Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Our Sponsors

5 hours ago, GB13 said:
So... I came in Dead Last... even losing to the guy who withdrew with 2 weeks left.
That clearly wasn’t my best performance. Oh well, I still had a blast with this challenge. We’ve got so many great member who contribute to this thread year in and year out, too many to name, but y’all should know how much we appreciate you. 
Somehow, even with a significant swing rebuild, and coming in a verrrrrrrry distant last, I still managed to drop my handicap 1.4. That not nearly as much as our newly crowned champion [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention], but it’s still very respectable. 
Baseline
2A1E5762-7D66-4810-AE54-7B731EFC8449.jpeg.927da95267a4d24996108d3e4716a52d.jpeg
New average874EFB90-AB81-4919-8C9C-A68D6723AE13.png.953f0aa17bde3a38dbffa4d0c7e17d8e.png
Coming into this challenge, my goals were;
1. More Speed, Less dispersion. Doesn’t that sound like the magic formula to lower scores? Well, seeing as this is my first set of properly fitted clubs, I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility. 
2. I want the transition from player’s irons to player’s distance irons to be smooth. Sure, I’ll take extra distance, however, what I really want is more forgiving and accurate clubs that don’t sacrifice much playability. Cobra promises that with the Forged Tec,  and I’m super excited to see if they pulled it off. 
3. I’ll say it, Cobra wedges have been overlooked for years. I want them to live up to the quality of the rest of their line of clubs. I’m talking great feel, great versatility around the greens, good spin rates, and consistency on full shots. The MIMs are beautiful, now they just need to perform beautifully.
Let’s answer these questions! 
1. My decent swings are certainly longer with the SZ, and the dispersion is the same as my old driver. So anytime you can pick up distance without losing accuracy is a win in my book.
2. Welp, almost my entire handicap drop came from better approach play. Seriously, these irons a legit, try them out. I don’t think I need to say much more about that. 
3. Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. I’m in love with these wedges. I can’t say one bad thing about them, even my playing partners are saying how much better my chipping looks. And I’ve hit some Phil level Phlops with the 58°. 
Overall, I love the Cobra lineup. Minus some nit picky things here and there, I don’t have anything bad to say about it. Most of all, this has been an awesome challenge, and I can’t believe it is over already. Huge shoutout to my fellow competitors for making this such an amazing journey. 

We all know it gets harder to drop those points as you get lower. To drop like that over 8 weeks is nothing to sneeze at!

I can only hope to one day have a fighting chance against the kid in a heads up match. I’ve still got a little way to go before. I’d probably still look like Brady out there against Phil and Tiger if I tried now.

802EF1D8-B7F6-4DCF-8EEA-E50B6663B449.jpeg.0f67e01d5fdd747c9cd2376f56e4ebcf.jpeg

I can’t agree more with the irons and wedges. I too and mmmm super impressed. Long and consistent distance. I don’t think I had one go screaming over the green that couldn’t be attributed to a swing fault or flier lie.

Good luck out there kid... no doubt you’ll be a plus handicap sooner than later.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks t

Before I get any further into this introduction, I first want to say a big THANK YOU to Cobra/Puma/Arccos and MyGolfSpy. Not only is this one of the biggest and best testing opportunities on the MGS F

I’m Dave Hains, my friends call me “Hammer” and you know me here as HeadHammer or as I have recently been monikered - The Quiet Assassin. I’ve always been a fan of everything COBRA. As a young boy I w

Posted Images

10 hours ago, GB13 said:

Frankly, I agree.

Well, they won’t end well for the guy talking to me.

Seriously, congrats on the driver, and you did an absolutely excellent job keeping this thread entertaining! Well deserved! 

Thank you.

For some odd reason every time the wife needs to talk to me, I lose.

• Like 3

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

8 hours ago, GB13 said:

So... I came in Dead Last... even losing to the guy who withdrew with 2 weeks left.

Here you go

FUN TIME: PLEASE DON’T GIVE ME A PARTICIPATION TROPHY

You are also a winner.

Jokes aside, despite the final result you put a great deal of dedication to this challenge and should be proud of how you played.

• Like 6

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

31 minutes ago, edingc said:

I came in dead last, thank you very much!

Wait, I got another one just for you

This should be the time we invert the leader board, so last becomes first.

It might be the margaritas from last night still talking, but this season of the CCC was awesome, I am not joking when I say that it was the best yet.

I want to be one of the competitors so hard next year

giphy.gif
Swing changes are coming

Or I am going back in time and starting over...

giphy.gif

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX
  • Like 4

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

12 hours ago, daviddvm said:

I am self-appointing myself as campaign manager for  sirchunksalot   to be chosen for CCC5 ! 

Even though he chose B. Boston team at the start of CCC4...wait a minute...I resign as campaign manager.

Id Like To Resign Relinquish GIF - IdLikeToResign Resign Relinquish -  Discover & Share GIFs

Just kidding Chunk your the best,  man...not a better soldier on here!

This. #chunksforCCC5 Better yet #C4CCC5. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Congratulations Guys. I wasn’t able to follow along as much as I would like but saw enough to know you enjoyed the ride

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

@B.Boston, Congrats. you did a great job.. 

@daviddvm, @GB13, @edingc, @Headhammer You all did a great job, It was another great year. 

Now that this is over What stays and what goes? I am sure you all have had a chance to reevaluate your set-ups... Spill it.. 

• Like 7

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

4 hours ago, Reesedw said:

@B.Boston, Congrats. you did a great job.. 

@daviddvm, @GB13, @edingc, @Headhammer You all did a great job, It was another great year. 

Now that this is over What stays and what goes? I am sure you all have had a chance to reevaluate your set-ups... Spill it.. 

I did some testing on the range today and will be dropping the SpeedZone 4 Iron in favor of my Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Tungsten 3 Iron with a Recoil graphite shaft. Both are 19 degrees.

I don't hit the SZ 4 iron considerably further than the SZ 5 iron from the tee (and certainly not from the ground). Playing around with my Mevo I was able to get about 210 carry out of the TE Exotics on a good strike, which is just enough to better fill the gap between my 17 degree hybrid and 5 iron from the tee. There are two tee shots on my home course that need about 215-225 with roll and they really can't be longer or shorter or else you're stuck dealing with trees.

I attribute the difference to the graphite shaft in the TE Exotics. Something I may look into with the SZ 4 iron is putting in a graphite shaft in it. The head shape is a little more forgiving and launches a lot higher than the TE Exotics.

Both were clear winners against my Cobra F8 22 degree hybrid, but my swing wasn't particularly great today so I may revisit that in the future.

• Like 9

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 Hybrid Stiff
19° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff
22° Hybrid:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING F8, 38.5", Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff
5-GW:  
maltby_logo.png.c889f4bebd3ab94fe9c37e77ba6c0c55.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

13 hours ago, edingc said:

I hate to be that guy, but since the kid wants to work with numbers for a living, he needs to brush up a bit 🤣 ...

image.png.67a1f35d8b1ba07447c7bd116edd46eb.png

Last I checked, fourth place was still better than fifth place.

I came in dead last, thank you very much!

If you ain’t first, you’re dead last.

13 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Here you go

You are also a winner.

Jokes aside, despite the final result you put a great deal of dedication to this challenge and should be proud of how you played.

Participation trophies are for...

Well, I can’t finish my thought on this forum without breaking some rules, but you know what I mean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

58 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Oh this is rich. My finalists for the contest arguing over who finished last and next to last.

Head Slap GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just like your fantasy golf performance.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 7

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

On 9/17/2020 at 10:15 AM, B.Boston said:

Nicely said! Your immediate comfort with the one length clubs has changed my thoughts on one length clubs. I will check them out when the forged Tec irons need replacing... so in like 10 years.

I’d consider trying out the 5 and 6 iron in one length with this set for sure.

You played awesome this year and it was quite a battle with you going low every week!

And yes, it is a relief to have survived this gauntlet and finally being able to enter the fraternity of #CCC alumni. Hopefully they felt our performance was worthy and we don’t need to sit at the new table for too long!

Mate you boys kicked the door down and have strode straight to the top table!!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 2

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

7 hours ago, GB13 said:

Just like your fantasy golf performance.

I bet my fantasy football performance wont be any better.

• Haha 4

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

9 hours ago, GB13 said:

If you ain’t first, you’re dead last.

Participation trophies are for...

Well, I can’t finish my thought on this forum without breaking some rules, but you know what I mean.

I get it, but the joke was there for the taking and I took it.

I am glad that when I was a kid, participation trophies were not a thing.

I grew up watching Senna, he always said.

giphy.gif

“Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

• Like 3
  • Love 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge