TESTERS WANTED! ×

I just can't figure it out. I'm in a pattern of yoyo golf (Up and down like a yoyo). So I know I probably shouldn't complain about my scores,  but what the heck. So these are my last 8 rounds from oldest to today. 70,  73,  69,  75,  70,  74,  68,  75. You can see the high low pattern. ( Same course, same tees, same time of day) 

Anyone else get into a high low pattern and what have you done to get more consistancy?

At least I can look forward to next week 😂

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

% FW, GIR and # of putts for each round might hold your answer, but that looks like pretty normal variation to me. I don't know anyone who shoots a lot tighter range than that, but I play with many single digit HI's. You'll have to extrapolate from the broad stats below (more useful to others), but based on your range of scores you should normally average  81% of fairways, 12 GIR and 29-31 putts.

Average Fairways Hit Per Round

• Score in the 70’s = 61% to 81%
  • Score in the 80’s = 36% to 56%
  • Score 90 and Above = 5% to 31%

Average Greens Hit Per Round

• Score in the 70’s = 8 to 12 Greens
  • Score in the 80’s = 3 to 7 Greens
  • Score 90 and Above = 0 to 2 Greens

Average Putts Per Round

• Score in the 70’s = 29 to 31
  • Score in the 80’s = 32 to35
  • Score 90 and Above = 36+

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I guess to put it simply, you/we are not robots.  You see variance on the tour within the 4 days they play.  At your point in the game I can see little things like better bounces or kicks that put you in a more favorable position ever so closer to the hole, giving you much better opportunities for birdies or eagles.  It could be the difference of front edge, middle, or tucked away pin locations making it more or less difficult.  It is probably the mental aspect (strategy, management, control of emotions ect) that can also create variance. 

Lol my variance is +/- 10 (low 80s to low 90s)  and I as of now, I havent done anything to change it.  Going to get some lessons soon though.

Yep. 78-85. And I can’t shoot in the 70s two days in-a-row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

25 minutes ago, Middler said:

% FW, GIR and # of putts for each round might hold your answer, but that looks like pretty normal variation to me. I don't know anyone who shoots a lot tighter range than that, but I don't know may single digit HI's. You'll have to interpolate from the broad stats below.

Never saw those stats before! Interesting. I'll have to look at this closer and compare FIR, GIR, and putts. I know my GIR is a weakness but my chipping and putting are a strength which keeps my score down. All 4 of our par threes are 164 to 175 yards which is my hit or miss area. Typically I can get up and down for par on those but only one today. Those are three strokes right there.

5 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I just can't figure it out. I'm in a pattern of yoyo golf (Up and down like a yoyo). So I know I probably shouldn't complain about my scores,  but what the heck. So these are my last 8 rounds from oldest to today. 70,  73,  69,  75,  70,  74,  68,  75. You can see the high low pattern. ( Same course, same tees, same time of day) 

Anyone else get into a high low pattern and what have you done to get more consistancy?

Penalties in the higher rounds?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Penalties in the higher rounds?

No penalties.

Those seem to be pretty consistent scores. EVERYONE has score variations; you are over analyzing.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

22 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Story of my life, except its high 80's/Low 90's to high 90's and low 100's with the occasional 84

:titelist-small: - Driver - TSi2 10 deg, -1 Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60 (6.0)
:titelist-small:  - Fairway Wood - TSi2 3 Wood 15 deg, -½ Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 19 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 23 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Irons T200 (6 - W 48) True Temper AMT Black (S300)
:titelist-small: - Wedge - SM7 52.12 F Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 56.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 60.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:scotty-small: - 2020 Newport Select, Pistolini Grip, 35"
:titelist-small: - ProV1 

23 minutes ago, stj51 said:

Story of my life, except its high 80's/Low 90's to high 90's and low 100's with the occasional 84

Same here. I';d love to have the problem of 'yoyo' golf between 68 and 75. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Have this same issue, sometimes its just luck. I've had rounds where I've mishit a ball and it hit a tree and bounced perfect on the green, I've had rounds pure feeling shot takes an odd bounce when it lands and it puts me in a bad spot. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

The yo-yo of my game hurts my confidence more then any bad shots that happens during a round. Perfect example I shot a 84 on Saturday on par 72 (6700 yards from blues) was super pumped with my game hit some bad shots but over all was a great round. Played the following day and shot 99 on a par 67 (5100 yard from the tips). 

:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero, 10.5° - ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60X
:cobra-small: F7 3 Wood

:titelist-small:  - 818 H1 21° - Tensei 70hy S
:nike-small: - Vapor Fly Pro 4-GW - True Temper XP 95 S300
:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 54° and 60°
:odyssey-small: Versa H7, 34"
:bridgestone-small: BXS

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

• Guests
Guest Delete
On 6/7/2020 at 9:57 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

That is not a high low pattern at all. It's just golf. Sometimes the putts fall and sometimes they don't. 

Your scores are in the top 5% of golfers - All of them!

My motto, "if you are not getting 5 birdies a round then play closer tees." That should build some confidence too. 

Keep doing what your doing. I am jealous of those scores. 

Edited by Delete
Spelling