New Level golf clubs

AceBino

@russtopherb& @cnosildefinitely agree photos are critical. Its why they are so damn expensive professionally! Initial impression is everything isn't it?

I also agree that I cannot wait for golf season to start because I am tired of looking at pictures of green grass and clubs everywhere but here

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I bought my New Level 902 Forged a little over a year ago, switching from Titleist 714 AP2s.  Even though I very much enjoyed the AP2s, I am very happy with my purchase and the performance of the 902s.  My ball speed was a bit faster with the 902s and I also prefer the turf interaction compared to the AP2s.  I knew my specs from the AP2s and did try the NL demo program before purchasing to compare the performance.  Give the demo program a shot to compare against your current gamer.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the quality.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

@russtopherb& @cnosildefinitely agree photos are critical. Its why they are so damn expensive professionally! Initial impression is everything isn't it?

I also agree that I cannot wait for golf season to start because I am tired of looking at pictures of green grass and clubs everywhere but here

We (photographers) can be expensive but it's also a business for many, and unlike hobbyist, we have staff and other overhead to cover. We're also highly responsible for the quality of the marketing material that companies use, thus the impression consumers have on that product or company, I'm biased of course 🙂

new level golf photos by everardo keeme.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Fenix said:

We (photographers) can be expensive but it's also a business for many, and unlike hobbyist, we have staff and other overhead to cover. We're also highly responsible for the quality of the marketing material that companies use, thus the impression consumers have on that product or company, I'm biased of course 🙂

new level golf photos by everardo keeme.jpg

Didn’t mean expensive in a derogatory way. Professional photos especially when it comes to consumables like golf clubs it’s extremely important and the difference between the Joe Schmo (me) and the professionals is clear. I think I refer expensive to the professional family photographers, thank goodness my wife doesn’t request those 🤦‍♂️

@GolfSpy_APHand @GolfSpy_BOSno picking fenix for tests he’s going to put us all to shame in the photo realm

• Haha 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Didn’t mean expensive in a derogatory way. Professional photos especially when it comes to consumables like golf clubs it’s extremely important and the difference between the Joe Schmo (me) and the professionals is clear. I think I refer expensive to the professional family photographers, thank goodness my wife doesn’t request those 🤦‍♂️

Oh I didn't take it that way, we're cool 😉

I own a studio with multiple photographers, I don't take the family portraits, unless I know or like the family but we are a little higher that the average, just because we stylize a little more and we sell products more than just sell the digitals. That's just our business model though but yeah I wouln't pay our prices haha kidding

Edited by Fenix
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, cnosil said:

Ironically, the angle of photographs is critical for the sale of golf clubs and one of the first things people judge.  While a late contribution, he is actually correct, based on the photos I would pick the new level over the sub 70.   I was talking to the MGS team and apparently there is an equipment photographer that most of the OEMs use because he has specialized jigs to position the clubs correctly because it is so critical on how a club is perceived.  

See that's what I was I missing when I was trying to get good images of my clubs during the Cobra Connect challenge-Specialized Jigs!😆

71d.png.9f70598c9f5fb10ad46b20ed91f7b0ed.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

32 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

See that's what I was I missing when I was trying to get good images of my clubs during the Cobra Connect challenge-Specialized Jigs!😆

Maybe it was just the photographer.  😂. I watched a series on YouTube where they gave professional photographers cheap s cameras like a plastic Barbie digital camera and they were still able to take amazing photographs.  They also gave everyday people professional grade cameras and they still got the sam mediocre images.  

it is like having a fabulous meal in a restaurant and asking the chef what kind of oven/cooktop was used. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Maybe it was just the photographer.  😂. I watched a series on YouTube where they gave professional photographers cheap s cameras like a plastic Barbie digital camera and they were still able to take amazing photographs.  They also gave everyday people professional grade cameras and they still got the sam mediocre images.  

it is like having a fabulous meal in a restaurant and asking the chef what kind of oven/cooktop was used. 

Hey nowwww, that was uncalled for. Honestly, it was quite frustrating when I would get the club set-up to take a the picture and then grab my phone and the damn club would fall over. Those guys deserve every penny they get for problem solving to get their customers what they need.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 2/23/2022 at 10:34 AM, Lacassem said:

The exact reason I alway laugh when people on all the golf fourms get worked up when they see the USGA conforming photo's of a new release.  Which are often black and white or very baisc to hide any color themes.  The hate comments that come as a result of those is funny.

I just tell people, sit back step away fromt they keyboard and wait for the actual launch photos to come out.

Speakng of that phtotogrpaher, obviously he is under some strong NDA's but imagine what he could probably make if he were to "accidentally" let his camera be unattended for a few moments 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

19 hours ago, Fenix said:

Oh I didn't take it that way, we're cool 😉

I own a studio with multiple photographers, I don't take the family portraits, unless I know or like the family but we are a little higher that the average, just because we stylize a little more and we sell products more than just sell the digitals. That's just our business model though but yeah I wouln't pay our prices haha kidding

I enjoyed your two posts in this thread.  As somone who takes a lot of pictures of clubs for reviews and when it's time for them to move on, I always struggle as to what makes a good photo.  One hint I did receive from one of the OEM's that he said was from their photographer was t always try and have green (such as a fairway, green or trees) in the background of the picture.  I don't know if that was because it's natural enviornment or if there is some really technical reason to.   But I did notice that was the case in 5 of the 6 photos you posted above. 

And another big issue I have as I am often taking the photos by myself, is how to have he club stay in a certain position, for example the address position without getting my size 14 feet in the way...ha 

But if you wanted to share any general tips to keep in mind for us amatuers, I know I'd find it very helpful and interesting. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

And another big issue I have as I am often taking the photos by myself, is how to have he club stay in a certain position, for example the address position without getting my size 14 feet in the way...ha 

But if you wanted to share any general tips to keep in mind for us amatuers, I know I'd find it very helpful and interesting. 

Always happy to help 🙂 Two best tips to get you started. 

• Use a tripod when possible, any camera, especially phone cameras, it will eliminate so much of the shakes and blurs in photos. 
  • Make sure everything is well lit, you can always make a photo darker but phone cameras don't do well in low light and it's tougher to make photos lighter that look well.
  • With that, watch your reflections, shiny object pick up nasty reflections sometimes. In the studio, I also have jig setup to hold the club (or other products, like glass, or jewelry) or my lights in very specific spots to make sure the lines are perfect. 

before and after putter photo everardo keeme.jpg

glass product by everardo keeme photo fusion studio.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fenix said:

Always happy to help 🙂 Two best tips to get you started. 

• Use a tripod when possible, any camera, especially phone cameras, it will eliminate so much of the shakes and blurs in photos. 
  • Make sure everything is well lit, you can always make a photo darker but phone cameras don't do well in low light and it's tougher to make photos lighter that look well.
  • With that, watch your reflections, shiny object pick up nasty reflections sometimes. In the studio, I also have jig setup to hold the club (or other products, like glass, or jewelry) or my lights in very specific spots to make sure the lines are perfect. 

before and after putter photo everardo keeme.jpg

glass product by everardo keeme photo fusion studio.jpg

Thanks very much. Good Stuff!

most of the pics I take are outside. Unlike you professionals who I know relay on shooting at certain times of day or how bright it is.  I tend to just go whenever.  Ha 

The Tripod is a good idea   But sometimes I need to get shots at ground  level.  I try to use a stand (for the I phone) and use the timer after I set it down  

so true on the reflection. Especially on the heads of gloss drivers   People are wanting to see that new and shiny head.  Not my bald head 😬

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know much about photography, don't know much my science book--or the French I took.  But--I know what I like.  New Level has some great clubs.  I demoed the 902 PD 2022, and the 902 OS.  Performance was good with both--they aren't hollow bodies, so maybe not the rocket ships some of those are--but, solid distance, controllable, you can hit high/low/left/right.  To me--great feel--they rival Mizunos.  And I know.  I practice with MP 69s.

Visually--amazing.  The OS--their game improvement--is almost exactly the same heel toe as my MP 69s--just a small bit larger, and the top line is only fractionally thicker.  They are only slightly larger heel toe than ZX 7s, and the top line is...significantly thinner.  At address--these things look like blades.  And are beautiful otherwise. 

Combine those facts with custom shafts and specs, and most clubs ship within a week of order.  Price--unreal.  I ordered 5-PW 902 OS with Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, my length , my lie, my loft,  no grips (I want to put my own on)--803.00 delivered.  Like I said-- not rocket ships, but solid distance.  For reference--I'm 65, working on building my swing speed back up.  With my 78 mph 7 iron swing speed, with a high ball flight--getting 151 carry, and I am sure there is more in the tank.  My son-in-law--28, just started golf last year--hit the same iron on the range with me--185 carry first swing.  These will do whatever you can do.  And I vow I will catch the bastard.   Soon enough.

• Like 2

Callaway x460 proforce purple and gold, stiff

Sub 70 3 wood, 5 wood, hybrid,

New level irons--623 mforged 5-g

elevate 95 r shaft

Mizuno SW

Seemore putter

19 minutes ago, sub80 said:

Don't know much about photography, don't know much my science book--or the French I took.  But--I know what I like.  New Level has some great clubs.  I demoed the 902 PD 2022, and the 902 OS.  Performance was good with both--they aren't hollow bodies, so maybe not the rocket ships some of those are--but, solid distance, controllable, you can hit high/low/left/right.  To me--great feel--they rival Mizunos.  And I know.  I practice with MP 69s.

Visually--amazing.  The OS--their game improvement--is almost exactly the same heel toe as my MP 69s--just a small bit larger, and the top line is only fractionally thicker.  They are only slightly larger heel toe than ZX 7s, and the top line is...significantly thinner.  At address--these things look like blades.  And are beautiful otherwise. 

Combine those facts with custom shafts and specs, and most clubs ship within a week of order.  Price--unreal.  I ordered 5-PW 902 OS with Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, my length , my lie, my loft,  no grips (I want to put my own on)--803.00 delivered.  Like I said-- not rocket ships, but solid distance.  For reference--I'm 65, working on building my swing speed back up.  With my 78 mph 7 iron swing speed, with a high ball flight--getting 151 carry, and I am sure there is more in the tank.  My son-in-law--28, just started golf last year--hit the same iron on the range with me--185 carry first swing.  These will do whatever you can do.  And I vow I will catch the bastard.   Soon enough.

What a Wonderful World!!  Loved Herman's Hermits!

Nice clubs at a nice price point for sure.  However, I'm not sure that you have a chance to catch the bastard... but "old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance".  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

12 hours ago, sub80 said:

Combine those facts with custom shafts and specs, and most clubs ship within a week of order.  Price--unreal.  I ordered ........

After photographing, them demo'ing them all. I ordered New Levels and just started playing my set, so far they're great!