Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Our Sponsors

7 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Oh and brilliant work @GolfSpy STUDque the challenges were spot on this year.

Congrats to @xOldBenKenobiX on a well deserved win. I look forwards to your thoughts on the driver and Arccos!!

Oh and I vote for #C4CCC5 too, go @sirchunksalot!!!

Thank you, I cannot wait to get that driver on my hands.

• Like 5

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks t

Before I get any further into this introduction, I first want to say a big THANK YOU to Cobra/Puma/Arccos and MyGolfSpy. Not only is this one of the biggest and best testing opportunities on the MGS F

I’m Dave Hains, my friends call me “Hammer” and you know me here as HeadHammer or as I have recently been monikered - The Quiet Assassin. I’ve always been a fan of everything COBRA. As a young boy I w

Posted Images

@xOldBenKenobiX Awesome congrats man well deserved ! 

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

On 9/16/2020 at 11:01 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks to our 5 test subjects and the hundreds of regular followers in the thread. This has been a great season and we thank you for coming along for the ride.

Overall Stats:

@B.Boston not only steered the ship into the harbor, he did a power slide into his space with style by wrapping up the overall category running away. This was truly a dominating performance by someone who took his game to the absolute next level. Who wouldn't want to cut their handicap in half? He didn't just improve one area of his game to bring down the HC either, this is across-the-board improvement. Very impressive!

Overall.png

It's also very fun to look at the group's improvement as everyone experienced gains in multiple aspects of their games. You're each going to be formidable opponents in your next tournament. One of the keys to this challenge's success is total buy in and our guys really delivered with a staggering 95.5 rounds amongst them. There's no such thing as protecting the handicap in this group.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Which brings us to our final standings and podium prizes:

Final.png

1. We can #cuetheduckboats for @B.Boston and his fan base. For the grand prize, he'll be bringing home a custom Cobra License Plate Trophy PLUS 1 polo, 1 pair of pants or shorts, 1 hat, 1 pair of shoes.
  2. @daviddvm produced our best ONE length showing to date with a strong second place and even spent a little bit of time in the lead of our challenge. For his prize, he'll be sporting a PUMA Golf cap, polo and pair of shoes
  3. Although he had to withdraw from the competitive piece of the challenge early, @Headhammer managed to do enough throughout his competitive weeks to get himself onto the podium still. It's interesting to think about what would've happened had he not injured his elbow. He can impress his physical therapist with his new PUMA Golf cap and Polo

I would be remiss if I didn't also acknowledge @GB13 and @edingc for their gallant efforts and detailed reviews throughout the process. I hope you guys enjoyed the challenge as much as the fans enjoyed heckling you!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And our last prize of the day....the member of the thread. This one isn't always an easy choice but for CCC4, the decision was clear. We chose someone that participated day in day out, asked tons of questions, spammed the memes, and competed in each weekly challenge. You know him, you love him, (you may be slightly annoyed by him); this year's winner is:

@xOldBenKenobiX

Congrats! Shoot me a PM to claim your grand prize of a Cobra SPEEDZONE Driver and Arccos for the full set.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THE END. HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.

Congrats to @B.Boston, @daviddvm, @Headhammer, @GB13, @edingc and @xOldBenKenobiX !!! 

Thanks to @GolfSpy STUDque and all the @GolfSpy folks! 

Thanks to Cobra / Puma.  

PS the prices of the Speedzones just dropped 🥰

• Like 6

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😢

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:cobra-small:  King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 5-PW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

2019: Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  

2020: Testing SkyCaddie LX5 Watch 🙂

3 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

Congrats to @B.Boston, @daviddvm, @Headhammer, @GB13, @edingc and @xOldBenKenobiX !!! 

Thanks to @GolfSpy STUDque and all the @GolfSpy folks! 

Thanks to Cobra / Puma.  

PS the prices of the Speedzones just dropped 🥰

Thank you.

I am watching those forged tec 1 lengths for price drops. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Thank you.

Need to change your license plate...

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

4 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Need to change your license plate...

Or buy a new car and get cobra plates for that one.

image.png.018002cb5df9814dcd0cab3e7f305a9c.png

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX
  • Like 4

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

On 9/17/2020 at 6:42 AM, JohnSmalls said:

This. #chunksforCCC5 Better yet #C4CCC5. 

@sirchunksalot...please send a copy of your maximus-rotation swing video.  The staff here at TeamFix has already started the draft process for the CCC5.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

12 hours ago, GB13 said:

Just like your fantasy golf performance.

No... much worse 😁.

• Haha 1

How long are we going to be subjected to that ugly page header?🙄  

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

@sirchunksalot...please send a copy of your maximus-rotation swing video.  The staff here at TeamFix has already started the draft process for the CCC5.  

Can I get into that draft class too?

• Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Can I get into that draft class too?

You bet.  We welcome walk-on's and, as you witnessed in this years draft selection, even find spots for skill challenged players.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I don’t see anything ugly... I might put this in my signature just so you don’t forget. 

143F77BE-8144-49E3-9629-C0080B589135.jpeg.fd34d89aa1296dd8e103895a55c569ee.jpeg

#cuetheduckboats

forever your #CCC4 Champion,

Bryan

Cat.gif.7b3d608ca5ba4d97e7b325b294399430.gif

• Haha 7

On 9/16/2020 at 8:55 PM, ncwoz said:

@B.Boston @daviddvm looks like you guys also had huge gains from the ole flat stick too! Any reason you felt you improved your putting so much over the challenge?

If you look back at my putting handicap on Arccos, I was a 1-3 handicap in putting. I was a tester this winter of the Bridgestone Tour B RXS prototype ball. With this ball I found it difficult to putt with the same accuracy and my putting stats reflected my struggles with this ball on the green. I also had benefited in using AlignXL Pro V1x balls for the last year before testing the prototype balls. I received 36 balls to test after being V-fit into the Tour B RXS.

I documented my struggles even though I drew a line on each of the prototypes it just was not the same. So after the testing was finished and I ran out of the prototypes I was putting better so I wanted to try the Bridgestone Tour B RXS with AlignXL and my putting has steadily improve back to 1-3 handicap. I think it took me quite awhile to get used to the feel of a new ball as well as regain some confidence I lost  while struggling and adjusting to the Tour B RXS. It is my gamer now!!!!!!!!!! Whatever ball I play in the future it will have AlignXL.Render.aspx?sku=GolfBallAlignXLPersonalized&clientID=GBC&userText=%5b%7b%22Lines%22%3a%5b%22DK%22%5d%2c%22MaxFontSize%22%3a0%7d%5d&configoverrides=%7b%22LineColor%22%3a%22%23000000%22%2c%22BC%22%3a%22%22%7d&view=Cart

• Like 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Talk about Team Calves. Holy schnikes!

IMG_6766.JPG.2d29dc4593eac16f9458607e047c5460.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I don’t see anything ugly... I might put this in my signature just so you don’t forget. 

143F77BE-8144-49E3-9629-C0080B589135.jpeg.fd34d89aa1296dd8e103895a55c569ee.jpeg

#cuetheduckboats

forever your #CCC4 Champion,

Bryan

As difficult as it is for me to say this, but ... Congrats, Bryan! 🙌🏼 @B.Boston

One of my fav players growing up was Randy Moss ... and then he joined the Patriots. 😩 I cheered for him from an individual stats standpoint, but as a team, I desperately wanted them to go 0-16, rather than 18-1. 😉 

Bryan, you sir, are my Randy Moss ... only you walked the walk and talked the talk. Congrats! 

’Straight cash, homey!’ 

98FBCEFE-F8DD-48CF-8969-4AF6A4D7DA1D.gif

• Like 3

The 🙌🏼

15 hours ago, daviddvm said:

If you look back at my putting handicap on Arccos, I was a 1-3 handicap in putting. I was a tester this winter of the Bridgestone Tour B RXS prototype ball. With this ball I found it difficult to putt with the same accuracy and my putting stats reflected my struggles with this ball on the green. I also had benefited in using AlignXL Pro V1x balls for the last year before testing the prototype balls. I received 36 balls to test after being V-fit into the Tour B RXS.

I documented my struggles even though I drew a line on each of the prototypes it just was not the same. So after the testing was finished and I ran out of the prototypes I was putting better so I wanted to try the Bridgestone Tour B RXS with AlignXL and my putting has steadily improve back to 1-3 handicap. I think it took me quite awhile to get used to the feel of a new ball as well as regain some confidence I lost  while struggling and adjusting to the Tour B RXS. It is my gamer now!!!!!!!!!! Whatever ball I play in the future it will have AlignXL.Render.aspx?sku=GolfBallAlignXLPersonalized&clientID=GBC&userText=%5b%7b%22Lines%22%3a%5b%22DK%22%5d%2c%22MaxFontSize%22%3a0%7d%5d&configoverrides=%7b%22LineColor%22%3a%22%23000000%22%2c%22BC%22%3a%22%22%7d&view=Cart

100% agree! I played Snell MTB Blacks exclusively for about 18 months, and on a whim, I purchased Srixon Z-Stars during a Father’s Day BOGO sale earlier this summer. 

Fantastic golf ball and distance was great with it ... but my short game took a huge hit and my putting was atrocious. Had more 3-putts with the new ball in 1 round than I did in the past several months combined at that point. 

To MGS’s point, play 1 ball and stick with it. 

Crazy that even the prototype was that much different for you in the short game area. 

• Like 4

The 🙌🏼

23 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Thank you.

Team One Length! 🙌🏼  

Never going back to the conventional sets ... this challenge convinced me that it suits my game. And for any fellow MGS forum members that are on the fence, def take the leap and go for it. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

The 🙌🏼

As difficult as it is for me to say this, but ... Congrats, Bryan! [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention]
One of my fav players growing up was Randy Moss ... and then he joined the Patriots. I cheered for him from an individual stats standpoint, but as a team, I desperately wanted them to go 0-16, rather than 18-1.  
Bryan, you sir, are my Randy Moss ... only you walked the walk and talked the talk. Congrats! 
’Straight cash, homey!’ 
98FBCEFE-F8DD-48CF-8969-4AF6A4D7DA1D.gif.060f54c06355edf687800be018458613.gif
IMG_2106.GIF
  • Like 3

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats