Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Our Sponsors

5 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

That will be the main challenge, I know if I was in Cali, Cobra has their tour fitting experience.

https://www.cobragolf.com/tour-fitting-experience

The dealer locator seems to allow to select to have a one length iron set to try, https://www.cobragolf.com/dealer-locator

I need to do more research on exactly what it entails, but it seems that they might have some less than a hour away from me.

I guess you need to come over to Cali then and hit a round with me after you buy them straight from Cobra?

• Like 3

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Woods : TESTING :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Kanibi CBD Products Tester

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks t

Before I get any further into this introduction, I first want to say a big THANK YOU to Cobra/Puma/Arccos and MyGolfSpy. Not only is this one of the biggest and best testing opportunities on the MGS F

I’m Dave Hains, my friends call me “Hammer” and you know me here as HeadHammer or as I have recently been monikered - The Quiet Assassin. I’ve always been a fan of everything COBRA. As a young boy I w

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, golfish! said:

I guess you need to come over to Cali then and hit a round with me after you buy them straight from Cobra?

That is something we can definitely plan on it, we are hoping that if Covid is at bay and my brother is able to bring his kids over during the summer, to take them to Disney, to them it makes not difference, so I rather go to take them to Disneyland, not Disney World. So hell yeah, if I am that way, we most get at least one round together.

• Like 2

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

1 minute ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

That is something we can definitely plan on it, we are hoping that if Covid is at bay and my brother is able to bring his kids over during the summer, to take them to Disney, to them it makes not difference, so I rather go to take them to Disneyland, not Disney World. So hell yeah, if I am that way, we most get at least one round together.

sure just reach out to me via PM and maybe we can even arrange with any other local SoCal MGS forum guys.

• Like 1

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Woods : TESTING :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Kanibi CBD Products Tester

1 minute ago, golfish! said:

sure just reach out to me via PM and maybe we can even arrange with any other local SoCal MGS forum guys.

I will most definitely reach out once we figure out what is happening to that vacation.

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

3 hours ago, daviddvm said:

With our new US Open Champion playing ONE length clubs maybe more stores and fitters will open there eyes to the benefit of one length clubs and start carrying them!

Completely agree and how I’m hoping for the same thing from other OEMs as well. 

I really like Bryson and appreciate what he’s adding to game via ONE length, getting stronger, analytics, personality ... but between the OB/fence situation and the ant pile the following week, he lost me after that. IMO, feels like the most underwhelming US Open Champion in a long time. Even amongst my golf buddies, there hasn’t even been a word or mention in our text threads about his win. 

• Like 3

The 🙌🏼

3 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Completely agree and how I’m hoping for the same thing from other OEMs as well. 

I really like Bryson and appreciate what he’s adding to game via ONE length, getting stronger, analytics, personality ... but between the OB/fence situation and the ant pile the following week, he lost me after that. IMO, feels like the most underwhelming US Open Champion in a long time. Even amongst my golf buddies, there hasn’t even been a word or mention in our text threads about his win. 

I would think that the biggest benefit of the one length mentality is trying to simplify the game of golf, if the equipment can help diminish the learning curve, so new players can have more fun and have more people gravitate towards golf. 

I know cobra had their own challenges to get these clubs developed, but I believe it is worth for other OEMs to get into the one length game. 

• Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Career First Alert!

My daughter, Raegan, recorder gets first ever Hole-in-one today! #futureLPGAstar
IMG_2207.thumb.jpg.a41177b9bda027e970eaaa4114336882.jpg

She looks like a natural

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Look what ups just dropped off. 20200922_144208.jpg.cf14e72112f2f0c59ad9c5c229b9a029.jpg

Again, thank you @GolfSpy STUDqueand the whole MGS team for the awesome prize. 

• Like 9

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

@B.Boston Did you get the Arccos link?

If you have tried, how has it worked so far?

• Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

[mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention] Did you get the Arccos link?
If you have tried, how has it worked so far?

I hadn’t pre-ordered it... I think that was [mention]daviddvm [/mention] that was getting one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

7 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I hadn’t pre-ordered it... I think that was [mention]daviddvm [/mention] that was getting one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@daviddvm So how is the Arccos link? how has it worked so far?

I am thinking about getting one so I don't have to have my phone on my pocket at all times when I am playing.

I also know if I order now, I wont get it until later on the year, but it is all good, because it is 30 off before October 5th.

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

24 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

@daviddvm So how is the Arccos link? how has it worked so far?

I am thinking about getting one so I don't have to have my phone on my pocket at all times when I am playing.

I also know if I order now, I wont get it until later on the year, but it is all good, because it is 30 off before October 5th.

I've played one round with it so far. It missed three shots, two with my sand wedge and one putt. I think I may have been too far from my phone on those shots...I'm not sure. I looked for anything saying how far from phone you can be and still record shot but I cannot find an answer. But I do consult my phone for yardage on shots so I still use my phone quite a bit.

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

57 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

I've played one round with it so far. It missed three shots, two with my sand wedge and one putt. I think I may have been too far from my phone on those shots...I'm not sure. I looked for anything saying how far from phone you can be and still record shot but I cannot find an answer. But I do consult my phone for yardage on shots so I still use my phone quite a bit.

I got to research on that too, I thought that the main feature for the link was that you did not need to have your phone with you after the round has started. 

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

3 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I got to research on that too, I thought that the main feature for the link was that you did not need to have your phone with you after the round has started. 

You may be right. I may have read that using the Apple watch for detection you have to be within 20 feet of the phone.

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 hours ago, daviddvm said:

Thanks Puma and Cobra and MyGolfSpy
#COBRACONNECT4 #TeamCobraONE
#Teamonelength
IMG_2320.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Very nice kicks

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

14 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Love how the thread is still going after the comp like it did last year.  Carry on gents.

Can’t let the fun stop!

I hereby pledge, if chosen for next year’s #CCC5, I will get my fitting done here...

5C9FFBAA-CE56-454A-9080-21DE3314A72C.jpeg.8614eb20b0a947c0835ce82c7b5adaee.jpeg

The tour truck fitting must be experienced!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter