GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

Just now, mikeanthony said:

NICE! Based on @daviddvm’s posts, the one length 56° SW hasn’t been an issue for him. It’ll take me a while to convert to their OL wedges though ... but we’ll see. 

Currently have SM7 54/58° wedges and love ‘em. 

nice  yeah I think its a different mind set and will get a bit to get used too .. I know for my PW and GP it was weird at first at how long they were but once I got over that I love them. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

I new I shouldnt have read any of this thread. Renewed my desire to game some one-lengths.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore

1 hour ago, mikeanthony said:

Thanks, Cody! 🙏🏼

It only helped that Cobra finally got the Modus 105 stiff shafts in stock ... quickly pulled the trigger. And it’s why I was asking you earlier about your current shafts in the SZ irons ... some of the reviews have said they’re somewhat similar (Taper Lites and Modus) in their makeups. 

Welcome to the club!  They are a ton of fun to play and my scores are dropping plus a lot of birdies.  Full swing wedges are so much more accurate for me.  Club Champion should have my new set ready this week so they will go head-to-head with the off the rack set I'm using now.  I hope the losing set finds a good home to someone that wants to try them.  

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

6 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Excellent work GB13, what do you think is causing the left miss? is it just a swing fault or is something about the clubs?

At this point, I’d say swing fault. I’m definitely coming too far from the inside (my other miss is a big push), and saving the shot by flipping the club the to the left with my hands. I’m pretty sure I just need to keep my upper body and torso rotating a bit more, but I’m struggling with commuting to that.

2 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Alright Cobra! ... FINE, YOU WIN. I’m throwing in the towel. 🙇🏻‍♂️ 

This brilliant challenge is an even more brilliant form of marketing ... and this marketing campaign has been slowly trying to burn a hole in my pocket as the #CCC4 continues on into page 90 of this thread, WITH ANOTHER 7 WEEKS REMAINING! There’s no way in heck I’m going to wait till the end of this competition before I bought a set of your ... 

One Length F9 irons.

I trust the input from all the Spies within MGS ... and more specifically the feedback from @daviddvm and @Wedgie only convinced me further that the OL is where I’m at with my game and I further trust that my game will significantly improve with these irons. 

To the testers, your reviews and input have a huge impact on the rest of your fellow spies. I’m also realizing how much work is going into this for you all ... all while keeping the rest of us highly entertained. 😁 Keep it up! 💪🏼 

1F67076A-119B-49B7-AF80-0D450AEF659F.jpeg

Awesome!!! Definitely keep us updated on how the One Length experiment goes for you! You do know, that we’ll have you ordering the rest of the bag before this challenge is over... 😜

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

10 minutes ago, GB13 said:

At this point, I’d say swing fault. I’m definitely coming too far from the inside (my other miss is a big push), and saving the shot by flipping the club the to the left with my hands. I’m pretty sure I just need to keep my upper body and torso rotating a bit more, but I’m struggling with commuting to that.

That's my miss exactly. It can get pretty frustrating seeing those low spinners hook off into oblivion.

• Like 4

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

10 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Awesome!!! Definitely keep us updated on how the One Length experiment goes for you! You do know, that we’ll have you ordering the rest of the bag before this challenge is over... 😜

What are your hosel settings? Try turning the loft down, it’ll create a fade bias and could help with the left miss. 

• Like 1

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

and still made par! that's pretty impressive

It is said, that the scorecard shows no pictures... unfortunately with Arccos, there are pictures. 😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, GB13 said:

Now, I can tell you that my round today will NOT be the one I submit for this weeks challenge! I’ll spare you the gory details (I was 0fer for greens and fairways through 7 holes...), however, I do have a nominee for best/worst par, and a hole in which I hit two fairways, neither of which were mine. 

2A198ABA-6A91-49BE-876F-3B8C70D48DEB.png

You weren't exaggerating about a left miss.   That's huge.  Any indications pointing to the cause?

You guys are nailing the reviews.  From the videos to the blunt honesty.  Keep up the good work guys.  This is what we are here for and I can't wait to see what these next few weeks deliver.

• Like 2

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

19 minutes ago, GB13 said:

LOL! 😂

Is there a Cobra moderator reading/following this thread? 🤔 I’d be happy to share my address with y’all! 🙌🏼 

And to be clear, this isn’t an ‘experiment’ ... it’s a ‘lifestyle!’ 😎 YOU KNOW! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

The 🙌🏼

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

That's my miss exactly. It can get pretty frustrating seeing those low spinners hook off into oblivion.

Yep, you definitely understand... 

13 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

What are your hosel settings? Try turning the loft down, it’ll create a fade bias and could help with the left miss. 

I had the 3W 1° lofted up, but I put it back at neutral after the 2nd round. I’ll definitely try changing it more, I need something to start clicking.

11 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

You weren't exaggerating about a left miss.   That's huge.  Any indications pointing to the cause?

You guys are nailing the reviews.  From the videos to the blunt honesty.  Keep up the good work guys.  This is what we are here for and I can't wait to see what these next few weeks deliver.

Not really, the club is just too far behind me in the downswing, and I’m lifting up at impact, and I’m hitting these topspin hooks. Maybe I’ll see about a lesson or two with the pro at my club.

Edited by GB13
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I came here today expecting to see a link to the video @Headhammer posted on Twitter of Lexi Thompson wishing him well....

I would love the hear the story on how that came to be, and I challenge the other competitors to out-do that one.

Lexi and I go way back.🤣

• Haha 9

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

14 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

Lexi and I go way back.🤣

Oh hey now, if the wife does not know about it, how can we go about introducing me to Lexi?

😍

• Haha 3

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Driver :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

On 7/27/2020 at 2:04 PM, edingc said:

Admittedly, my last lob wedge was a Maltby M-Series+ with the wide sole that limited my options for using the club. I thought that having a wider sole was beneficial, but the bounce on the Cobra 58 (versatile grind) is very, for lack of a better word, versatile. Not that it's a shot I'd play often, but I had no issue picking the ball off the tightly mown chipping area today with the face wide open. The notch really does seem to allow for the leading edge to stay low while the face is open. I've had some pretty good success from the bunkers with the face open, club cuts through really well without digging or bouncing. The biggest problem I had with the Maltby is that in a bunker it would often bounce really hard off the sand and lead to the leading edge shooting the ball out hard across the green.

I got the Cobra King F8 Lob Wedge 58*......now it's 2 1/2 years later nd the Lob Wedge is still in the bag.....I use it as my sand wedge.

• Like 5

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

10 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Alright Cobra! ... FINE, YOU WIN. I’m throwing in the towel. 🙇🏻‍♂️ 

This brilliant challenge is an even more brilliant form of marketing ... and this marketing campaign has been slowly trying to burn a hole in my pocket as the #CCC4 continues on into page 90 of this thread, WITH ANOTHER 7 WEEKS REMAINING! There’s no way in heck I’m going to wait till the end of this competition before I bought a set of your ... 

One Length F9 irons.

I trust the input from all the Spies within MGS ... and more specifically the feedback from @daviddvm and @Wedgie only convinced me further that the OL is where I’m at with my game and I further trust that my game will significantly improve with these irons. 

To the testers, your reviews and input have a huge impact on the rest of your fellow spies. I’m also realizing how much work is going into this for you all ... all while keeping the rest of us highly entertained. 😁 Keep it up! 💪🏼 

1F67076A-119B-49B7-AF80-0D450AEF659F.jpeg

Welcome to the Cobra family!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

More details to come...

But I had more than one personal best today while playing for this weeks challenge. emoji33.pngemoji33.pngemoji33.png

IMG_0966.jpg

Did it hit the cart path? lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Did it hit the cart path? lol

It’s *slightly* downhill. But my best prior to that on the same hole was about 10 yards shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

7 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

More details to come...

But I had more than one personal best today while playing for this weeks challenge. emoji33.pngemoji33.pngemoji33.png

IMG_0966.jpg

That's just BEAUTIFUL 😍, but did it hit the fairway?

• Like 4

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3