Testers ANNOUNCED! Tour Edge Hybrid EXS Pro Hybrid

Our Sponsors

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Tour Edge has made some of the most highly-regarded woods in the industry for a while now, so when they release a special edition club like the EXS Pro line, they should

Testers ANNOUNCED! The testers are: @ncwoz @The 19th Hole @Zen Snake @zrumble Full announcement here: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38954-testers-wanted-4-

Jake from State Farm… I mean Texas 7.5 Handicap Gaming the G30 22* and G400 19* Hitting that 215-225 shot consistently is the most important thing my hybrid needs to do.

Posted Images

DBonilla

norcal

15 handicap

i play a 3w and the have a 5i.  Never played hybrids

most important would be accuracy.  Being able to control in that 195-220 range.  Help level the playing field vs. my long bombing golf buddy.  Goes by “el Tigre”. You see why I want to crush him. 

wth

First Name / State of Residence  >> John / California

Handicap >> 10

Current Hybrid in Play >> Callaway X-Hot Pro 18* Project X px 6.0 graphite shaft

What is the most important thing to you in a hybrid >> Control and accuracy

Callaway Driver, X2-Hot, 9.0*, Aldila VS Proto by you 70-S shaft

Titleist 4W, 906F2-18*, Aldila NV Fairway 75-S shaft

Callaway Hybrid, X-Hot Pro, 18*, Project-X 6.0 shaft

Callaway Irons, Apex Pro forged, 3i – PW, KBS Tour-V 110-S shafts

Titleist Wedges, Vokey spin milled 52* and 56*

Titleist Putter, Scotty Cameron Select SquareBack

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x, Bridgestone B330-S, Callaway Chrome Soft

Best of luck to everyone! I'm so in love with my hybrid right now that I don't want to mess with it. Before my current 3 wood and hybrid I played Tour Edge and loved them, you guys will too!

• Like 1

Driver: :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 220 9.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.0
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff (Coming Soon!)
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition (Coming Soon!)
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Jordan/CA

Cobra F9

A consistent miss. I try and fit my clubs to have a consistent right miss, as I prefer the soft landing of the fade spin. The unpredictable left miss is a current pain with most hybrids I have played. 

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

Jackie - Minnesota

Taylormade M5 3 Hybrid

Cobra one Length 5 Hybrid

hit it a few yards farther than the iron it's replacing, easy to hit, consistency and many tap in birdies.

• Like 1

Larry.     Oklahoma

HCP 7

Callaway Super Pro

Hitting a shot with enough height to stay on the green from 200 yds

On 6/11/2020 at 5:06 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

One of the most frequent complaints you hear from better players about hybrids, is that they are "hook machines" no matter what some players just can't keep them from going left-for right handed golfers.  While hybrids and their natural tendency to go left is a blessing for most high handicappers, it can be a big turnoff to the better player, and keeps them from putting a higher lofted club in their bag for those long approaches. 

The compact head and deep face design is the preferred shape for better players and helps with a penetrating flight.  To fine tune in your flight, the hybrids come with two adjustable weights a 5g and 20g weight that can be positioned for maxim fade or draw bias depending on your preference. 

Perhaps one of the most unique things about this line is that it comes in single lofts all the way from 16 to 22 degrees, so you can really choose the ideal loft for the gap you are looking to fill, as most companies offer them in 3 or 4 degree gaps.

8C9F4D9B-7E82-49B2-B9BD-7B65CEDD08E4.jpeg

How To Apply

Per the OEM's instructions, this testing is open to Right Handed golfers that reside in the United States

In a post in this thread please provide the following information...AND DO NOT QUOTE this post when replying!

First Name / State of Residence

Handicap

Current Hybrid in Play

What is the most important thing to you in a hybrid

That's it. Good luck to everyone.

We'll be selecting the testers sometime in the next week. 

Frank / Michigan

Adams

Caden/South Carolina

Handicap- +2

Current hybrid in bag- Cobra F-Max

Most important thing in a hybrid- I like playing my hybrids more than irons so I need a solid replacement for my irons in what hybrid I play

Chris  New Jersey

13 handicap

I currently play a Ping G 3 hybrid

I look for turf interaction and forgiveness.  It is one of a few clubs I don’t slice, but I can pull hook it.  I don’t believe this hybrid is the best for me and that is why I look forward to a full bag fitting this year.  I need to revamp my bag except for 8-GW.  Tour Edge is one of the brands I want to try especially for price point and it’s similarities to other brands on performance.  I am currently test driving the Ben Hogan PTx pro irons.  

Edited by Cg1614

I’d love to give some feedback!

Kevin Arizona 

handicap 14

currently looking for a new hybrid

The most important issue for a hybrid for me is consistency no matter what my lie is 

Driver : PING G30

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro 4-AW

Wedges: Titleist SM7 54 degrees

Cleveland 60 CBX

Putter LAB Golf DF2.1

First Name / State of Residence:  Eric / Michigan

Handicap +.6

Current Hybrid in Play:  Callaway Apex 23* (The original Apex from 2016...I think)

What is the most important thing to you in a hybrid:  Control - I want a hybrid that has neutral ball flight and a hybrid that can be hit high and low

Ping G400 LST 10* - Rogue silver 110

Callaway Rogue 15* - Even Flow Blue

Callaway Apex 18* & 23*  Kuro Kage

Ping i500 (reg spec) Steelfiber 110CW

Ping i210 6-UW Steelfiber 110CW

Ping Glide 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold X100 SoftStepped

Ping Nome TR