GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

2 hours ago, GB13 said:

When plastic surgery goes wrong:  Exhibit A

@gb13_mgs on both Twitter and IG. TBH, there really won’t be anything on there that I don’t post here.

Reporting your SM accounts just for fun. Take that, sucka!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

7 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

The gapping is looking pretty good through the rounds you've played. That's good to see, especially with the long irons. That's where my concern would be, but it looks like cobra did a pretty good job of engineering these clubs to hit the kind of gaps you want to see. Keep it up!

Great round and congratulations on the near ace! I would have loved seeing you get it, especially on camera. It sucks you only got to play 15, it sounds like you were having a good round. That pitching wedge sounded pretty good on that swing. One surprise though, your accents aren't as thick as I would have imagined. 

The thing came in do nicely. We got up there and it was as close as it looked from the tee box. One of those “lean” to get it in shots lol

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

7 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Edit: oh and yes, the “Boston” accent is really more prominent well within the city bounds, or among the north and south shore. Once you get out about 30-45 mim from the city like me it’s toned down a lot. Unless we’ve been drinking a lot.

People outside of MA just hear one "Boston" accent and don't realize how many different ones we have here. There's Boston accents, Worcester accents, New Bedford/Fall River accents, and then there's 413 which is like an entire different state for the most part 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

19 minutes ago, edingc said:

Last round for week one in the books. Another so-so for me round of 82, complete with a shanked 7 iron off No. 2 tee, playing shots from adjacent fairways multiple times, a rousing game of Plinko through the trees on No. 9 and a 235-yard 6 iron from the tee on No. 10 that just wouldn't stop rolling away from the fairway 🤣. I really just managed my misses today, and recovered well. And with the SpeedZone irons, a lot of my misses are way better than I would have with my Maltby PTMs. Case in point, on the 200ish-yard par 3 on the front, I hit a terribly toe-y shot with my 5 iron that I was sure was short of the green and left. It actually went hole high left-middle green after the runout. Unreal.

The star of the show today was the MIM Black 58 degree wedge. I didn't hit a lot of greens, and this club got me out of jail so many times today. We're going through a very dry and hot spell again, and they are watering greens heavily into the late morning so that they don't risk disease keeping them wet all night. With the greens pretty much saturated, I was able to land a lot of shots with the 58 very close and get them to check and stop almost immediately.

Notable 58 degree shots:

• A 45-yard pitch on No. 1 to within 10 feet and converted for birdie. 
  • After a not so good sand shot on No. 2, chipped to within 8 feet and hit the putt to save double bogey (rough hole).
  • After Plinko'ing my way to the front of the green on No. 9, chipped from a few yards off the green to within 4 feet to save bogey.
  • Delicate uphill chip from off the green on No. 10 that stopped within 5-6 feet. Just lipped out the par putt.
  • From really thick, fluffy rough on No. 14, hit a chip shot that admittedly checked up too much and stopped about 10 feet short of pin, just pushed the par putt right.
  • On No. 15, after hitting my drive hole high but off the right side of the green, checked the ball perfectly into the sloped green, stopping the ball a foot from the pin for a tap-in birdie.
  • From the right rough on No. 17, chipped within 4 feet, but unfortunately missed the par putt.
  • From matted down right rough on No. 18, to a pin tucked at the back left of green on a shelf, hit a tight spinner that hit the crest of the hill and one-hopped and stopped to 3 feet. Hit the par putt.

Looking forward to next week's challenge!

20200726.thumb.gif.08831573d058359c2894b36be3ad5549.gif

The real question is on plinko hole.....did you get the 10k?

• Haha 6

Check out my reviews

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

3 minutes ago, edingc said:

plinko.png.ddcbb86600cfa427e0b48bb5633e7551.png

I wish! 5 iron from the tee that hit branches and dropped down, 6 iron that hit some piece of tree square and went 45 degrees backward and left, 9 iron that I tried to squeeze through a small clearing but hit the underside of a big limb and went further left, and finally a gap wedge chip back to the front area of the green that thankfully avoided the handful of trees on the way...

Friggen plinko. I had similar yesterday on 1 hole.....Atleast you advanced lol

• Like 6

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

I originally had my final round of the week scheduled for today, however with 6”+ of rain last night, it looks like that isn’t going to happen. Oh well, I’m looking forward to killing my competitors in next weeks challenge.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

30 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I originally had my final round of the week scheduled for today, however with 6”+ of rain last night, it looks like that isn’t going to happen. Oh well, I’m looking forward to killing my competitors in next weeks challenge.

