TESTERS WANTED! ×

Callaway golf

fossil

I had the misfortune of purchasing Callaway golf balls on March 18th utilizing gift cards.

As of this date I have not received my order. After numerous inquiries with Callaway and numerous dates of delivery that never occurred, I was just informed by Callaway that they have NO IDEA AS TO WHEN MY ORDER WILL BE SHIPPED, AT BEST SOMETIME IN JULY. I believe Callaway is going out of business and their intention is to milk everyone for as much as they can.

Fossil

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

MyGolfSpy has its documented questions with Callaway's golf balls (hopefully rectified by now), but backorders in shipping are widespread in the entire golf industry for the last couple of months for obvious worldwide logistical reasons. Certainly, a shipping delay from March to July is excessive, and I can't speak to those details. But the guys at HQ do some of the best reporting on the state of the golf industry (including their summary of last year's financial report from Callaway, that they netted almost $80 million), and if the demise of the one of the largest OEM's in golf were imminent, I would expect that word would be leaking out by now.

Definitely sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced, and I can sympathize with that frustration. But I'm less inclined to accept the speculation about the future of Callaway without a lot more corroborating evidence.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

edit:  My message was being typed at the same time as the above from Golfspy_MPR, thus the similar information.  Pardon any duplication.

Callaway had some delays in bringing the latest version of Chrome Soft X to retail. On top of that there was this little thing called the Corona Virus that caused just about every golf company in the US to shutdown for almost two months.   

The original delay has been mentioned before, it's no secret.

However, we don't make a practice of telling our members what to buy or not to buy,  that decision is solely up to them.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I have some of the new Chrome Soft X ball. I find it good. I am not sure I like it better than anything else. Right now that seems to be going to the new Bstone ball. But it is good. I have zero issues with it and could happily play it. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

To think a billion dollars company that like every other company had its facilities shutdown for months is going out of business because it take awhile to make product ordered when nobody was at work and they need to play catch up so definitely a hot take.

Guess titleist is close to shutting the doors to because they will take 12 weeks to start shipping prov1s

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I bet Dick’s or any other golf store has plenty of stock. I know the one near me does.

Driver Mavrik Subzero set to 9.5. 
Rougue 4 wood 16.5

Titleist 818 hybrid 21

Callaway Apex pro black dot 4 through P

Callaway Jaws 50/10,, MD 4 56/10, and Titlest SM 6 60/12

SC Futura 5.5

My comment about Callaway was more of an advisory to anyone who is going to purchase Callaway golf balls. They will take your order and money, give you a delivery date and not deliver. They have given me 4 delivery dates and no balls. The last email stated that they have NO IDEA when they can complete the order. I GUESS A 80 MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY CAN NEGLECT THE INDIVIDUAL.
The only reason I have this information is because I contacted Callaway. Callaway has not been forthcoming with any information about my order.

9 minutes ago, fossil said:

My comment about Callaway was more of an advisory to anyone who is going to purchase Callaway golf balls. They will take your order and money, give you a delivery date and not deliver. They have given me 4 delivery dates and no balls. The last email stated that they have NO IDEA when they can complete the order. I GUESS A 80 MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY CAN NEGLECT THE INDIVIDUAL.
The only reason I have this information is because I contacted Callaway. Callaway has not been forthcoming with any information about my order.

Considering they have been closed for 3 months and unable to produce balls and are pro only playing catch up on orders and responding to inquiries there may sometimes be miscommunication of dates and then adjustments based on inventory and production.

Your comment wasn’t and advisory it was a claim they were going out of business. An advisory would have been that Callaway is slow in response to inquiries and there is a delay in production and shipping of orders...which btw anyone paying attention to current events would have expected and as well as reading that companies across the golf spectrum have undetermined delays 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I can only assume that you are a shill for Callaway.
First, they were closed for 2 months, initial opening date of May 4th was changed to May 18th.
Yes, my information was an advisory. DON'T DISTORT WHAT I SAY TO TAKE CARE OF CALLAWAY. YOU CAN NOT ALTER WHAT MY INTENT WAS. It is obvious that you have an interest in Callaway and will alter and distort any negative information. Explan to me why this billion dollar company lacks the common sense to advise individuals who have outstanding orders that there will be a delay and that they will advise as things progress.
ALL MY INFO WAS AS A RESULT OF MY INQUIRY.

