Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Our Sponsors

7 hours ago, GB13 said:

Pfft, it wouldn’t be a CCC thread if someone didn’t rag on my age. It’s been a hell of a lot of fun. I’ve enjoyed every minute of it!

58* wedge, then surprisingly the 3W. The flop shots I can hit with the 58° are absolutely amazing. Not to mention it is just automatically within 10-15 feet from 80 yards. The 3W because of the Baffler rails. I finally found one I can hit off the deck, and it’s nice.

This is interesting, I’ll need to post a photo of mine, but I’m seeing significantly more wear on my 54*. I’m not sure if it is due to the soil here being mostly clay, or what.

It must be from your superior swing speed! But yeah I’d love to see a photo or two.  I’d say I played in pretty varied conditions some courses were soft and some were firm.  But we don’t have a ton of that clay up here.

I was expecting significant wear on the sole from the rocky soil we have but I’m very impressed with the durability of the finish there.  I think these will look good in the bag until their useful life is over, which is something I could not say about an older Tour Trusty Black finish I had seen in @Lacassem’s bag.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks t

Before I get any further into this introduction, I first want to say a big THANK YOU to Cobra/Puma/Arccos and MyGolfSpy. Not only is this one of the biggest and best testing opportunities on the MGS F

Sure, this meme was used already in this thread, and I'm not the only one who wanted to use it... But you know what... Hello Fellow Spies and welcome to my #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 Intro! 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

It must be from your superior swing speed! But yeah I’d love to see a photo or two.  I’d say I played in pretty varied conditions some courses were soft and some were firm.  But we don’t have a ton of that clay up here.

I was expecting significant wear on the sole from the rocky soil we have but I’m very impressed with the durability of the finish there.  I think these will look good in the bag until their useful life is over, which is something I could not say about an older Tour Trusty Black finish I had seen in @Lacassem’s bag.

That trusty rusty was just that, trust and rusty....I still got that sucker to spin with no grooves though!

• Like 4

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

29 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Speaking of elbow pain... how are you holding up?  Think you’ll play some more this year or are you on the IR until the spring?

Okay. The pain and throbbing just doing nothing has subsided, but still there when I grab, push/pull or swing. I've got 2 more weeks of PT then I go back to the orthopedic surgeon for revaluation. Praying for no surgery & just continued rehab.

• Like 7

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

HCP:18

54 minutes ago, edingc said:

This is probably the hardest post I’ll write of the entire challenge, if only because it signals the end of a wonderful three-plus months that made an otherwise crappy, COVID-laden summer really special.

First, again, I need to thank Cobra, Puma, Arccos and MyGolfSpy for putting on this excellent competition. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of work! I hope we not only lived up to, but exceeded your expectations.

A big shout out goes out to my competitors, @B.Boston, @daviddvm, @GB13 and @Headhammer, for playing some amazing golf during our weekly challenges and making this a very humbling experience for my golf game! I also can’t forget to thank @ncwoz for joining me during the alternate shot challenge. Hopefully we’ll grab another round together sometime soon.

And finally, thanks to @GolfSpy STUDque for organizing and running this entire show. The amount of work he has done behind the scenes during this challenge has been amazing.

With those aside, let’s take a look at my performance. First, my Arccos handicaps from the 15 baseline rounds:

baselinestats.png.d0fe190bfbecffff7d7b05a763b7dbc4.png

And my overall handicaps after playing 26 rounds with the Cobra clubs in the bag:

overall_stats.png.0942e8bb121cfd92be150d21de729109.png

kawhi.gif.37db3d93505b87058c5d8e0b7a6ccd79.gif

I didn’t see the drastic improvement in Arccos handicaps that some of my fellow competitors did. What happened? 

During my 15 baseline rounds, I shot 80 or less seven times, establishing pretty lofty Arccos handicaps based on my historical golf game. During my 26 competition rounds, I broke 80 only once and routinely lived between 83-87. 

My estimated WHS handicap was around 11 when I applied for #CC4, and it crept to about 13 before I got hot at the beginning of July. During the baseline period it dropped under nine. As of this writing, it’s back to 11.

I’m pretty sure that is what statisticians would call “regression to the mean.”

Was my inability to continue playing sub-80 golf the clubs’ fault? No, not at all. While I may have struggled initially with the irons, I’m now starting to get more comfortable with every single Cobra club in my bag. I think my results boil down to a few things:

1. I continued my monthly lessons with my coach throughout the challenge. I made a lot of good progress during my June lesson and it led to my improvement immediately thereafter during my baseline rounds. During my July lesson, we tried to change a feel on my downswing. I over-corrected and really struggled for a few weeks with woeful balI striking.
  2. I tweaked my left knee walking the course sometime in early August. I’ve been dealing with on-and-off pain since, depending on how much I walk in a day. The pain has made walking the course and playing difficult, and I also assume it led to some of the compensations I was making in my swing.
  3. I neglected my putter! I rarely practiced putting this year, and as my Arccos numbers show, I really struggled these last few weeks. I recorded a total of 25 three-putts in the six competition rounds I played in September. That is an astronomically silly number and a great way to ruin otherwise pretty good rounds!

I am very happy with the improvement in the chipping and sand handicaps. The Cobra KING MIM Black wedges are an excellent fit for my short game and allow me to hit any shot I can imagine. My confidence around the green and from the sand is at an all-time high.

With all that being said, I did record a number of personal bests during the challenge:

personalbests.png.acc5fb68be169c2bd80a13b0fa41e63e.png

Some particular highlights from the challenge I’m proud of:

• Recorded a personal best 76 during the 14-club challenge week, beating my previous lowest score by two strokes.
  • Had two drives over 300 yards total with the Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme, and raised my Arccos “smart distance” to 265 yards with the driver. (Go back and read my Epic Flash review - this is a huge improvement from last season.)
  • Played from the 6,800 yard tees at a pretty difficult course and played even par golf for over half the holes (I won’t mention how the other half went... 🤣).
  • Notched an eagle on No. 9 at my home course, going driver, 7 iron, and finishing with a tricky downhill chip-in using the 54 degree wedge.
  • Played more than 60 rounds of golf during the 2020 season. Over 50 of those rounds were 18 holes, and 46 of them occurred after I was chosen to be a participant in #CC4. A big thank you to my wonderful wife who was all about me getting in my rounds for the challenge.

I was the bottom in many of the weekly challenges. Setting such a low baseline handicap didn’t help my chances, nor did the course rating/slope of my home track, but I want to point out how well each of my competitors played. I thought I put up pretty good scores during every week except the irons-only challenge, but I just got blown out! Even recording a personal best 76 during the 14-club challenge was only good for third place that week. I would have needed to shoot under gross par on multiple weeks to have finished in first place. The level of talent in this year’s group was unreal, and I’m so proud to have been a part of it.

Each of the weekly challenges were a ton of fun; they really made me work on improving my game. Playing a course with only woods/wedges or irons really forces you to hit shots you normally wouldn’t. And playing the forward tees can really change a course as well (thanks, @GolfSpy STUDque, for that suggestion). I’m definitely a more well-rounded player coming out of this challenge.

What’s next for me? Our season here in Michigan is rapidly winding down, and that’s probably for the best with the condition of my knee. My hope is that some additional rest will have me healed up completely quickly, so I can get back to grinding trying to improve for next year. As of right now I plan to keep the Cobra clubs in the bag, although I may replace the 4 iron with another SpeedZone hybrid.

Oh, and I think a putting lesson and maybe a fitting is in order 😀.

Thanks again, everyone. It’s been a blast having the forum participation throughout this summer.

#TeamCalvesLikePhil4Lyfe

micdrop.gif.4977ec466e063f2b53dba5ba26e60e55.gif

Well done, the improvement during this past few weeks have been phenomenal 

• Like 6

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

10 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I'll be interested to see where your arccos handicaps go from here, now that you can play "normal" golf and not have to play challenge rounds. I think it's hard to really guage the performance based on rounds with some pretty strict rules, from an overall handicap perspective at least.

I'm sad I didn't get to participate in any of the challenges, hopefully next year we can go back to some 9-hole events for those who #play9 often? My city closing back down for covid didn't help, but maybe covid21 will be nicer to us next year.

Good job this year everyone, except that Boston guy I'm 99% sure he cheated #cuethesuckboat (I'm a sore loser)

We need someone to check his golf balls and cell phone video.  There's evidence somewhere.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

3 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

We need someone to check his golf balls and cell phone video.  There's evidence somewhere.

Hes like this guy:

Sammy Sosa would welcome Wrigley return 'for fans,' says criticism is  'devil talking' - Chicago Tribune

Corked balls

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Hes like this guy:
ct-spt-cubs-sammy-sosa-wrigley-return-20180502
Corked balls

Should I submit my balls to Tony for #finditcutit verification?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

Should I submit my balls to Tony for #finditcutit verification?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please go to the doctor for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

19 hours ago, Lacassem said:

My last question for the competitors (can add to your sum up too) what is the 1 club you wouldn’t give up. If you had to give them all back but 1 group whether it was just automatic or just out performed previous club? (driver, woods, hybrids, irons or wedges).

the gambler in me wants to guess:

@edingc wedges?

@daviddvm the OL?

@GB13 tough one I’m guessing driver or irons ? Only because you seemed to be launching the driver throughout

@B.Boston wedges or wood?

@Headhammer woods?

Just my guesses from initial reviews

My Cobra 3 wood.

1316214347_ScreenShot2020-09-15at3_20_05PM.png.e351fa3b68420fa55b1a3b685cfeb259.png

• Like 6

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

HCP:18

B.Boston’s #CobraConnect Challenge – Competition Wrap Up Edition

Well, that’s a wrap!  It’s hard to believe that this #cobraconnect journey started way back on June 5th when [mention=73629]GolfSpy STUDque[/mention] decided he had enough of the memes and gifs and FINALLY announced the competitors for this years challenge.

It’s been said before and it can’t be said enough a massive thank you to Enrique for organizing this, Cobra Golf for making it possible, and My Golf Spy for being the best golf forum available.  The amount of work Enrique and our contacts with Cobra did behind this scenes to keep this as smooth as possible in a strange year was nothing short of extraordinary.  Thank you!

204BED6A-4FFB-48BB-A46A-22791BD3206D.gif.864ceda2bab008f2eb54fddccba5911d.gif

To my fellow competitors [mention=84579]edingc[/mention], [mention=86024]daviddvm[/mention], [mention=74341]Headhammer[/mention], and the kid [mention=81594]GB13[/mention], thank you all for your dedication during this challenge.  I know we all want to win and gave out best efforts each and every week.  It’s a tight race and it looks like #Teamhammer is still in the hunt!  There were lots of great shots made by everyone and some near hole-in-ones!  

0497A3AA-C0C9-4BF8-9FBF-B3CC74A965A9.gif.3238988c155b919be283057f76df4bf6.gif

One thing that should be perfectly clear to those following this thread is how high quality the cobra equipment is.  It seems there were very few switching pains from our old equipment.  I know my loft-jacking concerns were eliminated almost immediately as I hit these Forged Tec irons easily higher then my old AP2s.  Kudos to Cobra and our fitters for doing great work getting me matched up with high performance clubs.

A special shout out to the Godfather of my middle child, golfing buddy, and all around stand-up guy [mention=85612]Lacassem[/mention] for some great shooting during the Alternate shot challenge and for partnering up with me all summer.  I’m glad you got some awesome Puma gear out of this for your efforts!

56E23F6D-FAE2-4E54-A710-BCF155F81A50.jpeg.c339559cf6bb69b1411642016277bbdd.jpeg

I am so grateful to have been selected and able to participate this year.  In many ways, if it were not for the COVID-19 Pandemic allowing me to work from home for the foreseeable future I never would have been able to commit to so many rounds of golf (well not without really owing my wife).  I was able to play many rounds in the morning and not chew up too much family time on weekends.  After 32 rounds (21 with the cobra clubs), and 1,746 shots later and Here are my ending Arccos handicaps:

8A5E6254-9CFE-4BCF-AF7F-FD0DEBD46AD4.png.ecc20678a0dc07cd0294293c428cd126.png

I had several personal bests during the competition and a lot more birdies than I can remember.  I think in many ways the weekly challenges forced me to really think about my game and I had to focus more knowing that you all would see the results of my efforts.  This is just a quick table to show the Arccos bests versus what I had reached in the baseline period.  Two of the bests we’re really ties, so I did not include them in my final numbers.

B2AD1165-90B1-460B-A598-199C8353B144.png.b50ed94a43f75b0860da73386a36089b.png

On top of these bests I had a number of really good shots that I’ll take away with me.  Just last weekend at Point Sebago Golf Course I hit this 7-iron that nearly went in!  It’s probably the closest I’ve come to a hole-in-one as the ball landed to the left of the flag went past the hole and came back settling to the right of the flag for the easy tap in.  My approach shots with the Cobra clubs have been settling pin high more often.

A5A47CDB-B4C2-40E7-8F21-AA01A591F58A.jpeg.65b7433c8d950cd310443c3ec0d75fd1.jpeg

*That is my uncle’s Crown bottle

9815AA15-32D5-4935-A7DF-A7FDF4E15044.jpeg.94217b64ec840d9dc3513cb889289bf4.jpeg EE242C0D-3213-4A57-B257-B7F7CE115E68.jpeg.d48a631c8f7875e652e837e783c3105e.jpeg

283C4F66-3B75-4CC8-9F12-443512CFF11A.jpeg.7968e410ed0949e0d82bf4a456b9676d.jpeg

One of my goals going into this event was to hit more GIR and I am happy to report that I did improve my GIR by 13.9%!  I credit this to both the forgiveness of the Forged Tec irons and a change in my approach that looked toward the back half of the fat part of the green far more often than the flag.

60FB95F4-0E51-4DD0-A0C1-A3855A687219.png.3fb9a9d02a0a9e645a17eb15e84765b6.png 

I also wanted to tighten up my dispersion off the tee and can report that I went from 20 yards of average dispersion to 16 yards.  I credit a lot of this to the Speedzone 5-wood which was over 75% on FIR!  There really is something to the Ventus shaft.  I’ll be trying that out in my driver as well to see if we can get that up from the 47.7% FIR I currently have.

06090E85-EBEC-4356-8CAB-58D2667936DB.jpeg.9dd36700d810a623fe33994323ff31a1.jpeg

68E2D136-E521-4647-94D3-E492674913F2.jpeg.8cb7cbe23f5a034cfaa654147f925cf5.jpeg

Lastly I just wanted to once again say thank you to Cobra golf and My Golf Spy for making this possible.  I hope that this event carries on in the future.  It was so much fun and the challenges were a great exercise in course and expectation management.  I learned quite a bit about my game a long the way and hope to continue my push to a lower single digit handicap.

#cuetheduckboats

• Like 9

#cuetheduckboats

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

I'll be interested to see where your arccos handicaps go from here, now that you can play "normal" golf and not have to play challenge rounds. I think it's hard to really guage the performance based on rounds with some pretty strict rules, from an overall handicap perspective at least.

I'm sad I didn't get to participate in any of the challenges, hopefully next year we can go back to some 9-hole events for those who #play9 often? My city closing back down for covid didn't help, but maybe covid21 will be nicer to us next year.

Good job this year everyone, except that Boston guy I'm 99% sure he cheated #cuethesuckboat (I'm a sore loser)

Funny you mention performance outside of challenges. I played in a work scramble today and my putting was the best it's been in at least a month, and I played a pretty good round overall. I'm terrible under pressure, I think. 😭

• Like 7

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.3 (Last Updated Oct. 9, 2020)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4", Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2", UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
5-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2", KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

B.Boston’s #CobraConnect Challenge – Competition Wrap Up Edition

Well, that’s a wrap!  It’s hard to believe that this #cobraconnect journey started way back on June 5th when @GolfSpy STUDque decided he had enough of the memes and gifs and FINALLY announced the competitors for this years challenge.

It’s been said before and it can’t be said enough a massive thank you to Enrique for organizing this, Cobra Golf for making it possible, and My Golf Spy for being the best golf forum available.  The amount of work Enrique and our contacts with Cobra did behind this scenes to keep this as smooth as possible in a strange year was nothing short of extraordinary.  Thank you!

204BED6A-4FFB-48BB-A46A-22791BD3206D.gif.864ceda2bab008f2eb54fddccba5911d.gif

To my fellow competitors @edingc, @daviddvm, @Headhammer, and the kid @GB13, thank you all for your dedication during this challenge.  I know we all want to win and gave out best efforts each and every week.  It’s a tight race and it looks like #Teamhammer is still in the hunt!  There were lots of great shots made by everyone and some near hole-in-ones!  

0497A3AA-C0C9-4BF8-9FBF-B3CC74A965A9.gif.3238988c155b919be283057f76df4bf6.gif

One thing that should be perfectly clear to those following this thread is how high quality the cobra equipment is.  It seems there were very few switching pains from our old equipment.  I know my loft-jacking concerns were eliminated almost immediately as I hit these Forged Tec irons easily higher then my old AP2s.  Kudos to Cobra and our fitters for doing great work getting me matched up with high performance clubs.

