TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Level golf clubs

AceBino

Just curious to see if anyone has been fitted for or purchased any New Level irons.  A friend of mine was fitted locally and test them out, and he said they weren't too bad.  I had never heard of them and I did a little "recon" on their website; I like the look of some of the offerings, and the price tag is rather friendly.  

Anyone have any experience with New Level irons?  Thanks, and keep it in the fairway.

Driver:  :callaway-small: XR16 10.5* (set to 9.5*), MRC KuroKage TiNi Black, S-flex

3 wood:  :ping-small: G410, Alta 65 S-flex

Hybrids:  :ping-small: G400 19* & 22*, Alta CB 70 S-flex

Irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX-900 5-GW, Proj X LZ 6.0

Wedges:  :titelist-small: SM7, 54*/S; :callaway-small: MD4, 58*/S

Putter:  :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Black 2.0 #1

They have been part of MGS most wanted testing so you can see how they performed during that testing. You can also go back a few episodes of no putts given where they are discussed. The DTC club market (Hogan, New Level, Sub70, etc) is a great space for people that are looking for high quality clubs. They generally aren’t on the technological cutting edge like major OEMs but are sound designs. Generally, the representatives and customer service are great and there is more personal attention.

The one complaint I have heard regarding new level is the type of information posted on social media by company representatives.

From everything I have read about the DTC market, Sub70 would be my choice. They are responsive to questions and go out of their way to make sure you are happy with your purchase.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Cnosil said it very well above about the overall DTC market.

I will add, that i had an email conversation with the owner at New Level and we discussed his brand and his SM accounts in quite a lot of detail.  I will say I came away from the conversation with the impression that Eric is very passionate about his company and believes in his product. 

I have my hands full handling the clubs I do have, but if I were to look at clubs from a DTC, I would have no problem in dealing with Eric at New Level or Jason at Sub70.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

They have been part of MGS most wanted testing so you can see how they performed during that testing. You can also go back a few episodes of no putts given where they are discussed. The DTC club market (Hogan, New Level, Sub70, etc) is a great space for people that are looking for high quality clubs. They generally aren’t on the technological cutting edge like major OEMs but are sound designs. Generally, the representatives and customer service are great and there is more personal attention.

The one complaint I have heard regarding new level is the type of information posted on social media by company representatives.

From everything I have read about the DTC market, Sub70 would be my choice. They are responsive to questions and go out of their way to make sure you are happy with your purchase.

I just ordered a set of Sub70 639 CB irons, in large part because of the customer service they offer based on friends reviews and Twitter engagement, and I trust that if there are any issues, they will do what they can to help. Can't wait to try them out!  

New Level also has some great looking clubs, and really more design options, but I agree w/ CNosil about social media engagement.  I followed them for awhile, but some of their engagements last year on Twitter really turned me off.  Really wanted to try the Hogan Icons too, but the deal I got w/ Sub70 was too good to pass up. (returned item, basically new, and to my specs w/ upgraded shafts) 

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else find New Level's club descriptions a bit confusing at times?  Some, like the MODB-1 and 632 irons, are straight forward enough, but the description of the 1126 irons has me baffled.  I suppose it could be a game improvement iron in the same design concept as the PING G700/710 irons.  Maybe it's just me, maybe it's the angles of the clubs in the pictures that they use.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

The 1126 is more comparable to the G410 set of irons.

Does anyone else find New Level's club descriptions a bit confusing at times?  Some, like the MODB-1 and 632 irons, are straight forward enough, but the description of the 1126 irons has me baffled.  I suppose it could be a game improvement iron in the same design concept as the PING G700/710 irons.  Maybe it's just me, maybe it's the angles of the clubs in the pictures that they use.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

I think the new level stuff looks good. I have still just not ready to take the leap on DTC stuff. I fully admit a bias and a underlying thought that they may be lower quality. I know that is judging by the cover and not fair but it is the truth and I am sure many feel the same way. 

Companies like Mizuno, and others have earned my trust. I am willing to pay the extra premium for them. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Most every OEM's clubheads are outsourced and forged in China, so quality control shouldn't be a mental hurdle to overcome.

Does New Level have a demo program? If so, test drive a couple of models you find appealing. Both Hogan and Sub 70 have demos readily available for a nominal fee.

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Blade #2
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

28 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Most every OEM's clubheads are outsourced and forged in China, so quality control shouldn't be a mental hurdle to overcome.

Does New Level have a demo program? If so, test drive a couple of models you find appealing. Both Hogan and Sub 70 have demos readily available for a nominal fee.

Sure, but these companies have good long standing relationships and control (assuming) over their product. I don't know about Hogan, NL, Sub70, etc. 

As I said, it is probably an unreasonable bias. I accept that.

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

1 minute ago, Quigleyd said:

Sure, but these companies have good long standing relationships and control (assuming) over their product. I don't know about Hogan, NL, Sub70, etc. 

I honestly haven't investigated what manufacturing facilities in China forge which OEM's clubheads. I doubt that information is readily available. A major, higher-volume brand - like Cobra - may have better oversight and QC. But, who knows?

It's possible Cobra and NL are forged in the same Chinese factory. I don't know...

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Blade #2
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

8 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I honestly haven't investigated what manufacturing facilities in China forge which OEM's clubheads. I doubt that information is readily available. A major, higher-volume brand - like Cobra - may have better oversight and QC. But, who knows?

It's possible Cobra and NL are forged in the same Chinese factory. I don't know...

all are possibilities. 

56 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Yes, New Level has a demo program (7 iron only for irons) and it at least doesn't come with the extra charge that Sub 70 does.  Even though they refund $100 of the $120, I'm still not comfortable parting with that much just to try a pair of irons.  Mental hurdles are fun aren't they?

30 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

As I said, it is probably an unreasonable bias. I accept that.

Ben Hogan and Sub 70 are both well respected on the forums.  Both seem to have outstanding quality and it looks like SUB 70 has one of the most highly rated customer services.  Again, the last part is according to the forums and members' experiences with being able to speak to the SUB 70 CEO himself and get answers.  SUB 70 has also had an active member of these forums for quite some time and there is a SUB 70 specific thread that they have participated in for quite a while.

I have hit a pair of Hogan demo irons and even though it wasnt like Global Golf where I would've been the first to unbox and hit them, the clubs had minimal wear on their faces and no visible damage.  The grips were like new and were as clean as brand new irons.  I cant speak for the demo programs of New Level or SUB 70, but that will change soon.

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

3 minutes ago, AmishJason said:

Yes, New Level has a demo program (7 iron only for irons) and it at least doesn't come with the extra charge that Sub 70 does.  Even though they refund $100 of the $120, I'm still not comfortable parting with that much just to try a pair of irons.  Mental hurdles are fun aren't they?

Ben Hogan and Sub 70 are both well respected on the forums.  Both seem to have outstanding quality and it looks like SUB 70 has one of the most highly rated customer services.  Again, the last part is according to the forums and members' experiences with being able to speak to the SUB 70 CEO himself and get answers.  SUB 70 has also had an active member of these forums for quite some time and there is a SUB 70 specific thread that they have participated in for quite a while.

I have hit a pair of Hogan demo irons and even though it wasnt like Global Golf where I would've been the first to unbox and hit them, the clubs had minimal wear on their faces and no visible damage.  The grips were like new and were as clean as brand new irons.  I cant speak for the demo programs of New Level or SUB 70, but that will change soon.

Sure, well aware of who they are. I also stated that it is a very biased and unfairly given judgement. 

2 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Sure, well aware of who they are. I also stated that it is a very biased and unfairly given judgement. 

Okie dokie. Just wanted to make sure.

All differences with New Level aside, does anyone have any experience with their 1126 irons?  They say game improvement in the description, but they look more like they belong in the Player's Distance category.

• 1 year later...
On 6/26/2020 at 1:04 AM, AmishJason said:

Maybe it's just me, maybe it's the angles of the clubs in the pictures that they use.

New Level -> The images they show of clubs are what I would expect them to look like.

Sub70 -> The images they show  at address are all twisted sideways. 

I can't comment on either's Social Media platforms because I'm not a follower of anything on Social Media. All I can tell you is that as a customer going to their e-commerce platforms, New Level has it right and Sub 70 is lacking a bit.

Here is a shot of New Level's 623 CB and then the 639 CB from Sub 70. Why you would display a club like that for sale is beyond me.

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 7.49.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 7.51.36 AM.png

Edited by Angular

Are we really bumping threads from nearly two years ago to complain about the angle of photographs on a website?

I CANNOT WAIT for golf season to start for the majority of us so we can get back to talking about things that actually matter. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Are we really bumping threads from nearly two years ago to complain about the angle of photographs on a website?

I CANNOT WAIT for golf season to start for the majority of us so we can get back to talking about things that actually matter. 

Ironically, the angle of photographs is critical for the sale of golf clubs and one of the first things people judge.  While a late contribution, he is actually correct, based on the photos I would pick the new level over the sub 70.   I was talking to the MGS team and apparently there is an equipment photographer that most of the OEMs use because he has specialized jigs to position the clubs correctly because it is so critical on how a club is perceived.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

@russtopherb& @cnosildefinitely agree photos are critical. Its why they are so damn expensive professionally! Initial impression is everything isn't it?

I also agree that I cannot wait for golf season to start because I am tired of looking at pictures of green grass and clubs everywhere but here

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I bought my New Level 902 Forged a little over a year ago, switching from Titleist 714 AP2s.  Even though I very much enjoyed the AP2s, I am very happy with my purchase and the performance of the 902s.  My ball speed was a bit faster with the 902s and I also prefer the turf interaction compared to the AP2s.  I knew my specs from the AP2s and did try the NL demo program before purchasing to compare the performance.  Give the demo program a shot to compare against your current gamer.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the quality.

Wood:    Stealth Plus 8* with Brava

TSR3 3 wood 15*

TSR3 5 wood 18*

Hybrid:    Titleist H2 23*

Irons:    New Level 902 5-PW

Wedges:   Renegar 50, 54, 58

Putter:   Ping Anser

Balls:      Snell MTB Black 

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

@russtopherb& @cnosildefinitely agree photos are critical. Its why they are so damn expensive professionally! Initial impression is everything isn't it?