27 minutes ago, fossil said:

First, they were closed for 2 months, initial opening date of May 4th was changed to May 18th.
Yes, my information was an advisory. DON'T DISTORT WHAT I SAY TO TAKE CARE OF CALLAWAY. YOU CAN NOT ALTER WHAT MY INTENT WAS. It is obvious that you have an interest in Callaway and will alter and distort any negative information. Explan to me why this billion dollar company lacks the common sense to advise individuals who have outstanding orders that there will be a delay and that they will advise as things progress.

Easy Fossil,  your assumptions are far off base, just like your first post.

First off I can 100% assure you that RickyBobby is about as far from a Callaway Shill as one could possibly be, I have read enough of his posts over the years to know that he doesn't have anything personal against the company, he has just found their products don't work for him.  He was speaking directly to your claim they were going out of business as being a bit far fetched.   

sorry you have had trouble with your order.  I can tell you having spoken to people inside the HQ at just about every OEM over the past month, most are far from operating at full capacity, they are taking the opening steps very carefully and making sure employees have a safe environment above and beyond anything else. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

38 minutes ago, fossil said:

Would you post the emails from you and Callaway? I've had nothing but great correspondence with them. I had a shaft snap early this season. Send in photos and they send me a new one and a box for the old one. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

1 hour ago, fossil said:

Far from a Callaway shill. You can read my post history and see that I’ve said their equipment is good but not for me. I haven’t had a piece of Callaway gear in my bag since the XR16. 

I’ve already told you why a billion dollar company may be having issues with communicating with customers as well as delivering. Their entire work force was furloughed during the shut down. That means nobody was making the materials for each aspect of the ball, everyone company has had supply chain issues gettin components in. So it’s going to take some time to get people back to work, cores and covers made as well as assembly and inspection, not to mention processing orders and the shipping to customers and accounts.

They had very few people responding to any correspondence. I can only imagine the number of emails they have in their inbox from customers and that like you many probably emailed multiple times for updates. 

As for delays as mentioned earlier they have to get everything spun up again and if there’s any issues it slows production and obviously down thru shipping. They have also had issues with the production of the CSX in large quantities and due to shut down they couldn’t work on those issues. They were supposed to release last month but that wasn’t possible. 

Lastly with the professional tours starting they need to get product into their staffs hands which is going to take precedence over retail.

On 6/9/2020 at 2:56 PM, fossil said:

I believe Callaway is going out of business and their intention is to milk everyone for as much as they can.

Im not questioning your intent. Your first post clearly states it. This isn’t advising anyone of issues it’s telling people a large golf company is shutting down and ripping their customer off. 

your follow up answer was more of a warning but still didn’t account for the fact they haven’t been open for that long and have lots of catching up to do and while unfortunate that it’s taking awhile to get you an answer it’s not uncommon for a business during the current events to be lagging in correspondence  

Callaway, like many other companies during this pandemic, have been shutdown. They've also been doing layoffs to keep the company going. They're not shutting down. Pretty much the biggest golf OEM in the industry right now.

Lots of shipments from all kinds of companies have been delayed indefinitely. You'll receive your order, but expecting them to keep you updated every step of the way when they don't have concrete information doesn't make much sense. Plus they probably have thousands of orders to go through as they begin reopening. A little patience goes a long way during this situation. If you're low on balls, there are other spots to purchase balls too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

The standard Chrome Soft is readily available at stores.. You could always go pick some up in person. I know at the store I go to they have a giant stack of them. 

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

1 hour ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Callaway, like many other companies during this pandemic, have been shutdown. They've also been doing layoffs to keep the company going. They're not shutting down. Pretty much the biggest golf OEM in the industry right now.

Lots of shipments from all kinds of companies have been delayed indefinitely. You'll receive your order, but expecting them to keep you updated every step of the way when they don't have concrete information doesn't make much sense. Plus they probably have thousands of orders to go through as they begin reopening. A little patience goes a long way during this situation. If you're low on balls, there are other spots to purchase balls too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Plus a company going out of business isn’t going to be selling product at full retail as they are trying to get rid of assets and liabilities as soon as possible 

The time to worry about Callaway was when they ran negative operating/net incomes for 5 straight years in 2009-2013. Now I doubt Callaway is doing fine considering the current circumstances, but I can’t imagine it is as bad as it was a decade ago.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/ELY/callaway-golf/operating-income

This is an unprecedented time in history and the recent circumstances have been harder on some than others. Everyone please keep that in mind by having empathy and increased patience for companies big or small and the employees servicing customers with little guidance or answers as it may be a while before we return to some semblance of normal (and consider yourself fortunate if your biggest concern is a delayed golf ball order).

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W

• 1 month later...

I wrote on June 11th commenting on Callaway and the fact that they had failed to fill my order, but did charge my account.
At that time, several people took up Callaway's position that they were rebounding from the cornavirus and give them time.
Remember my order was placed on March 18th.
As of today Callaway is offering their golf balls on line and in their Newsletter.
MY ORDER STILL HAS NOT BEEN PROCESSED. STILL SHOWS PENDING AND THAT THERE IS A ONE TO TWO WEEK BACK ORDER.
COMMENTS

I wrote on June 11th commenting on Callaway and the fact that they had failed to fill my order, but did charge my account.
At that time, several people took up Callaway's position that they were rebounding from the cornavirus and give them time.
As of today Callaway is offering their golf balls on line and in their Newsletter.
MY ORDER STILL HAS NOT BEEN PROCESSED. STILL SHOWS PENDING AND THAT THERE IS A ONE TO TWO WEEK BACK ORDER.
COMMENTS

You experience sounds unacceptable. Have you called them in the last couple and gotten an update. What did they say? Online status is meaningless.

Ultimately it doesn’t matter what anyone here thinks. If you don’t feel like you are getting appropriate service cancel your order and move on.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

28 minutes ago, fossil said:

COMMENTS

Most companies while back and working aren’t fully staffed. Titleist has their balls listed for sale too but they were running a 3 month delay for orders and iirc anything custom was slightly longer. 

Ping I saw was saying orders placed in May are scheduled to be delivered this month and saw someone who placed an order the other day that his ship date is early August.

Taylormade is selling clubs and I was looking at a set the other day that has a ship date of Sep 3.

I would call Callaway customer service and see what status they have. 

4 hours ago, fossil said:

COMMENTS

So call them and find out what's going on. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Most companies while back and working aren’t fully staffed. Titleist has their balls listed for sale too but they were running a 3 month delay for orders and iirc anything custom was slightly longer. 

Ping I saw was saying orders placed in May are scheduled to be delivered this month and saw someone who placed an order the other day that his ship date is early August.
Taylormade is selling clubs and I was looking at a set the other day that has a ship date of Sep 3.
I would call Callaway customer service and see what status they have. 

Fossil, I would definitely call and get an answer from a CS rep. I’ve had a couple of issues w Callaway and found their CS to be really good. Of course that was B4 C19.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 1 month later...

Update:
March 18th ball order still not delivered.
Emails sent inquiring about status, no response. Phone calls made to customer service after one hour no response and hangup.
The only phone answered at Callaway is for NEW PURCHASES. Just checked online the
status of my order to find that is was canceled.
No mention of a refund. This order was paid for utilizing gift cards.

Update:
March 18th ball order still not delivered.
Emails sent inquiring about status, no response. Phone calls made to customer service after one hour no response and hangup.
The only phone answered at Callaway is for NEW PURCHASES. Just checked online the
status of my order to find that is was canceled.
No mention of a refund. This order was paid for utilizing gift cards.

We understand your frustration and that you have not been treated well. The lack of response is different than most have experienced. You need to stay on the line and speak to a person. Call the new order line and talk to them. Did they put the money back on you gift cards.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 6/9/2020 at 4:15 PM, Quigleyd said:

I have some of the new Chrome Soft X ball. I find it good. I am not sure I like it better than anything else. Right now that seems to be going to the new Bstone ball. But it is good. I have zero issues with it and could happily play it. 

Cut one to see if the quality control issues have been addressed.  haha

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

1 hour ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Cut one to see if the quality control issues have been addressed.  haha

Sure. 

5 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

Sure. 

hahaha the sacrificial lamb.  I hope they fixed it!!!!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"