Can't Get Driver Carry Distance Up

On 6/13/2020 at 9:19 PM, gavinski91 said:

Just spent an hour and a half at an indoor range trying to sort out gaps in my bag. The main thing I noticed is that my distance is all over the place on my irons (high handicap on GI irons, so that's to be expected I guess) but one thing that bothered me was my lack of driver distance.

According to the system my swing speed is consistently in the 100-105 mph range, and while I admittedly struggle with making good contact, even the times I did I was rarely getting more than 220 yards of carry. The best shot I had was 106 mph club head speed, 13.8° launch angle, and only 228 yards of carry, and it felt like I hit it right on the sweet spot. Meanwhile, my best shot with my 5-iron carried 189 yards.

So, what gives? Do I need to get fitted for a new driver? (unfortunately not financially feasible right now) Is it potentially a mental thing with swinging indoors? Is it an issue with the launch monitor overestimating my swing speed? (it was the built-in-to-the-ground style with three lines of infrared sensors) Can bad form take that much off my carry distance, even if I'm generating a decent amount of clubhead speed? Are all the online charts comparing swing speed to carry distance off a ways?

As mentioned before, at this point I would be looking at your delivery of the club, angle of attack is probably something to start looking at, sometime as mundane as the ball position can change your angles and affect your distances tremendously.

Work with a swing coach to try and find out where exactly you are leaving those extra yards is probably the best starting point.

• Like 1

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg