AceBino

New Level golf clubs

Our Sponsors

Just curious to see if anyone has been fitted for or purchased any New Level irons.  A friend of mine was fitted locally and test them out, and he said they weren't too bad.  I had never heard of them and I did a little "recon" on their website; I like the look of some of the offerings, and the price tag is rather friendly.  

Anyone have any experience with New Level irons?  Thanks, and keep it in the fairway.

Driver:  :callaway-small: XR16 10.5* (set to 9.5*), MRC KuroKage TiNi Black, S-flex

3 wood:  :ping-small: G410, Alta 65 S-flex

Hybrids:  :ping-small: G400 19* & 22*, Alta CB 70 S-flex

Irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX-900, Proj X LZ 6.0

Wedges:  Maltby M-Series+ 54/10 & 58/8

Putter:  :bettinardi-small: HM2, 34"

They have been part of MGS most wanted testing so you can see how they performed during that testing. You can also go back a few episodes of no putts given where they are discussed. The DTC club market (Hogan, New Level, Sub70, etc) is a great space for people that are looking for high quality clubs. They generally aren’t on the technological cutting edge like major OEMs but are sound designs. Generally, the representatives and customer service are great and there is more personal attention.

The one complaint I have heard regarding new level is the type of information posted on social media by company representatives.

From everything I have read about the DTC market, Sub70 would be my choice. They are responsive to questions and go out of their way to make sure you are happy with your purchase.

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Cnosil said it very well above about the overall DTC market.

I will add, that i had an email conversation with the owner at New Level and we discussed his brand and his SM accounts in quite a lot of detail.  I will say I came away from the conversation with the impression that Eric is very passionate about his company and believes in his product. 

I have my hands full handling the clubs I do have, but if I were to look at clubs from a DTC, I would have no problem in dealing with Eric at New Level or Jason at Sub70.  

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

They have been part of MGS most wanted testing so you can see how they performed during that testing. You can also go back a few episodes of no putts given where they are discussed. The DTC club market (Hogan, New Level, Sub70, etc) is a great space for people that are looking for high quality clubs. They generally aren’t on the technological cutting edge like major OEMs but are sound designs. Generally, the representatives and customer service are great and there is more personal attention.

The one complaint I have heard regarding new level is the type of information posted on social media by company representatives.

From everything I have read about the DTC market, Sub70 would be my choice. They are responsive to questions and go out of their way to make sure you are happy with your purchase.

I just ordered a set of Sub70 639 CB irons, in large part because of the customer service they offer based on friends reviews and Twitter engagement, and I trust that if there are any issues, they will do what they can to help. Can't wait to try them out!  

New Level also has some great looking clubs, and really more design options, but I agree w/ CNosil about social media engagement.  I followed them for awhile, but some of their engagements last year on Twitter really turned me off.  Really wanted to try the Hogan Icons too, but the deal I got w/ Sub70 was too good to pass up. (returned item, basically new, and to my specs w/ upgraded shafts) 

• Like 1

:honma: Driver: TESTING HONMA TR20 440 8.5° W/ VIZARD FP-7X SHAFT

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

I looked at these and have been thinking about trying the 623-M Forged Irons. Great looking iron and their prices are very good. Appear to have good quailty shafts-steel and grip selection with no up-charge. 

Does anyone else find New Level's club descriptions a bit confusing at times?  Some, like the MODB-1 and 632 irons, are straight forward enough, but the description of the 1126 irons has me baffled.  I suppose it could be a game improvement iron in the same design concept as the PING G700/710 irons.  Maybe it's just me, maybe it's the angles of the clubs in the pictures that they use.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

The 1126 is more comparable to the G410 set of irons.

Does anyone else find New Level's club descriptions a bit confusing at times?  Some, like the MODB-1 and 632 irons, are straight forward enough, but the description of the 1126 irons has me baffled.  I suppose it could be a game improvement iron in the same design concept as the PING G700/710 irons.  Maybe it's just me, maybe it's the angles of the clubs in the pictures that they use.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I think the new level stuff looks good. I have still just not ready to take the leap on DTC stuff. I fully admit a bias and a underlying thought that they may be lower quality. I know that is judging by the cover and not fair but it is the truth and I am sure many feel the same way. 

Companies like Mizuno, and others have earned my trust. I am willing to pay the extra premium for them. 

• Like 2

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

Most every OEM's clubheads are outsourced and forged in China, so quality control shouldn't be a mental hurdle to overcome.

Does New Level have a demo program? If so, test drive a couple of models you find appealing. Both Hogan and Sub 70 have demos readily available for a nominal fee.

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: Ray Cook Blue Goose or Tour Edge HP #10 Red
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

28 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Most every OEM's clubheads are outsourced and forged in China, so quality control shouldn't be a mental hurdle to overcome.

Does New Level have a demo program? If so, test drive a couple of models you find appealing. Both Hogan and Sub 70 have demos readily available for a nominal fee.

Sure, but these companies have good long standing relationships and control (assuming) over their product. I don't know about Hogan, NL, Sub70, etc. 

As I said, it is probably an unreasonable bias. I accept that.

1 minute ago, Quigleyd said:

Sure, but these companies have good long standing relationships and control (assuming) over their product. I don't know about Hogan, NL, Sub70, etc. 

I honestly haven't investigated what manufacturing facilities in China forge which OEM's clubheads. I doubt that information is readily available. A major, higher-volume brand - like Cobra - may have better oversight and QC. But, who knows?

It's possible Cobra and NL are forged in the same Chinese factory. I don't know...

• Like 1

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: Ray Cook Blue Goose or Tour Edge HP #10 Red
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

8 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I honestly haven't investigated what manufacturing facilities in China forge which OEM's clubheads. I doubt that information is readily available. A major, higher-volume brand - like Cobra - may have better oversight and QC. But, who knows?

It's possible Cobra and NL are forged in the same Chinese factory. I don't know...

all are possibilities. 

56 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Yes, New Level has a demo program (7 iron only for irons) and it at least doesn't come with the extra charge that Sub 70 does.  Even though they refund $100 of the $120, I'm still not comfortable parting with that much just to try a pair of irons.  Mental hurdles are fun aren't they?

30 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

As I said, it is probably an unreasonable bias. I accept that.

Ben Hogan and Sub 70 are both well respected on the forums.  Both seem to have outstanding quality and it looks like SUB 70 has one of the most highly rated customer services.  Again, the last part is according to the forums and members' experiences with being able to speak to the SUB 70 CEO himself and get answers.  SUB 70 has also had an active member of these forums for quite some time and there is a SUB 70 specific thread that they have participated in for quite a while.

I have hit a pair of Hogan demo irons and even though it wasnt like Global Golf where I would've been the first to unbox and hit them, the clubs had minimal wear on their faces and no visible damage.  The grips were like new and were as clean as brand new irons.  I cant speak for the demo programs of New Level or SUB 70, but that will change soon.

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

3 minutes ago, AmishJason said:

Yes, New Level has a demo program (7 iron only for irons) and it at least doesn't come with the extra charge that Sub 70 does.  Even though they refund $100 of the $120, I'm still not comfortable parting with that much just to try a pair of irons.  Mental hurdles are fun aren't they?

Ben Hogan and Sub 70 are both well respected on the forums.  Both seem to have outstanding quality and it looks like SUB 70 has one of the most highly rated customer services.  Again, the last part is according to the forums and members' experiences with being able to speak to the SUB 70 CEO himself and get answers.  SUB 70 has also had an active member of these forums for quite some time and there is a SUB 70 specific thread that they have participated in for quite a while.

I have hit a pair of Hogan demo irons and even though it wasnt like Global Golf where I would've been the first to unbox and hit them, the clubs had minimal wear on their faces and no visible damage.  The grips were like new and were as clean as brand new irons.  I cant speak for the demo programs of New Level or SUB 70, but that will change soon.

Sure, well aware of who they are. I also stated that it is a very biased and unfairly given judgement. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Sure, well aware of who they are. I also stated that it is a very biased and unfairly given judgement. 

Okie dokie. Just wanted to make sure.

• Like 1

All differences with New Level aside, does anyone have any experience with their 1126 irons?  They say game improvement in the description, but they look more like they belong in the Player's Distance category.