play through after they hit their tee shots and with the audience I stepped up with the 9 iron and hit a perfect, beautiful tight draw that landed and stuck about four feet from the pin.

IMG_10092020_154512_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.67873377db6eafe1470d1ec233ed7223.jpg

The birdie putt lipped out.🤦‍♂️

I ended up joining another single that was visiting from Washington, D.C., area on No. 10 tee box. It was very nice chatting with him throughout the rest of the round (socially distanced, of course), and he was very interested in the Arccos Caddie challenge and MyGolfSpy. By the end of the round it was a running gag that Arccos would recommend the 2 hybrid even when there was plenty of room to hit driver. Thankfully, the 2 hybrid kept up with his driver pretty well and we were really evenly matched the whole nine holes.

I did end up pulling driver on No. 17. I assume that's what Caddie would have recommended on the par 5, but this is the screen I received. I actually got this on the first par 5 on the front as well, and ended up pulling 2 hybrid (which was actually the right club choice).

IMG_10092020_160426_(400_x_800_pixel).jpg.f9a9cf4b0aab4569c2e7c18fb15ea72e.jpg

IMG_10092020_160309_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.84220d9db14d7a6ba7d63ef15e92a13f.jpg

Any day spent on the golf course is a good day, and a round in which I play the same ball the entire round, have two birdies and nearly a hole-in-one is a great day in my book. Very fun round to start the wrap up of #CC4.

I did end up getting tomorrow afternoon off as well, so one more shot at besting this effort comes tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Great round, it had been foggy, just overcast the past few days, I think tomorrow we might get some sunshine here on the southeast part of the state, I hope you get blue skyes and calm winds tomorrow. 

  • Like 4

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

 

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, edingc said:

Yeah, so that was the crazy thing. Multiple strategies and none of them were driver or 3 wood? Basically, every hole was 2 hybrid or 4 iron. I thought it was going to be driver or 2 hybrid. Oh well. I have to go back through Arccos, but I know I hit a handful of 2 hybrids in the 230 range again so I'm happy. 

Regarding flag hunting, you hit the nail on the head. The first four holes I was not aiming at flags but rather playing for a 2 putt par. After that turned out to be a really bad strategy, I started going right at the flags with much better success. No. 12 comes to mind because I had the distance to pin in my head and just knew it would slide a little right off the slope. Hit my distance on the number, it had a little right kick and spin and it trickled to 18 inches for a tap-in birdie. Unfortunately on 13, 14, and 16 I hit leaky tee shots that didn't let me attack the pin very well, if at all.

I'll definitely be back next year for my free birthday round armed with all of this knowledge.

I think the AI is supposed to run a strategy in accordance with the best stats of your clubs, I don't know much about their algorithm, but I think it takes in consideration the breakdown of how to get you the best approach shot to the green. 

All I know is that my caddie and I are not on speaking terms as off late. 

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

 

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, edingc said:

Yeah, so that was the crazy thing. Multiple strategies and none of them were driver or 3 wood? Basically, every hole was 2 hybrid or 4 iron. I thought it was going to be driver or 2 hybrid. Oh well. I have to go back through Arccos, but I know I hit a handful of 2 hybrids in the 230 range again so I'm happy. 

Regarding flag hunting, you hit the nail on the head. The first four holes I was not aiming at flags but rather playing for a 2 putt par. After that turned out to be a really bad strategy, I started going right at the flags with much better success. No. 12 comes to mind because I had the distance to pin in my head and just knew it would slide a little right off the slope. Hit my distance on the number, it had a little right kick and spin and it trickled to 18 inches for a tap-in birdie. Unfortunately on 13, 14, and 16 I hit leaky tee shots that didn't let me attack the pin very well, if at all.

I'll definitely be back next year for my free birthday round armed with all of this knowledge.

Make sure to also check what tee box the app has at the start, I know it might seem silly because the app is knows your exact distance, but it could be a factor. 

  • Like 5

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

 

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I'm starting to prepare from now

giphy.gif

Thank you, I appreciate the vote of confidence. 

Im definitely applying next year, when CCC5 comes around. 

 

I’ll see ya there lol. This has been awsome to watch on the sideline

  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lacassem said:

I’ll see ya there lol. This has been awsome to watch on the sideline

and if you and @xOldBenKenobiX are nominated as tributes you can bet your bottom dollar the #CCC4 crew will be there to give you guys hell! 🤣

  • Love 2
  • Haha 5
  • Hmmm 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

 

#cuetheduckboats

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I’ll see ya there lol. This has been awsome to watch on the sideline

I welcome the competition

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

and if you and @xOldBenKenobiX are nominated as tributes you can bet your bottom dollar the #CCC4 crew will be there to give you guys hell! 🤣

I look forward to have you cheer me on Bryan

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b82bspx87u597hrsm77

But I prefer to have the cowboys cheerleader squad behind me. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952fe9a43f070d61e567b

  • Like 4

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

 

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, edingc said:

As far as the course goes, it costs what it does because it's located so close to downtown Grand Rapids. With my free birthday greens fee I ended up paying $21 for a cart and a small bucket of range balls, and I spent $6 at the gas station beforehand to grab some Coke Zero and a snack. You need a cart, it's not really a walkable course at all.

The course was in very nice shape, although the greens on the first few holes were pretty thin. They were rolling OK, but you can tell the long stretches of heat and dryness we had this summer did some damage to them. Despite all of the rain we've had the past few days there were only a few wet spots, a major plus.

The design was fun, very challenging but fair, especially off the tee box. It's a par 70. The par 5 on the front was very underwhelming. The hole's difficulty comes from a very narrow landing area if you wanted to hit driver. I hit 2 hybrid, 5 iron, and then and bad approach shot that left me with a short chip and a one putt for par. Probably the only hole on the course I didn't like. On the back nine there's not a lot of flat spots to hit from, so you better be comfortable with different types of lies. I really struggled out of the rough. It's a very thick Kentucky bluegrass that kind of raises the ball up and I kept sliding the club face under leading to weak, high toe shots.

This picture gives a good idea of the type of stuff you'll encounter there. I hit my tee shot on the the par 3, No. 8 hole into this waste area. It took two shots to get out and then three putts as my second shot ran all the way back to the very front of green (left side of this picture).

IMG_10092020_154450_(1280_x_800_pixel).jpg.b81cbd1bdf0b14752b18daaff38081e4.jpg

My biggest complaint was that they let a group of five out, which I had to play through. Overall pace of play of play was good though, I teed off at 11:45-ish and was done just after 3 PM. Pairing up with the other single helped to speed me up a bit.

Also, they are not open on Sundays so Saturdays are generally packed. With the pace of play being what it was today with minimal people out, I'm not sure I'd be interested in playing the course when it was packed.

That! looks like a fun course ... and agreed, it’s looks like it’s in great shape. 👌

The 🙌🏼

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lacassem said:

curious why strategy yesterday was different, assuming the tee boxes weren’t off by much.

My experience with using caddie to preview courses is it is terrible about knowing which tee box will have the selected tees, which could explain the difference. If you play the tips (or close to them), maybe the difference is not as bad?

  • Like 5

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, daviddvm said:

xOldBenKenobiX   Thanks for being a big part of the fun we have had in #COBRACONNECT4. I think you would be a excellent candidate for COBRACONNECT5 !You Are Great GIFs | Tenor

Love the film clip !!!! One of my favorite movies.

 

That movie has so many memorable scenes.

I love this one

 

  • Like 2

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

 

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't tried the caddie recommendations yet, and I've had Arccos for about a year now.   I suppose I should give it a shot

 

I did discover that BEFORE you select "start round", you need to pick your tee.  Does anyone know how to change what tee you hit from during or after your round?

Since doing so and not defaulting to the tips, my handicap has gone through a huge correction and is almost dead on with my USGA index.  

  • Like 2

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😢

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:cobra-small:  King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 5-PW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

 

2019: Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  

2020: Testing SkyCaddie LX5 Watch 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

I haven't tried the caddie recommendations yet, and I've had Arccos for about a year now.   I suppose I should give it a shot

 

I did discover that BEFORE you select "start round", you need to pick your tee.  Does anyone know how to change what tee you hit from during or after your round?

Since doing so and not defaulting to the tips, my handicap has gone through a huge correction and is almost dead on with my USGA index.  

I am not sure, I have found this from their site.

@edingc

Does Arccos Caddie adjust tee boxes?

If a player is standing on a tee box, Arccos Caddie will show the optimal path from that location. If a player is not on a tee box, or not playing a round, Arccos Caddie will default to the middle tee box. Users may adjust the tee box location at any time.

 

  • Like 2

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

 

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...