TESTERS WANTED! ×

Television Golf Let Down!

With all the golf movies and golf instruction out there, why does the golf channel and local TV show all the old matches without some variation? I know we should start back with tour event coverage soon but the constant replays of old events is driving me crazy. I already know who won!    Let me enjoy a golf movie, golf travel destinations, or maybe some instructional shows maybe find a drill to work on. Heck, I almost got excited with the Big Break thinking a new season was going to start up. Nope just more re-runs. Maybe it was my timing but seemed like every time I surfed the channel it was old matches.

PS: was a big fan of the Big Break, I'm sure Tony Finau and Tommy Two Gloves appreciated it too!  What happed to the show?  Still could have done one with social distancing.

Chime in what's your thoughts.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

14 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

why does the golf channel and local TV show all the old matches

I'm just the opposite. I've really been enjoying watching some of the old matches. Some for the first time and others are reruns for me too. Just yesterday I watched most of the 2007 Women's US Open held at Pine Needles in NC. Cristie Kerr won by two strokes. I had not seen that match before. But I have played Pine Needles a couple times so it was of special interest to me. Seems to me the older the tournaments are the more interest I've had.

As for instruction... Meh. Never been much of a fan or TV instruction really. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Without live or new content probably less people watching which would result in lower ad revenue.  If I had to guess the networks are filling time with the cheapest shows they can get away with and still make a profit.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3