A special shout out to the Godfather of my middle child, golfing buddy, and all around stand-up guy @Lacassem for some great shooting during the Alternate shot challenge and for partnering up with me all summer.  I’m glad you got some awesome Puma gear out of this for your efforts!

56E23F6D-FAE2-4E54-A710-BCF155F81A50.jpeg.c339559cf6bb69b1411642016277bbdd.jpeg

I am so grateful to have been selected and able to participate this year.  In many ways, if it were not for the COVID-19 Pandemic allowing me to work from home for the foreseeable future I never would have been able to commit to so many rounds of golf (well not without really owning my wife).  I was able to play many rounds in the morning and not chew up too much family time on weekends.  After 32 rounds (21 with the cobra clubs), and 1,746 shots later and Here are my ending Arccos handicaps:

8A5E6254-9CFE-4BCF-AF7F-FD0DEBD46AD4.png.ecc20678a0dc07cd0294293c428cd126.png

I had several personal bests during the competition and a lot more birdies than I can remember.  I think in many ways the weekly challenges forced me to really think about my game and I had to focus more knowing that you all would see the results of my efforts.  This is just a quick table to show the Arccos bests versus what I had reached in the baseline period.  Two of the bests we’re really ties, so I did not include them in my final numbers.

B2AD1165-90B1-460B-A598-199C8353B144.png.b50ed94a43f75b0860da73386a36089b.png

On top of these bests I had a number of really good shots that I’ll take away with me.  Just last weekend at Point Sebago Golf Course I hit this 7-iron that nearly went in!  It’s probably the closest I’ve come to a hole-in-one as the ball landed to the left of the flag went past the hole and came back settling to the right of the flag for the easy tap in.  My approach shots with the Cobra clubs have been settling pin high more often.

A5A47CDB-B4C2-40E7-8F21-AA01A591F58A.jpeg.65b7433c8d950cd310443c3ec0d75fd1.jpeg

*That is my uncle’s Crown bottle

9815AA15-32D5-4935-A7DF-A7FDF4E15044.jpeg.94217b64ec840d9dc3513cb889289bf4.jpeg EE242C0D-3213-4A57-B257-B7F7CE115E68.jpeg.d48a631c8f7875e652e837e783c3105e.jpeg

283C4F66-3B75-4CC8-9F12-443512CFF11A.jpeg.7968e410ed0949e0d82bf4a456b9676d.jpeg

One of my goals going into this event was to hit more GIR and I am happy to report that I did improve my GIR by 13.9%!  I credit this to both the forgiveness of the Forged Tec irons and a change in my approach that looked toward the back half of the fat part of the green far more often than the flag.

60FB95F4-0E51-4DD0-A0C1-A3855A687219.png.3fb9a9d02a0a9e645a17eb15e84765b6.png 

I also wanted to tighten up my dispersion off the tee and can report that I went from 20 yards of average dispersion to 16 yards.  I credit a lot of this to the Speedzone 5-wood which was over 75% on FIR!  There really is something to the Ventus shaft.  I’ll be trying that out in my driver as well to see if we can get that up from the 47.7% FIR I currently have.

06090E85-EBEC-4356-8CAB-58D2667936DB.jpeg.9dd36700d810a623fe33994323ff31a1.jpeg

68E2D136-E521-4647-94D3-E492674913F2.jpeg.8cb7cbe23f5a034cfaa654147f925cf5.jpeg

Lastly I just wanted to once again say thank you to Cobra golf and My Golf Spy for making this possible.  I hope that this event carries on in the future.  It was so much fun and the challenges were a great exercise in course and expectation management.  I learned quite a bit about my game a long the way and hope to continue my push to a lower single digit handicap.

#cuetheduckboats

Fantastic wrap up Bryan. 

Thank you for the hard work and dedication to the challenge. 

• Like 5

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

2 hours ago, edingc said:

Funny you mention performance outside of challenges. I played in a work scramble today and my putting was the best it's been in at least a month, and I played a pretty good round overall. I'm terrible under pressure, I think. 😭

You and me both!

• Love 1

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

Wow the trash talk doesn't end does it??? Nice

• Like 4

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1