I also agree that I cannot wait for golf season to start because I am tired of looking at pictures of green grass and clubs everywhere but here

We (photographers) can be expensive but it's also a business for many, and unlike hobbyist, we have staff and other overhead to cover. We're also highly responsible for the quality of the marketing material that companies use, thus the impression consumers have on that product or company, I'm biased of course 🙂

new level golf photos by everardo keeme.jpg

7 minutes ago, Fenix said:

We (photographers) can be expensive but it's also a business for many, and unlike hobbyist, we have staff and other overhead to cover. We're also highly responsible for the quality of the marketing material that companies use, thus the impression consumers have on that product or company, I'm biased of course 🙂

new level golf photos by everardo keeme.jpg

Didn’t mean expensive in a derogatory way. Professional photos especially when it comes to consumables like golf clubs it’s extremely important and the difference between the Joe Schmo (me) and the professionals is clear. I think I refer expensive to the professional family photographers, thank goodness my wife doesn’t request those 🤦‍♂️

@GolfSpy_APHand @GolfSpy_BOSno picking fenix for tests he’s going to put us all to shame in the photo realm

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Didn’t mean expensive in a derogatory way. Professional photos especially when it comes to consumables like golf clubs it’s extremely important and the difference between the Joe Schmo (me) and the professionals is clear. I think I refer expensive to the professional family photographers, thank goodness my wife doesn’t request those 🤦‍♂️

Oh I didn't take it that way, we're cool 😉

I own a studio with multiple photographers, I don't take the family portraits, unless I know or like the family but we are a little higher that the average, just because we stylize a little more and we sell products more than just sell the digitals. That's just our business model though but yeah I wouln't pay our prices haha kidding

Edited by Fenix

21 hours ago, cnosil said:

Ironically, the angle of photographs is critical for the sale of golf clubs and one of the first things people judge.  While a late contribution, he is actually correct, based on the photos I would pick the new level over the sub 70.   I was talking to the MGS team and apparently there is an equipment photographer that most of the OEMs use because he has specialized jigs to position the clubs correctly because it is so critical on how a club is perceived.  

See that's what I was I missing when I was trying to get good images of my clubs during the Cobra Connect challenge-Specialized Jigs!😆

71d.png.9f70598c9f5fb10ad46b20ed91f7b0ed.png

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

32 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

See that's what I was I missing when I was trying to get good images of my clubs during the Cobra Connect challenge-Specialized Jigs!😆

Maybe it was just the photographer.  😂. I watched a series on YouTube where they gave professional photographers cheap s cameras like a plastic Barbie digital camera and they were still able to take amazing photographs.  They also gave everyday people professional grade cameras and they still got the sam mediocre images.  

it is like having a fabulous meal in a restaurant and asking the chef what kind of oven/cooktop was used. 

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Maybe it was just the photographer.  😂. I watched a series on YouTube where they gave professional photographers cheap s cameras like a plastic Barbie digital camera and they were still able to take amazing photographs.  They also gave everyday people professional grade cameras and they still got the sam mediocre images.  

it is like having a fabulous meal in a restaurant and asking the chef what kind of oven/cooktop was used. 

Hey nowwww, that was uncalled for. Honestly, it was quite frustrating when I would get the club set-up to take a the picture and then grab my phone and the damn club would fall over. Those guys deserve every penny they get for problem solving to get their customers what they need.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 2/23/2022 at 10:34 AM, Lacassem said:

The exact reason I alway laugh when people on all the golf fourms get worked up when they see the USGA conforming photo's of a new release.  Which are often black and white or very baisc to hide any color themes.  The hate comments that come as a result of those is funny.

I just tell people, sit back step away fromt they keyboard and wait for the actual launch photos to come out.

Speakng of that phtotogrpaher, obviously he is under some strong NDA's but imagine what he could probably make if he were to "accidentally" let his camera be unattended for a few moments 🙂

19 hours ago, Fenix said:

Oh I didn't take it that way, we're cool 😉

I own a studio with multiple photographers, I don't take the family portraits, unless I know or like the family but we are a little higher that the average, just because we stylize a little more and we sell products more than just sell the digitals. That's just our business model though but yeah I wouln't pay our prices haha kidding

I enjoyed your two posts in this thread.  As somone who takes a lot of pictures of clubs for reviews and when it's time for them to move on, I always struggle as to what makes a good photo.  One hint I did receive from one of the OEM's that he said was from their photographer was t always try and have green (such as a fairway, green or trees) in the background of the picture.  I don't know if that was because it's natural enviornment or if there is some really technical reason to.   But I did notice that was the case in 5 of the 6 photos you posted above. 

And another big issue I have as I am often taking the photos by myself, is how to have he club stay in a certain position, for example the address position without getting my size 14 feet in the way...ha 

But if you wanted to share any general tips to keep in mind for us amatuers, I know I'd find it very helpful and interesting.