TESTERS WANTED! ×

PING G5i putters

PoorGolfer

Why do you sometimes love it or hate it?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Yeah. You totally need a new putter... Its for certain NOT YOUR FAULT... I mean... Its my clubs' and ball's fault that I don't break 80... haha. There is nothing wrong with your putter.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Were you fit for the putter when you purchased it?? Sometimes, a putting problem can be something as simple as an incorrect length, or lie angle. Other times it may be that the head style does not fit your stroke. And if you are me, it doesn't matter who fits you, or how much you spend on a putter, because THEY ARE ALL POSSESSED BY LUCIFER!!!!! :angry:

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

Were you fit for the putter when you purchased it?? Sometimes, a putting problem can be something as simple as an incorrect length, or lie angle. Other times it may be that the head style does not fit your stroke. And if you are me, it doesn't matter who fits you, or how much you spend on a putter, because THEY ARE ALL POSSESSED BY LUCIFER!!!!! :(

This is a good point. No not the crazy part, although that is likely true too. :blink:

That is why I asked about misses. If you are missing the same way each time, short, left, right, long, or whatever, that tells you something about your swing and the putter. I know that in a blade, I need 4 o'clock toe hang (just past face balanced) to hit putts. Me with a Napa and all that hang is an ugly sight.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

This is a good point. No not the crazy part, although that is likely true too. :lol:

That is why I asked about misses. If you are missing the same way each time, short, left, right, long, or whatever, that tells you something about your swing and the putter. I know that in a blade, I need 4 o'clock toe hang (just past face balanced) to hit putts. Me with a Napa and all that hang is an ugly sight.

Correct.. Getting the right amount of hang to match your swing is important. Someday I will stumble across that magical putter, then WATCH OUT!!!

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

• SPY VIP

Correct.. Getting the right amount of hang to match your swing is important. Someday I will stumble across that magical putter, then WATCH OUT!!!

Whatever, you will find it and the force it to learn to swim. :lol:

Perhaps the .....Clearview?

Volvo Intorqueo

Whatever, you will find it and the force it to learn to swim. :D

Perhaps the .....Clearview?

If that thing ever finds its way into my bag, you have my permission to beat me with it.

• SPY VIP

If you go for the Clearview, Perhaps...... giving up golf?

I don't think that anyone on the board could actually give up golf. Most would switch to the clearview if that was the only way to continue playing.

Volvo Intorqueo

It's not about the putter I know. It's my stroke. Sometimes I am just putting good other times just crap. But I have lately developed a putting stroke that is more consistent than my usual stroke. I used to grip down on the putter (35") and use my wrist for the stroke, sometimes delofting the putter on long putts. But I was inconsistent most of the time with my putts always going out of line and left short of the target.

I am not working on a totally different stroke. I am gripping the putter normally, not bending at all, almost a standing position, and moving my two shoulders and trunk as one part on the back stroke and the same on the forward stroke. I am also trying to keep the putter face even all the time to avoid misdirections. My putting has drastically improved but I am still not sure if this new stroke will keep working or just stop working after some time like every other different thing I try in this damned game.

sdfut.jpg

Addicted to golf since February 2008

Best Score: 89

Birdies: 12

• SPY VIP

It's not about the putter I know. It's my stroke. Sometimes I am just putting good other times just crap. But I have lately developed a putting stroke that is more consistent than my usual stroke. I used to grip down on the putter (35") and use my wrist for the stroke, sometimes delofting the putter on long putts. But I was inconsistent most of the time with my putts always going out of line and left short of the target.

I am not working on a totally different stroke. I am gripping the putter normally, not bending at all, almost a standing position, and moving my two shoulders and trunk as one part on the back stroke and the same on the forward stroke. I am also trying to keep the putter face even all the time to avoid misdirections. My putting has drastically improved but I am still not sure if this new stroke will keep working or just stop working after some time like every other different thing I try in this damned game.

Second option here sounds better to me than the first. Is there an arc to your path or are you mainly SBST? I was closer to the later and switching to the near face balanced blade made a huge impact almost immediately. That and practice, practice, practice...

Volvo Intorqueo

I like the idea of using your bigger muscles to putt with. should be more consistent (says the worst putter on the board) What I like to do when I practice, which is very rarely, is to focus on striking the putterhead exactly in the sweetspot. The Pelz Putterclips really help with this.

12256649405402038933493.jpg

These things are money.

Archived