Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Our Sponsors

36 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Week 8 Recap

@B.Boston closed off the season with another strong week shooting a CCNet 66.1, the lowest individual score of the season. What a time to go lowwwwww! Playing well on such a difficult course certainly helped him here. The overall category (x2) is still yet to be decided but he's certainly taken the challenge by the short ones. Great shooting!

Week8.png

This whole season has been incredibly impressive for the duck boats as he's only finished outside the top two twice all year. Here's the current standings:

Overall8.png

For our members, the prop bets introduced a new wrinkle to the challenge. With 62 entries, 5 of you went a perfect 4 for 4: @cnosil @DevilDog29 @golfish! @Scott33 and @The 19th Hole. Here's how they shook out:

• Winner: B.Boston
  • Disagreements with Caddie: Way under, 3
  • Total Net Strokes: Over, 285.7
  • Total Putts: Over, 132

The oddsmaker (cough cough) could've been better but the house would still be bringing home money so that's all that matters. To settle this out for our prize this week, here's the wheel spin:

Congrats on your prize! Shoot me a PM to claim your kicks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And, it's with bittersweet finality that we draw the competitive aspect of this challenge to a close. Thanks to our competitors for bearing the cross this season and to every one of the members who made the #COBRACONNECT Challenge 4 the best yet! It's been a pleasure serving you.

Over the next few days, our competitors will be submitting their overall standings and final thoughts for the challenge and Cobra lineup. If you've followed along (either casually or intensely) please share your favorite parts of the challenge and maybe highlight a few things you'd like to see for future challenges.

Well it brings tears to my eyes that it is over, it was a truly interesting competition.

Well @B.Boston Congrats on getting the win.

@daviddvm very well done on your part sir.

@Headhammer @GB13 @edingc Again fantastic effort.

@golfish! Congrats on the winning the swag this week.

Now we have another 9 months of waiting for the next sign up period.

I am going to have to fill the first few with football.

My cowboys aren't helping at all
giphy.gif

But hey, at least it is US open week

giphy.gif

I know Phil is excited to be back at Winged foot
giphy.gif

and the Masters is coming

giphy.gif

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks t

Before I get any further into this introduction, I first want to say a big THANK YOU to Cobra/Puma/Arccos and MyGolfSpy. Not only is this one of the biggest and best testing opportunities on the MGS F

Sure, this meme was used already in this thread, and I'm not the only one who wanted to use it... But you know what... Hello Fellow Spies and welcome to my #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 Intro! 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Woah there trigger, the fat lady hasn't even finished dressing yet let alone started warming the pipes up....

Oh crap, things I do without sleeping, yeah I missed the season long stuff

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

57 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

If you've followed along (either casually or intensely) please share your favorite parts of the challenge and maybe highlight a few things you'd like to see for future challenges.

I loved being a part of the challenges this year with the mixed bag setup!  I was sad I wasn't able to complete the last challenge, but I really think the challenges improved my game.  Over the weekend I played my first round back as a 1-man scramble tournament and got 5th place with at net score (80% handicap) of 62!!!

• Like 7

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

I loved being a part of the challenges this year with the mixed bag setup!  I was sad I wasn't able to complete the last challenge, but I really think the challenges improved my game.  Over the weekend I played my first round back as a 1-man scramble tournament and got 5th place with at net score (80% handicap) of 62!!!

Wow that’s damn impressive! Nice shooting. It was great to have the participation that we did. I know I loved having you guys involved and pushing the #CCC4 competitors knowing we had you guys out there gunning for us!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

23 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

That was also my favorite part, to be able to go play against the competitors was really fun, I did not always do well, but it was really enjoyable, more so for my playing partner who showed up every week asking "What crazy thing I was doing that week"

I wish that going forward we could expand on the playing against the competitors.

And off course the dress up week was awesome.

** I am starting to plan my dress up for next year from now

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX
  • Like 8

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

45 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Over the weekend I played my first round back as a 1-man scramble tournament and got 5th place with at net score (80% handicap) of 62!!!

Very nice shooting BTW

• Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

3 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Very nice shooting BTW

Thank you!  Helps having 3 putts go in from off the greens

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

6 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Thank you!  Helps having 3 putts go in from off the greens

That is very nice, I've had my share of off the green putts that went in. 

This is the last one

image.png.200d5924a0f7524d259f296e0e757907.png

I hit it from short of the green next to the bunker, about 5 yards short of the green to a flag that was on the middle,  Arccos said it was 99 feet of putt, but for where the flag was, I think it was more like 60 feet, but still a fantastic putt to save par.

• Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Overall, this challenge has been amazing. Huge shoutout to MGS and Cobra for putting this on, from the gorgeous clubs to the well thought out challenges it was fun every week to see what the competitors would bring. @B.Boston, @daviddvm, @edingc, @GB13, @Headhammer...ya done good! Reviews were insightful and well written, memes were well used, and you all did a great job of including the forum members in the process. Huge shoutout to @daviddvm for highlighting the one length clubs all year, I have a buddy who plays these and swears by them for those who can't put the time into golf that it takes to hammer down a swing with 14 different length clubs.

I would say my favorite part of the challenge was definitely breaking 80 for the first time during the woods and wedges competition. It was a lot of fun to play the different types of challenges, and I will be incorporating some of them into practice rounds for the high school kids this year to keep things fresh and help them learn course management in different scenarios. I'm bummed I was unable to partake in the 14 club challenge, but will definitely be roping that one in somewhere soon. Every week that involved getting forum members out on the course and connecting through golf was a definite win for me.

As far as suggestions go, I think it would be a ton of fun to have a week where members get to call out one of the participants and remove X number of clubs from their bag for that week. For example, if someone posted their Arccos data and it was clear their driving handicap was low, you could call them out and take away their driver. Or look at their usage data and take away the club(s) they tend to use for the most shots. This would provide different options off the tee/around the green throughout the round to give more insight to the review, but also would be a lot of fun for the forum members. Perhaps if I want to remove more than 1 club, I need to subtract a point from my handicap for head to head comparison? Just a thought. 

Thanks for a fun 8 weeks!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

#COBRACONNECT4  #MGSCOBRA2020  #TeamCobraONE  #TeamONElength Morning Brew   ?

• Haha 5

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Congrats @golfish! on the wheel spin edging us out. It was a nail biter! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 9.5* head set to 8* loft 3*open, weights set slightly lower Launch and fade bias
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: B X, and currently testing the Vice Pro + Neon just for fun
11 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Well Cobra doing a hell of a job again. Wondered why the dogs were barking earlier, went up to get some lunch for the kids and lookie what I found.

62179471067__89FC9719-11BC-4559-936A-FC94CD17A3A7.JPG.ce435958cf6d054e561a82f7ec8ee8c6.JPG

As always well packaged. Cobra material is awesome BTW! quickly becoming my favorite shirts on course (and work). 

I will not be wearing this hat and shirt together, but the shirt goes with my hat from week 1 (dark blue on the bottom of the shirt not black). I grew up watching Tiger so I have plenty to go with the black hat (and camo on top of it, its like they know me).

IMG_5391.jpg.5db800f9c1185cd00d36bc909b54783e.jpg62179946026__0E295D3B-738B-41EA-9587-782FD4E5B2DC.JPG.cfbd6c30da1fe4b3c26d29ca7e1e67d0.JPG

That is nice

• Like 4

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

5 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I had purchased a set of non-subscription required sensors at the beginning of the season and will be switching to those and fresh grips when needed.

Are those the second gen Bryan?

• Like 3

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Are those the second gen Bryan?

Yes sir! Got them after the announcement was made about the move to subscription only. Adjustments.jpg
  • Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

Big congrats to @golfish!, enjoy the swag dude!!

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

40 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Yes sir! Got them after the announcement was made about the move to subscription only. Adjustments.jpg

I'm still using it the first Gen, I'm going to start looking for some Gen 2 to replace them. 

• Like 3

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Have you noticed any difference on the course in the performance of the Gen 2 and Gen 3?

Also are there any differences on the app features and tools from one to another?

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge