#COBRACONNECT Challenge 4

Message added by STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

13 hours ago, GB13 said:

I view them more as D22EA139-9F53-43DB-B59C-E1D1F851C02E.jpeg.bcfd5146a42b468f553b050df00568d7.jpeg

I’ll let you decided which is which.

I have pissed in plenty of bottles on the road soooo.

image.gif.a65d98e93bc19e4ca8b98e6237406b7b.gif

• Haha 6

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

8 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

I am extremely pleased with the SZ ONE irons! I have had no issues with the wider sole compared to my Titleist 816 AP1 irons. But I can tell you they send the ball HIGHER and LONGER!!!!

Not sure if you have gotten on LM or not but curious what spin differences are like. I have debating for about 5 years on whether to try one length or not but with a higher launch they scare me as I launch way high already. 

• Like 5

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

6 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

Handicap drop? I'm starting out at 12-13 HC and I think it is realistic to get to 8-9 in 8 weeks. Two rounds and a practice session so far and I'm really impressed with the SpeedZoneONE clubs.

Who Me Meme GIFs | Tenor

Why am I hearing a different voice in my head as I watch that gif ... because it definitely is not mine. 

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: 300 Mini 11*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

22 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

I am extremely pleased with the SZ ONE irons! I have had no issues with the wider sole compared to my Titleist 816 AP1 irons. But I can tell you they send the ball HIGHER and LONGER!!!!

How are the scoring irons checking up on the greens  ... usually stronger lofts lead to lower spin numbers. 

I’d imagine the parachute like landing, cause they’re so high, likely makes up for the lower spin numbers.  

Edited by mikeanthony
  • Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: 300 Mini 11*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

9 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Dear @THEZIPR23,

Out of respect for @edingc's #teamcalveslikephiljr I wore pants this morning rather than show off the real best calves in this competition.

Thanks to comments like this, tomorrow will be different!

#sunsoutcalvesout

#cuetheduckboats

Sincerely,

Team B.Boston.

CBE832F4-9F9D-4D4D-AAB1-865B346832A8.jpeg.e1d7cf39880806a5c5981bbb205a4b7e.jpeg

Good looking calves, I'll give you that... But your still from Boston.. No offense.. LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On 7/23/2020 at 1:43 PM, Reesedw said:

Alright guys @edingc @B.Boston @GB13 @daviddvm @Headhammer, now that you have the clubs, and are using Arccos, what has stood out most to you? the clubs, the stats, Ease of use??? And what did you think you were better at than the statistics show??? 

I've been using Arccos 2nd Gen sensors for over a year (70 rounds). Now with the 3rd Gen sensors I have misses very few shots that needed editing. The second Gen putter sensor often missed short putts.

The ONE length clubs have been a seamless transition for me, the SpeedZoneONE hybrid and irons are very easy to hit.

• Like 7

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, Motore X F3 6-S set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   Both with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 7/23/2020 at 1:46 PM, Reesedw said:

With the Cobra driver, Mind you I am playing a F8+,  I found that slightly high and towards the toe is where i got the best performance.. i just noticed better flight and more consistant direction (less offline).. Any thoughts??? 

Anything I've hit inside the infinity sign has been a solid drive.

• Like 6

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, Motore X F3 6-S set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   Both with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 7/23/2020 at 4:05 PM, golfingbrock said:

Challengers, which club in your bag would you do this to?

At this point SpeedZoneONE Hybrid

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

Anything I've hit inside the infinity sign has been a solid drive.

Did you go with the standard or tour length driver?

Also, I now see how you're playing this... very clever 😉.

Ali GIF on GIFER - by Kat

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

22 hours ago, Shankster said:

As long as there aren’t any ears bitten off... that would have been a fun match to watch.  Ali vs. Tyson.

That was the last boxing match I ever watched.  The Tyson / Evander Eargate.

The Ali vs. Tyson would be like Seve vs. BAD... you all know where my money would be... 

Would have been entertaining....But Ali would have wiped the floor with Iron Mike. 

Whether you liked him or not Muhammad Ali was Muhammad Ali GIFs | Tenor

11 Goat GIFs That You Goat to See - Señor GIF - Pronounced GIF or JIF?

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Did you go with the standard or tour length driver?

Also, I now see how you're playing this... very clever 😉.

Ali GIF on GIFER - by Kat

Standard, I tried tour length and my numbers were not as good.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mikeanthony said:

How are the scoring irons checking up on the greens  ... usually stronger lofts lead to lower spin numbers. 

I’d imagine the parachute like landing, cause they’re so high, likely makes up for the lower spin numbers.  

You my friend are exactly right!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, B.Boston said:
3 hours ago, edingc said:
That's impressive. Cobra has used DBM in the past (last year's contestants had it on their Cobra KING black wedges), but the problem is that DBM makes the metal so hard that it becomes brittle and impossible to adjust. My Maltby M-Series+ wedges have the DBM finish and it's darn near indestructable.

The MIM Black finish, QPQ, isn't as durable but can be bent! Quite a bit, since my wedges are 3 flat.

But yes, I have two marks on my 58 face already from bunker shots.

Read more  

I will say the MIM sounds great.  They feel awesome too.  Dare I say... on par or better than my SM7s?

Bold statement sir!  Better as in feel and sound?  Or spin?  
Granted it’s hard to compare wedges when your gamers have mileage and the Cobra’s are fresh...

• Like 7

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

2 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Bold statement sir!  Better as in feel and sound?  Or spin?  
Granted it’s hard to compare wedges when your gamers have mileage and the Cobra’s are fresh...

So my SM7s were new this year as well. So I will have some good comparisons side by side. 

The sound and feel is fantastic. Regarding spin these have reacted as I would have expected the Vokey’s to, but conditions have been softer so I’ve seen more spin and check from them so far. 

at some point I’ll go out with both and hit some side by side. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope