Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Our Sponsors

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks t

Before I get any further into this introduction, I first want to say a big THANK YOU to Cobra/Puma/Arccos and MyGolfSpy. Not only is this one of the biggest and best testing opportunities on the MGS F

I’m Dave Hains, my friends call me “Hammer” and you know me here as HeadHammer or as I have recently been monikered - The Quiet Assassin. I’ve always been a fan of everything COBRA. As a young boy I w

Posted Images

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

The only people’s day this should be ruining are Dodgers fans when they realize the team is gonna be completely hamstrung in a few years.

Even as a joking trash talk this one is well below what’s expected in this thread. Get with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're just a regular-season team with Kershaw anyways.

@GB13 nice round but like @Reesedw said, it might be too soon, junior

rjDe_3.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 58.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

It's funny how people keep coming after Boston sports teams as if we, as fans, haven't seen 12 championship titles in the past 20 years and a slew of other finals/SB appearances. I literally am out of room in my dresser drawers from all the championship t-shirts my mother-in-law insists on buying me every time a Boston-area team wins. 

I like how Red Sox fans need to always quantify themselves as Boston sports fans so that 27 still doesn’t seem like such a daunting number. 

• Like 4

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

I like how Red Sox fans need to always quantify themselves as Boston sports fans so that 27 still doesn’t seem like such a daunting number. 

I miss the rivalry between the Sox and Yankees. Back when baseball was a big thing.

It never had the same punch after the sox broke through and won one.

• Like 3

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

9 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I miss the rivalry between the Sox and Yankees. Back when baseball was a big thing. emoji45.png

Completely 💯% agree. We’d have viewing parties in college when it came to the Yankees vs Red Sox back in the early 2000s. Good times.

Pedro, Ortiz, Manny, Varitek ... Jeter, Clemens, Jorge, Bernie ... man, those were some classic matchups. 

And to be clear, I don’t so much mind the Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Revolution and whomever else plays in Boston. 

It just that suburban football team that is chock full of d-bags that I cannot stand. 😬 

Edited by mikeanthony
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

The 🙌🏼

10 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

Baseball is struggling. Still love the sport but not the product. Miss the 90s and 2000s games. Always good playoffs. Just too bad it went downhill 

• Like 4

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

19 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I miss the rivalry between the Sox and Yankees. Back when baseball was a big thing. emoji45.png

I was just talking about this to a buddy yesterday. It really hasn’t been the same. I miss those days. 

• Like 1

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

7 hours ago, russtopherb said:

OK competitors, here's a curveball right out of the gate. We all know that not every set is 100% perfect when we first get it, since there's usually a slight adjustment period. So as of right now (and yes it's still early), what about your set didn't jump out right away to you? Or maybe what isn't fitting your eye... yet? Could be looks, could be comfort, could be performance... ? Did you opt for something in your setup that maybe you're slightly second guessing?

Yes it absolutely may be something that changes as you get more comfortable, and we all expect that. But as of right now, what would you point to as something you're not 100% happy about? Don't worry - we won't hold your answers against you 😉 

I am not 100% comfortable with my 3 wood yet, it just seems to want to go left. I know lofting a club up a degree changes the face angle, but I’ve forgotten which way it changes it. 😬  Overall I’m very happy, and just thrilled to have gotten fitted.

6 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Alright Ladies~

What was your old driver, and is the new Cobra longer?

Old driver: Wilson Staff C300 9° Fujikura Speeder Pro 58 Stiff Regular Length

New Driver: Cobra SZ 9° (set at 10°) Tour Length PX HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Stiff

Is it longer... you tell me 😉

9E01968D-FCD9-4A7D-BF66-1171D8CEE930.jpeg

5EFBF1EA-D9DF-4F1A-92AB-F4D5428FDA7D.jpeg

• Like 8

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

1 minute ago, GB13 said:

I am not 100% comfortable with my 3 wood yet, it just seems to want to go left. I know lofting a club up a degree changes the face angle, but I’ve forgotten which way it changes it. 😬  Overall I’m very happy, and just thrilled to have gotten fitted.

Lofting up will close the face down (left)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 58.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

Just now, yungkory said:

Lofting up will close the face down (left)

Thanks man! I’m gonna set the fairway wood, back down to standard next round. Hopefully that’ll help straighten things out.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, GB13 said:

That's quite a jump in distance!  If the other testers see similar results, these could be on backorder for weeks or months. 

• Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

The front office has been burned before on one hit...

the oneders | Tumblr

hence the unconventional approach to our selection process.

I’m the only one who has pulled out the long backswing on the course. You should make @B.Boston and @edingc play an entire round with it before you give them more points than me. Let’s see if they end up anywhere other than the hospital.

3 hours ago, daviddvm said:

Do you play for your High School Golf Team? Or do you ever play competitively? With a game like that what have you won?

I’m hopefully going to play on my college team next year, but since I’m starting college a year early, I’m not eligible to play until next year. I was going to play some competitive events over this summer, but all the COVID stuff blew up that plan.

2 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Yeah but isn't that a Putt putt course?? 🤣

No, the way I putted today, it was only a Putt course.

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

It's funny how people keep coming after Boston sports teams as if we, as fans, haven't seen 12 championship titles in the past 20 years and a slew of other finals/SB appearances. I literally am out of room in my dresser drawers from all the championship t-shirts my mother-in-law insists on buying me every time a Boston-area team wins. 

Well, as they say, cheating may win you titles in the short-term, but it forever tarnishes your reputation.

2 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Seriously @GB13, great round..Just be careful not to Peak to soon.. Unless you think you have a 66-67 in your future, you might have Finished your prom night before it ever started... 

Pfft, You only think I have a 66 in the tank? How insulting!! I fully expect to post a round 65 or better before this challenge is over. And like I said in my intro, I’ll have multiple condors! 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That's quite a jump in distance!  If the other testers see similar results, these could be on backorder for weeks or months. 

Yeah, I think there are a few factor in play here. 

1. The C300 is notorious for being a few MPH slower than other drivers on the market. Not THAT much slower, but in conjunction with everything else, it all adds up.

2. A fitting really, really matters. I can’t stress that enough. Getting fit for the Tour Length was amazing. I’ve never been able to strike the ball consistently with a regular length driver, but absolutely can with the Tour Length. Also, I’m in a slightly stiffer shaft with much lower torque, which is allowing me to swing freely. 

3. My course is getting slightly drier and firming up a touch, which is adding about 5-7 yards of roll. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I’m the only one who has pulled out the long backswing on the course. You should make @B.Boston and @edingc play an entire round with it before you give them more points than me. Let’s see if they end up anywhere other than the hospital.

Excellent point.  The clock is ticking and the staff is getting very close to making a decision...

Oscars 1971 GIF by The Academy Awards - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 5

Pfft, You only think I have a 66 in the tank? How insulting!! I fully expect to post a round 65 or better before this challenge is over. And like I said in my intro, I’ll have multiple condors! 

Guaranteeing not one, but multiple condors...IMG_0878.GIF
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

3 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Yeah, I think there are a few factor in play here. 

1. The C300 is notorious for being a few MPH slower than other drivers on the market. Not THAT much slower, but in conjunction with everything else, it all adds up.

2. A fitting really, really matters. I can’t stress that enough. Getting fit for the Tour Length was amazing. I’ve never been able to strike the ball consistently with a regular length driver, but absolutely can with the Tour Length. Also, I’m in a slightly stiffer shaft with much lower torque, which is allowing me to swing freely. 

3. My course is getting slightly drier and firming up a touch, which is adding about 5-7 yards of roll. 

Interesting. "Tour Length" shaft was never mentioned in my two driver fitting sessions. To the other testers, was that something that came up in your physical or by phone fittings?  Are any of you using a shorter than your gamer shaft length?

• Like 5

Interesting. "Tour Length" shaft was never mentioned in my two driver fitting sessions. To the other testers, was that something that came up in your physical or by phone fittings?  Are any of you using a shorter than your gamer shaft length?

Yeah I’m also using Cobra’s Tour Length. It’s 44.5 vs the standard 45.5 For Cobra (with cobraconnect grips).

A lot of fitters like TXG and True Spec have all their shafts at 45 inches which is typically a littler shorter than most OEM stock lengths.

It looks immediately better to my eye. And as [mention]GB13 [/mention]’s numbers eluded to, it doesn’t have to mean you’re giving up speed or distance.

I believe [mention]edingc [/mention] is also on #teamtourlength but the other two guys are not.

• Like 7

#cuetheduckboats

13 hours ago, B.Boston said:

As long as the durability is there (which @edingc can probably attest to) I don't think there's a better value out there right now.  It has all the major features you'd be looking for at a great price.

I also love that the backpack straps on the Cobra Speedzone stand bag clip off so easily.  Once I got to the course I just took them off and left them in the trunk so it looks really clean on the cart too.

I am 20 rounds in and still loving the cart.  Maybe a ridin' dirty tiktok with the new gear in the pushcart??? That'll be the only free content idea i'll offer 😉

Edited by HeathS16
typo
  • Like 4

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR or a :srixon-small: Z-Star

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Guaranteeing not one, but multiple condors...IMG_0878.GIF

Live look at @B.Boston since he keeps reusing GIFs:

F2CBD6E4-7D3C-401F-8128-32F79C935929.jpeg.b773a246dcd41b79ec081632712af221.jpeg

1 hour ago, HeathS16 said:

All of the intros were fantastic guys! So excited for this competition getting going! 

Dwight meme.jpg

Not extremely excited?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1