Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Used to be 600lbs lost over 200lbs and fell in love with golf

TheBogeySmalls

Congrats that is a huge life change. Well done!

Now the taking up golf part..eh. 🤣

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

18 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Congrats that is a huge life change. Well done!

Now the taking up golf part..eh. 🤣

Thank you!! Trying to at least. I'm having fun with it!!

After losing more than 235lbs with RNY weight loss surgery and building a passion for the game of golf I decided to create a youtube channel to share my journey. I'll be bringing golf course vlogs, golf product reviews, golf simulator sessions from my home garage setup, and a whole lot more!

The Bogey Smalls YouTube Channel

3 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Great job on the weight loss. The golf swing looks good. The greens looked to be a bit slow that day though. I guess that early spring in Michigan. 

Thank you very much!! Yeah really depends on the course here too. Between being dry and hot to cold & wet. That still a part of my game that I'm trying to get is reading greens correctly. 

After losing more than 235lbs with RNY weight loss surgery and building a passion for the game of golf I decided to create a youtube channel to share my journey. I'll be bringing golf course vlogs, golf product reviews, golf simulator sessions from my home garage setup, and a whole lot more!

8 minutes ago, TheBogeySmalls said:

Thank you very much!! Yeah really depends on the course here too. Between being dry and hot to cold & wet. That still a part of my game that I'm trying to get is reading greens correctly. 

I grew up in Benton Harbor area so I know exactly what you mean on the course conditions. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

2 hours ago, TheBogeySmalls said:

That still a part of my game that I'm trying to get is reading greens correctly. 

First .. big CONGRATS!! on setting your mind to make positive changes 👍

Next.. we are all .. ALWAYS .. trying to learn to read greens better! Along with every other party of the game.

See: that's one of the big draws in golf - at any, and every, level of player you're constantly seeking "better" (whatever the f*** that is 🤪). 

Good luck on your journey and looking forward to more posts about it.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

First .. big CONGRATS!! on setting your mind to make positive changes
Next.. we are all .. ALWAYS .. trying to learn to read greens better! Along with every other party of the game.
See: that's one of the big draws in golf - at any, and every, level of player you're constantly seeking "better" (whatever the f*** that is ). 
Good luck on your journey and looking forward to more posts about it.

I really appreciate the kind words man. Thank you so much for the support!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Great to hear about both of your journeys. One is hard enough, but you took on two of the hardest ones out there at the same time. I wish you all the best. Be well, be safe, and enjoy.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Great to hear about both of your journeys. One is hard enough, but you took on two of the hardest ones out there at the same time. I wish you all the best. Be well, be safe, and enjoy.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the kind words!!!

Great job getting your life back together.  Lots of stories about people and how golf has had a positive impact on their life.  Thanks for sharing.

Your game looks pretty good for someone only playing for less than 2 seasons.  Keep it up!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 6/9/2020 at 4:50 PM, TheBogeySmalls said:

Hello everyone, 

I used to be 600lbs and either on my way to not being here or would prob have been disabled. I had to make a drastic change and would have WLS to drop over 235lbs so far. During that time I would fall in love with the game of fold. So much so that I decided to use golf as motivator to keep going. I wanted to document my journey so I created a youtube channel to record my rounds and course vlogs. I'm always open to honest criticism and tips that anyone sees from the game where it can help me out. I've only been playing for not even 2 full seasons. Just looking to connect and make new friends even if from afar within the golf community. 

Incredible weight loss. If you can do that you can do anything. Complete life change right there congratulations 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Great work!  That's an incredible story.  I look forward to seeing more of your videos.  Keep it up!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Congratulations on making such great progress!  I'll bet your YT/Blog story (nice job on production btw) will inspire others with weight challenges to make similar changes.  Keep at it!!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Awesome story and congrats!  That's a major life change and no small feat!  Well done!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 6/9/2020 at 4:50 PM, TheBogeySmalls said:

Hello everyone, 

I used to be 600lbs and either on my way to not being here or would prob have been disabled. I had to make a drastic change and would have WLS to drop over 235lbs so far. During that time I would fall in love with the game of fold. So much so that I decided to use golf as motivator to keep going. I wanted to document my journey so I created a youtube channel to record my rounds and course vlogs. I'm always open to honest criticism and tips that anyone sees from the game where it can help me out. I've only been playing for not even 2 full seasons. Just looking to connect and make new friends even if from afar within the golf community. 

Congrats man, I checked out and subscribed to your channel, I am super happy with how your journey is coming along.

Question, what are you using as far as the shot tracer goes on your videos?

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Welcome to the forum!  Congrats on the incredible journey.  Keep up the great work!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Congrats man, I checked out and subscribed to your channel, I am super happy with how your journey is coming along.
Question, what are you using as far as the shot tracer goes on your videos?

I’m using the shot tracer app that has been released for the Mac. It’s a game changer no longer having to do it on the phone. Cuts my editing time in half!!

Welcome to the forum!  Congrats on the incredible journey.  Keep up the great work!

Thank you so much!! Really appreciate the support from everyone it means a lot!!

4 minutes ago, TheBogeySmalls said:

I’m using the shot tracer app that has been released for the Mac. It’s a game changer no longer having to do it on the phone. Cuts my editing time in half!!

Thank you for the information, I'm going to check out their Android version.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

• 3 months later...

Golf is a great way to lose weight. For instance, when you carry your bag and walk 18 holes, you'll burn 1,500 calories, which is more than half the recommended calorie intake for a male golfer on any given day. https://fine-health.com/category/celebrities/  - that's how many celebrities lose weight too. 

Edited by sahrenity

Congratulations on the big change and glad you have found and enjoyed golf. Hope you keep enjoying it for years to come.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3