Damn rain. Was a good first week for all of you. Great content, great golf keep it up

• Like 6

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

22 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Damn rain. Was a good first week for all of you. Great content, great golf keep it up

+1 on that! 👍

• Like 5

The 🙌🏼

3 hours ago, edingc said:

plinko.png.ddcbb86600cfa427e0b48bb5633e7551.png

I wish! 5 iron from the tee that hit branches and dropped down, 6 iron that hit some piece of tree square and went 45 degrees backward and left, 9 iron that I tried to squeeze through a small clearing but hit the underside of a big limb and went further left, and finally a gap wedge chip back to the front area of the green that thankfully avoided the handful of trees on the way...

iu-5.gif.bbbb07e780175cd73c6eaa82744b0f64.gif

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Last round for week one in the books. Another so-so for me round of 82, complete with a shanked 7 iron off No. 2 tee, playing shots from adjacent fairways multiple times, a rousing game of Plinko through the trees on No. 9 and a 235-yard 6 iron from the tee on No. 10 that just wouldn't stop rolling away from the fairway 🤣. I really just managed my misses today, and recovered well. And with the SpeedZone irons, a lot of my misses are way better than I would have with my Maltby PTMs. Case in point, on the 200ish-yard par 3 on the front, I hit a terribly toe-y shot with my 5 iron that I was sure was short of the green and left. It actually went hole high left-middle green after the runout. Unreal.

The star of the show today was the MIM Black 58 degree wedge. I didn't hit a lot of greens, and this club got me out of jail so many times today. We're going through a very dry and hot spell again, and they are watering greens heavily into the late morning so that they don't risk disease keeping them wet all night. With the greens pretty much saturated, I was able to land a lot of shots with the 58 very close and get them to check and stop almost immediately.

Notable 58 degree shots:

• A 45-yard pitch on No. 1 to within 10 feet and converted for birdie. 
  • After a not so good sand shot on No. 2, chipped to within 8 feet and hit the putt to save double bogey (rough hole).
  • After Plinko'ing my way to the front of the green on No. 9, chipped from a few yards off the green to within 4 feet to save bogey.
  • Delicate uphill chip from off the green on No. 10 that stopped within 5-6 feet. Just lipped out the par putt.
  • From really thick, fluffy rough on No. 14, hit a chip shot that admittedly checked up too much and stopped about 10 feet short of pin, just pushed the par putt right.
  • On No. 15, after hitting my drive hole high but off the right side of the green, checked the ball perfectly into the sloped green, stopping the ball a foot from the pin for a tap-in birdie.
  • From the right rough on No. 17, chipped within 4 feet, but unfortunately missed the par putt.
  • From matted down right rough on No. 18, to a pin tucked at the back left of green on a shelf, hit a tight spinner that hit the crest of the hill and one-hopped and stopped to 3 feet. Hit the par putt.

Looking forward to next week's challenge!

20200726.thumb.gif.08831573d058359c2894b36be3ad5549.gif

For a round that involved the variety of challenging tee shots you hit, you did a great job of mitigating damage. The Plinko hole is definitely impressive and to persevere through that shows a strong mental game. I applaud you for that! The short game is looking stellar, with all the chip and downs and the number of one putts you had. 

All of you have done a great job this first week, can't wait to see how next week goes!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

For a round that involved the variety of challenging tee shots you hit, you did a great job of mitigating damage. The Plinko hole is definitely impressive and to persevere through that shows a strong mental game. I applaud you for that! The short game is looking stellar, with all the chip and downs and the number of one putts you had. 

All of you have done a great job this first week, can't wait to see how next week goes!

Thank you! Today was definitely a good short game day. Felt good because that is often one of the weakest parts of my game.

• Like 6

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.0 (Last Updated Sept. 13, 2020)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Edina, you scrambled well......just need to get off the tee a bit better.....lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Last chance to vote folks! 

looks like we had a great turnout for members this year. my daughter approves!

9E1EAF1C-65C5-4BF5-BC23-8C37EEFC47FF.jpeg.84837b331cd939abbf6d4cc84b81d5ee.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

Thank you! Today was definitely a good short game day. Felt good because that is often one of the weakest parts of my game.

Cody, hate to go back so many pages back 😆 ... but please remind me of your shaft specs again. Did you end up getting C-Taper Lites? 

• Like 3

The 🙌🏼

Congratulations Bryan!!!!! Well deserved win in week one.

rhyming leonardo dicaprio GIF

And from GB13

proud of you GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thanks too all those who voted for me! 😎

But now the popularity contest is over.  Time to get some work done now to show you your vote was worth it! 🏌️

• Like 7
  • Love 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats