TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra Xtreme Driver Review

chisag

21 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Can't wait to get my Pars & Stripes version in.   I may be more on the slow swing speed side vs mid swing speed, but not too far off. 

ohhhhhh very nice.  At least now I know we'll get some great pictures of it.  Are you sticking with the Ventus in it or did you order something else?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

12 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

ohhhhhh very nice.  At least now I know we'll get some great pictures of it.  Are you sticking with the Ventus in it or did you order something else?

That was one great thing about this release, it comes with the Ventus andI believe I read it the Ventus with Velacore.   There was no custom options available, so everyone is getting the same driver except for loft and flex. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Just now, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That was one great thing about this release, it comes with the Ventus andI believe I read it the Ventus with Velacore.  

yeah that's what i saw too! 👍

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Exactly my category mid speed. The regular SZ was already a winner, hope the Xtreme can beat it.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Just a short update: went back to my fitter today to hit the Xtreme vs the SZ.

Xtreme was over 3K spin for me and had almost no carry, changing shafts didn't help much either.

So I just placed the order for the standard SZ with Aldila Rogue Silver 60S, 9* head and 45" play length. For some reason, I couldn't hit the Tour Length to save my life.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

• 1 year later...

A caution out there, buying Cobra drivers. So far I only experienced this deceit with an F9 driver, but expect maybe comes to the SpeedZone F9 also? What happened is Cobra made a batch of "F9" calling them F9s that is an "s" added. But in the big box golf store in Canada, their ad said nothing in particular about the S modifications to construction. So what happened when I got the club is it is that it is NOT a MILLED FACE, very visually evident, and the "Milled Face" printed words are not on the club face. There is NO listing I can find on www.Cobra.com website discussing a F9s clubs at all. So in other words, no information stating construction of F9 had been cheapened.  So seems an intentional misleading product offering,

So I guess, Cobra now makes their own "knock-off" club. Sure, price was reduced and very attractive, but hey a real F9 is a 2019 product, an F8 had a milled face and was I think a 2017 product! So a F9s without milled face is really a <2016 product in technology from Cobra. The golf store online ad clearly showed a milled face, if you looked closely at the pictures, no mention it was not milled in their F9"s"  version!  

Asked the store, "what gives, an F9 with no milled face is a deception in your ad?" they said it was a F9S, and S means no milled face nor Arcos grip. I told them the pictures they use a show milled face and on the club there is no "s" after F9.  They said would update their pictures re milled grooves evident. Anyhow,  told them that I was not happy and felt cheated; they said too bad, too sad, tough luck, thank God, they do have a return policy.  Cobra should be ashamed! Maybe soon they will do that trick with SZ clubs too. Caution! OR IF the club tests out as decent at a reduced price, fine, but they need to own that one, not hide out. 

Edited by ronkie312

• 1 year later...

I got to hit one over the summer and loved it. Read the great review and follow up comments here and vowed to seek one out. Coming from a SIM which is long but very fade biased, I wanted more forgiveness. I just picked one up used am looking forward to using it next spring.

I have not been here and anywhere much due to a rotator cuff injury and repair. So I am looking forward to my return to golf with the Extreme in hand. Thanks.

• 3 months later...