Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Our Sponsors

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks t

Before I get any further into this introduction, I first want to say a big THANK YOU to Cobra/Puma/Arccos and MyGolfSpy. Not only is this one of the biggest and best testing opportunities on the MGS F

I’m Dave Hains, my friends call me “Hammer” and you know me here as HeadHammer or as I have recently been monikered - The Quiet Assassin. I’ve always been a fan of everything COBRA. As a young boy I w

Posted Images

Testers! 🗣

Thus far, what is (and it can only be ☝🏼) your favorite club within your bag amongst your Cobra set ... it can even be a specific iron. 

• Like 6

The 🙌🏼

1 minute ago, edingc said:

What you think:

image.png.b18606a9a0833f83df2db4447a0cb3cc.png

In reality so far:

image.png.6d3921b7423dc5f572e7ecade57562fb.png

Jean Claude Van Damme Snake GIF - JeanClaudeVanDamme Snake Punch ...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 7

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

4 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

100!?! Are you out there thinking about air density and barometric pressure like Bryson?

Nah, length and quality of stroke...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

6 minutes ago, edingc said:

58 degree wedge. 

I had been playing a much wider-soled Maltby 60 degree wedge, thinking that the wider sole would be more useful out of rough. Not the case at all. The versatile grind on the wedge is great for hitting little high flops and I've been way more successful out of the sand with it as well. Helps that I also have these wedges 3 degrees flat, so they are better for my swing.

Nice! And yes, 3° up or down can be of significant improvement ... happy to hear that!

My irons are 2° up, but my SM7 54°/58° wedges are standard. And I know the feeling of wedge improvement for my old wedges were 2° up, when they shouldn’t have been. I rarely take full swings with them, and I generally open up the club face as well. 

And if I remember, Cody ... you had an extremely detailed fitting session as well. 

• Like 3

The 🙌🏼

9 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Tour length Speedzone 10.5 Driver. It sounds and feel excellent.

Of course I’ve also hit the most balls with that to this point. 5-wood is close second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Tour length shorter or longer than standard? You may have stated in a previous comment, but likely missed it.  

• Like 2

The 🙌🏼

7 minutes ago, edingc said:

Missed this with everyone beating down @GB13.

Minimum two, hopefully three rounds of 18 throughout the challenge. COVID has actually freed up my schedule a little bit, which is good, but the downside is that my course is also much busier than normal, so I can't just show up and walk on anytime of the day anymore.

I do have some vacation hours to burn, so I'm hoping to supplement a few rounds here or there on days I wouldn't normally play.

Easy to get lost in the dumpster fire that is @GB13 right now image.jpeg.ffd37a0aecccc54832711174c3c6a9b0.jpeg

Plenty of rounds nice. It just came to mind because I had a lull the past 2 weeks due to work and just was curious how you folks would fare. 

I mean a silver lining with this whole COVID I think is just that, people are just getting out and doing things. The States are so "go, go, go" we dont sit and enjoy things. I am glad to see you and several others are able to enjoy the extra golf this year (me being one of them as well)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

7 minutes ago, edingc said:

Missed this with everyone beating down @GB13.

Minimum two, hopefully three rounds of 18 throughout the challenge. COVID has actually freed up my schedule a little bit, which is good, but the downside is that my course is also much busier than normal, so I can't just show up and walk on anytime of the day anymore.

I do have some vacation hours to burn, so I'm hoping to supplement a few rounds here or there on days I wouldn't normally play.

Omg, YES! I’m an early morning 6:30 golfer and even the weekday tee sheets are getting booked up here at that hour. 

If it’s after 7am, and you’re a solo, forget finishing 18 in 2 1/2 hours. Just too many groups to have to try to play through. Additionally, my home course is getting hammered on their gas bill for so many golfers are requesting a single cart. 

• Like 4

The 🙌🏼

Is Tour length shorter or longer than standard? You may have stated in a previous comment, but likely missed it.  

It’s one inch shorter than standard. 44.5 total length. It also usually comes with extra head weight. So mine has a 6 and 18 gram weight. I think Cody ordered his light. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it was still heavier than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

1 hour ago, golfingbrock said:

Jean Claude Van Damme Snake GIF - JeanClaudeVanDamme Snake Punch ...

Growing up surrounded by venomous snakes, this clip makes me laugh and cry at the same time. 

This is not how it works at all 🐍

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

1 hour ago, mikeanthony said:

Omg, YES! I’m an early morning 6:30 golfer and even the weekday tee sheets are getting booked up here at that hour. 

If it’s after 7am, and you’re a solo, forget finishing 18 in 2 1/2 hours. Just too many groups to have to try to play through. Additionally, my home course is getting hammered on their gas bill for so many golfers are requesting a single cart. 

If they would've to give me keys to the course gates I would open up the place for them.

• Like 6

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

7 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Growing up surrounded by venomous snakes, this clip makes me laugh and cry at the same time. 

This is not how it works at all 🐍

Agreed.  But a 2 iron works great!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

Just now, golfingbrock said:

Agreed.  But a 2 iron works great!

We used to keep a 2x4 by the door just for that, there were years were snakes were a big problem, because of people clearing out lots for houses and them running out of their natural habitat and food sources.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

OK competitors, here's a curveball right out of the gate. We all know that not every set is 100% perfect when we first get it, since there's usually a slight adjustment period. So as of right now (and yes it's still early), what about your set didn't jump out right away to you? Or maybe what isn't fitting your eye... yet? Could be looks, could be comfort, could be performance... ? Did you opt for something in your setup that maybe you're slightly second guessing?

Yes it absolutely may be something that changes as you get more comfortable, and we all expect that. But as of right now, what would you point to as something you're not 100% happy about? Don't worry - we won't hold your answers against you 😉 

• Like 6

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb