Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Old vs new driver

neva_adoubt

Sick of hitting a cut 95% of the time, I went to the local golf store and compared my Cobra king ltd to a Taylormade M6.

i was looking for a straighter ball flight as well as higher launching as my Cobra is kinda low launching. I was hoping to get pictures of both driver numbers to compare but the dude running the simulator couldn't figure it out. Anyway, I'm attaching two pics. Driver numbers of the M6 and an overview of where they both went on the range. White is M6 ( including a complete top) blue was Cobra. Any thoughts?

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4762.jpg

which driver for which stats on bottom pic?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Just going off of the info provided, I’d go with the blue, which I believe is your current Cobra driver. I think I would speak for a lot of people who have gone through this, myself included, if I was hitting one direction 95% of the time, I’d be thrilled. Especially with driver, once you start getting rid of the cut, you’ll start to draw, then next thing you know, you’ll have yourself a lovely 2 way miss. Just my personal experience for what it’s worth. I’d look to help control the cut assuming you tend to over cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, LeftyRM7 said:

Just going off of the info provided, I’d go with the blue, which I believe is your current Cobra driver. I think I would speak for a lot of people who have gone through this, myself included, if I was hitting one direction 95% of the time, I’d be thrilled. Especially with driver, once you start getting rid of the cut, you’ll start to draw, then next thing you know, you’ll have yourself a lovely 2 way miss. Just my personal experience for what it’s worth. I’d look to help control the cut assuming you tend to over cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly my problem right now. Been trying to hard to play a draw and now have a 2 way miss.

Slowly going back to a regular fade.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Based on the dispersion in the top pic it's not really woth s change as the blue is a more consistent pattern. 

Need more info on the LM numbers.  It looks like it just shows your average and last shot.  Was that an average of both clubs or just the M6 since it has your right side shot on it. 

Would ideally like to see all individual shots on the LM screen.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The numbers are just for the M6. The guy running the sim couldn't figure out how to show both numbers. I've missed both ways with the Cobra but usually a cut. I'll keep the Cobra as back up if I don't end up enjoying the M6.

I would not simple hit a M6 but as many drivers as you can with various shafts - or go get fitted at a Pro Shop that offers at least 5-6 named driver manufacturer.

I hit the M6, the Titleist TS2, the Cobra SZ and the Mizuno ST200 yesterday and found the SZ to be the most forgiving and also long. However did not like the feel. Liked the TS2 feel but it was nowhere near as forgiving. Unfortunately they did not have a great selection of shafts so I could not match the shaft in the TS2 in the Cobra. Will now wait till they resume Demo Days and go to the Cobra, Mizuno and Callaway days. That way I get a full selection of shafts to try.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

I would think at that speed, you would want more spin. Sub 2000 is quite likely to lead to some control issues. Every now and then you get jazzed because you hit the longest drive of your life but at other times you are spraying left and right. Hard to remedy without the adjustability as well. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Don’t forget to try the ping g410 sft 

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes