GolfSpy STUDque

Current Standings:

Week3.png

NOTE: If you've fallen behind and want to catch up quickly, check the first post for key links

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

A serious question  or three for the testers (and possibly no gifs), how is the baseline going? Are your current clubs performing better than ever?

Are you having second thoughts about putting the Cobras into play?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Off Topic 1

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:     :odyssey-small: - LH - Stroke Lab Seven
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

46 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

A serious question  or three for the testers (and possibly no gifs), how is the baseline going? Are your current clubs performing better than ever?

Good question.  Short answer, Baseline is going as expected.  Some rusty rounds early and getting better.  Current clubs are performing as expected for the most part.  No second thoughts putting the Cobras into play.  I can't wait to get them in play!

Long answer:

F8C27394-D54B-4CD1-9397-70FBF314012F.jpeg.e0c970f42d3ab5656a70c6e0104280b0.jpeg

My baseline has been going well, but I'm hitting way too few FW and Greens this year.  In 12 rounds I only have 44.8% FW off the tee and fairly equal misses left and right.  Now I don't feel like this has been as bad as the numbers.  I can remember a half dozen or so times I've been within 3 feet of the fairway, and on the side of the fairway I was aiming for.  But it's still not good enough.  I have been happy to see the M5 is about 10 yards longer than my G30 and I've had 3 drives over 300 this year.  Approach is also poor, with only 33.3% GIR.  this is being brought down by 43% short which I partially blame on a few iffy ball striking rounds to start the season, and some bad drives where I needed to punch out or couldn't get all the way to the green.  I'm happy to see less than 10% each left and right.  so once I get the distances dialed I should see more greens.  Chipping and Sand have been fine.  I've had a lot of success this year using more bump and runs, so that will continue with the MIM wedges.  Same goes for Sand shots.  My saving grace has been putting.  Through the baseline I am putting at a +1.3 and have two 2-putts on the year.

All of my clubs have been performing as I expected.  There is a lot of stuff that was new for this year so I don't really have any second thoughts bumping them out of the bag.  I'm glad I'm not changing putters because I've really been loving everything about the ER2B.  No hard facts or data, but it certainly does seem to be giving better distance control.  If there were one club I'm more nervous about/has the biggest shoes to fill its the 5-wood.  I LOVE my G30 5-wood.  I've hit it 14 times with a smart distance of 241.  my best drive with it was 261.  I feel super comfortable with it and the Speedzone is going to need to be special to earn its place in my bag after this competition is up.

• Like 7

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

23 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

No gifs requested by the gif master himself??????????????????????? Doesn't seem right🤔

I've got over a years worth of Arccos tracking that will be a solid foundation to compare the Cobra ONE length SpeedZone clubs effectiveness for game improvement.

I can't wait to get this started!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.png.71629a330cd0d055ce16848450edf15d.png

download.jpg.a3029c6b0b235e948982d6b7c284a1c3.jpg

Nam sayin?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

19 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

If you haven't seen We're the Millers its worth a watch...

P.S. @GB13 was this you're first acting gig!?  Your hair looks shorter now.

Every father of a daughters NIGHTMARE !

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Piggy back question with meme. 
Of the clubs in the bag right now are there any you think will be staying after testing? I know @B.Boston has the 5 wood that’s going to be tough to beat but any others?

image.gif.7310a5afa2fdc61180e15d9de23ff75e.gif

• Like 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Of the clubs in the bag right now are there any you think will be staying after testing? I know @B.Boston has the 5 wood that’s going to be tough to beat but any others?

My TS2 Driver and Fairway fit me well. The SpeedZone Driver and Fairways 3 & 5 will need to be amazing to stay in the bag.

• Like 9

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Yea this will be me with these goons

6CD21B2A-81AA-462F-9755-D99E56F4A6C6.jpeg

I have a 12 year old daughter and yes I have a shotgun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

I have a 12 year old daughter and yes I have a shotgun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can neither confirm nor deny what is or is not locked up 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I'll make sure to post in the Honma thread to, but just thought I'd jump in and say that I just got word that my Honma driver is shipping today!

Cc: @Getoffmylawn @JudgeSmails @DPattGolf 

Saddle Up GIFs | Tenor

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

:honma: Driver: TESTING HONMA TR20 440 8.5° W/ VIZARD FP-7X SHAFT

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

59 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

As I alluded to above, it might be tough to pull the F8 4 hybrid out of my bag permanently.

OOOOORRRRR... does that mean I need a SpeedZone 4 hybrid now? 🤣

My mind is already thinking about what the SpeedZone 4 Iron might be like with a graphite shaft. Driving iron monster!

• Like 8

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.8 (Last Updated July 25, 2020)

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT #TEAMSCALVESLIKEPHIL - Check out all of the action over here!

#CC4 WITB (Cobra x Vessel SpeedZone Stand Bag)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos

20 minutes ago, golfingbrock said:

I'll make sure to post in the Honma thread to, but just thought I'd jump in and say that I just got word that my Honma driver is shipping today!

Cc: @Getoffmylawn @JudgeSmails @DPattGolf 

Saddle Up GIFs | Tenor

Whaaat?  Did you get a text or a phone call?  Now I have to stare at my phone and will the call or message to come in...

Also, props for posting here...Team Honma Test taking over all threads baby!

Excited.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Off Topic 2

Currently testing the Honma TR20 460 driver!

Driver: :callaway-small:Great Big Bertha Epic, 10.5, Project X HZRDOUS 55g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: California Monterey 1.5, Superstroke Flatso 1.0 grip

:SuperSpeed: