Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Are you a non-dominate hand golfer?

StrokerAce

I know that Phil the Thrill (aka FIGJAM) is naturally right handed but plays left handed. 

I just recently learned that Henrik Stenson is the opposite - he's left handed but plays right handed.

https://youtu.be/dtEJ0r_AidI?t=730

Do you know anyone else?

In surfing they call it goofy foot (skateboarding too I think) ... maybe in golf we should start calling it goofy hand? 🤣

Are you a golfer who plays with your non-dominant hand? 
If so - I'm curious as to why? 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I am. I'm right handed but do all swinging sports left (golf, hockey, lacrosse, baseball, tennis and sweeping in curling) 

In part for me it was we always played hockey left so it was natural to move to a left golf swing, but I'm also right eye dominant and that plays a part for me. It's weird having your dominate eye behind and throws my visual off. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I am. I'm right handed but do all swinging sports left (golf, hockey, lacrosse, baseball, tennis and sweeping in curling) 
In part for me it was we always played hockey left so it was natural to move to a left golf swing, but I'm also right eye dominant and that plays a part for me. It's weird having your dominate eye behind and throws my visual off. 

I am left handed for writing and throwing but all swinging sports I play righty.

Interestingly I am also right eye dominant, and it can throw my visuals off sometimes, especially if I try to take a longer backswing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Kirke writes and eats left-handed, is more comfortable going left in soccer, but throws and plays golf right-handed. He's a natural righty swinging a baseball bat, but I've made him at least try switch-hitting. (I think it's hilarious that he considers himself right-handed; clearly his sports skills matter to him more than eating and writing.)

There's a great article from some years back on ESPN on ambidexterity in baseball. Makes the case that often, ambidexterity is more common in better athletes because it corresponds with greater overall coordination, which makes sense. For the guys who do go back and forth in handedness between activities, is this your experience?

Also, add this guy to your list:

i.jpg

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Kirke writes and eats left-handed, is more comfortable going left in soccer, but throws and plays golf right-handed. He's a natural righty swinging a baseball bat, but I've made him at least try switch-hitting. (I think it's hilarious that he considers himself right-handed; clearly his sports skills matter to him more than eating and writing.)
There's a great article from some years back on ESPN on ambidexterity in baseball. Makes the case that often, ambidexterity is more common in better athletes because it corresponds with greater overall coordination, which makes sense. For the guys who do go back and forth in handedness between activities, is this your experience?
i.jpg.d3ab8396ac576fb3f6adfb992f0dbf77.jpg

I knew I liked that kid.

That’s interesting that he throws righty and writes with his left though. I think that’s more uncommon than the write throw left then swing stuff righty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

To be fair: his lefty golf swing ain't too shabby either, even with a really short club 🙂

Full WITB with pictures

To be fair: his lefty golf swing ain't too shabby either, even with a really short club

Looks like his extra club would be a lefty then one too. But it doesn’t look like he will be finding himself behind many trees

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

To be fair: his lefty golf swing ain't too shabby either, even with a really short club 🙂

Swing A  but B is not too shabby!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

I’m left handed but play right handed. I do everything lefty, but hit a baseball and golf ball right handed. 

I first started playing baseball and was only taught to hit the ball from the right side of the plate. I guess it came natural when I was first learning to hit a baseball. Could it be something to do with when you’re young with the stronger hand/arm being on the bottom  and helping get the bat through? I’m not sure. I wish I learned to hit from both sides of the plate though.

Edited by Mtbryant01

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I do exactly what Kirke does. I write and eat lefty, but throw and swing right handed. For me, it boils down to fine motor skills with the left hand, and large motor skills with the right. I can barely hit the golf ball lefty. 

I have been working on throwing a football left handed, and it’s still not as good as my right arm, but it’s getting pretty darn close. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

It's time to roll out the "Ambiguous Handedness" badge for the forum 🙂

Full WITB with pictures

I can also say I kick equally poorly with both my left and right foot playing soccer.

I'm left handed in writing, using a phone, using a coffee cup and using a spoon. Everything else, including using eating irons I do right handed. My right arm is my strongest of the two, so I guess that's where it comes from. My Dad was right handed in everything except swinging sports, golf, tennis and cricket he played left handed.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I write right handed and throw a baseball right handed

Baseball and hockey I swing and shoot lefty

I skateboarded goofy

I golf righty

Figure that one out.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, MattF said:

I'm left handed in writing, using a phone, using a coffee cup and using a spoon. Everything else, including using eating irons I do right handed. My right arm is my strongest of the two, so I guess that's where it comes from. My Dad was right handed in everything except swinging sports, golf, tennis and cricket he played left handed.

Wait a minute: you use spoons with your left hand but forks with your right? That might be the oddest thing I've read on this forum, and there have been odd things on this forum.

Full WITB with pictures

My Dad is left handed and does everything left handed except swing irons and driver. He swings right handed.  He putts left handed.  People bring it up when we get paired up with strangers all the time. 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Wait a minute: you use spoons with your left hand but forks with your right? That might be the oddest thing I've read on this forum, and there have been odd things on this forum.

No. Forks in my left like a right handed person. It's odd because most left handers would use the spoon with their right hand.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

No. Forks in my left like a right handed person. It's odd because most left handers would use the spoon with their right hand.

Oh heck no. I’m a lefty and it’s fork and spoon in the left knife in the right.

Unless I’m holding a kid. I had to train myself to use a fork with my right hand. Felt very weird.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

i.jpg

So THAT's where Spieth got the chicken wing.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

It's time to roll out the "Ambiguous Handedness" badge for the forum 🙂

BAM!

ambidextrous.gif

Full WITB with pictures

I'm right handed in everything except hockey, I play lefty there.  

I did try putting left handed a couple years back and it was a disaster, on the plus side it made my normal semi-disaster right handed putting seem not as bad.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I am ambidextrous and learned to play golf left handed and then switched to right handed when I was about 10. Played baseball all my life and was a switch hitter until college and then hit left handed. I throw a baseball right handed and a football left handed and have no idea why. My wife says I have a few crossed wires or something.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

20 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

I am ambidextrous and learned to play golf left handed and then switched to right handed when I was about 10. Played baseball all my life and was a switch hitter until college and then hit left handed. I throw a baseball right handed and a football left handed and have no idea why. My wife says I have a few crossed wires or something.

imagine if you had a collection of left handed putters along with your right handed ones... 
(sorry, couldn't help myself...)

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

imagine if you had a collection of left handed putters along with your right handed ones... 

(sorry, couldn't help myself...)

I have thought about some lefty putters but SWMBO May draw the line at that point.

WITB 2024

5 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

I have thought about some lefty putters but SWMBO May draw the line at that point.

Are you suggesting you would have received a back-handed putter if more showed up? 😂

Are you suggesting you would have received a back-handed putter if more showed up? 

Not more, just if I started buying left handed putters. She has seen my putt left handed and it is not pretty. There are always boxes showing up that may or may not have putters in them.

WITB 2024

7 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I know that Phil the Thrill (aka FIGJAM) is naturally right handed but plays left handed. 

I just recently learned that Henrik Stenson is the opposite - he's left handed but plays right handed.

https://youtu.be/dtEJ0r_AidI?t=730

Do you know anyone else?

In surfing they call it goofy foot (skateboarding too I think) ... maybe in golf we should start calling it goofy hand? 🤣

Are you a golfer who plays with your non-dominant hand? 
If so - I'm curious as to why? 

One of my brothers is right handed and plays left handed.

I am totally right handed except for golf. I learnt how to play using my Dad's old clubs, he was totally left handed. 

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I am not, but my 11 year old is, he is left handed, but swings right handed. I think is due to the fact that I am right handed, I think I am going to pick up a left handed wedge and have him hit is to see if he feels more comfortable that way.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm right handed/footed in most things - writing, throwing, kicking, but with baseball being primary sport growing up, my dad made me left handed for hitting.  

I was a switch hitter from the time I was 11 on and have had to golf in some outings right handed as it's the only rental sets they have.  Usually I can shoot low to mid 90's playing right handed if I can putt decently.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"