TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Clothing Inspiration

tchat07

Great topic tchat07, looking forward to commenting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Going to keep it simple in week 1 at the Charles Schwab. The big like for the week was Phil shades, cannot find much info on them (I think they're Callaway) after he missed the weekend but the mirrored look just looked plain great! image.jpeg
The miss for me this week was this outfit from Bryson DeChambeau. 1591904286865.jpeg
First off yes word is he is 2 shirt sizes larger now but I'm leaving that for the swole post. The polo is just awful though, I am going to give the bad, the worst and the ugly! The bad a 3 tone polo with light green on the shoulders, blue stripes in the middle and black on the bottom is poor usage of color and too much going on. The worst is Puma deciding to put horiztonal stripes on the guy who just went up 2 shirts sizes. Thin horiztonal stripes are not meant for the thick bodied. The ugly having the bottom block of the polo black and wearing black pants. Someone said it in another post but from some shots it looks like he is wearing high waisted pants. An awful looking polo flat out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I agree with Bryson... not a good look... but I feel the same about Phil... I'm not a fan of the sunglasses

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Going to keep it simple in week 1 at the Charles Schwab. The big like for the week was Phil shades, cannot find much info on them (I think they're Callaway) after he missed the weekend but the mirrored look just looked plain great! image.jpeg.f82e615523739390891ff49c12e6c25e.jpeg
The miss for me this week was this outfit from Bryson DeChambeau. 1591904286865.jpeg.c5476fe0e237b9975a127aa33b0d6ecd.jpeg
First off yes word is he is 2 shirt sizes larger now but I'm leaving that for the swole post. The polo is just awful though, I am going to give the bad, the worst and the ugly! The bad a 3 tone polo with light green on the shoulders, blue stripes in the middle and black on the bottom is poor usage of color and too much going on. The worst is Puma deciding to put horiztonal stripes on the guy who just went up 2 shirts sizes. Thin horiztonal stripes are not meant for the thick bodied. The ugly having the bottom block of the polo black and wearing black pants. Someone said it in another post but from some shots it looks like he is wearing high waisted pants. An awful looking polo flat out.

thick Bryson!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

Justin Rose always looking stylish. Also the mustache gang with Koepka, Fowler, Wolff, Homa, and maybe more is in full effect right now (not necessarily clothing, but does effect their appearance).  

In case you forgot about the biggest fairway fashion trends during the break, Justin Rose reminded us that prints are all the rage. Rose teed it up in two summery prints over the weekend. Both would make for stylish last-minute Father’s Day gifts. Hint, hint.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

18 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Justin Rose always looking stylish. Also the mustache gang with Koepka, Fowler, Wolff, Homa, and maybe more is in full effect right now (not necessarily clothing, but does effect their appearance).  

In case you forgot about the biggest fairway fashion trends during the break, Justin Rose reminded us that prints are all the rage. Rose teed it up in two summery prints over the weekend. Both would make for stylish last-minute Father’s Day gifts. Hint, hint.

I wish he would unbutton that top button. Great looking shirts, but having shirts buttoned all the way up looks bad.

4_JustinRose.jpg
Definitely agree Rose comes out with some sharp gear. Yeah the mustache move is . . . Interesting. I want to see Tiger or Phil rock a stache hahah

Alright after RBC I can see a trend emerging with the "speckled" polo look. I have two examples one I like the other I do not. johnson_dustin06162020.jpeg
First here we have DJ with the Adidas polo that has a 100+ small Adidas logos. Plain and simple not a fan. I appreciate good branding but come on.
abrahamancer.jpeg
The good side of this look is what Abraham Ancer was wearing. Subtle and clean it makes for a good look. And can we also mention how awesome it is that Ancers hat sponsor is a tequila company!

Alright after RBC I can see a trend emerging with the "speckled" polo look. I have two examples one I like the other I do not.

I like them both: I think Rahm was wearing something similar...

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Phil isn't wearing those shades for pleasure.  Like the Mizzen+Main button-down shirts from a few years ago, he's doing it for wads of cash.  Not to mention, they look like something from a truck-stop dollar bin or some Kardashian garbage on TV.  I can't decide which.  Either way,  I'm not a fan! 

The speckled and multi-design shirts remind me of the 90's PGA Tour look.  As long as they don't become oversized by 80%, I'm fine with it.  I doubt I will wear any of it, but I don't hate it.  Just not for me, i don't think.

Not everyone can pull off facial hair.  But some of the Tour 'staches are so bad, they are absolutely terrific!  See Max Homa and Joel Dahmen.

Agree on the Ancer vs DJ look... my general feeling is that 90% of what adidas puts out on tour belongs only on tour because it's so bad most of the population should not wear it... except for the footwear... they make great looking shoes, especially the tie-dye Code Chaos

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

3 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Alright after RBC I can see a trend emerging with the "speckled" polo look. I have two examples one I like the other I do not. johnson_dustin06162020.jpeg
First here we have DJ with the Adidas polo that has a 100+ small Adidas logos. Plain and simple not a fan. I appreciate good branding but come on.
abrahamancer.jpeg
The good side of this look is what Abraham Ancer was wearing. Subtle and clean it makes for a good look. And can we also mention how awesome it is that Ancers hat sponsor is a tequila company!

The best part of Ancer's look is that the clothing line is his own and the tequila company is his as well. The kid is smart and I love his story of going through a junior college and progressing through. He gives off that quiet confidence. 

Edited by jayjay0808

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

5 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Abe is also a part owner of Flecha Azul tequila. His clothing at Black Quail brand of which I have two shirts. The tequila is a premium-premium brand and very good. Excellent actually. One of our First Tee board members owns the tequila, the clothing and Wildcat Oil Tools.

https://flechaazultequila.com/

https://blackquailapparel.com/

https://www.wildcatoiltools.com/

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Agree on the Ancer vs DJ look... my general feeling is that 90% of what adidas puts out on tour belongs only on tour because it's so bad most of the population should not wear it... except for the footwear... they make great looking shoes, especially the tie-dye Code Chaos
Yeah a lot of Adidas polos in recent years have been pretty brutal. Way to much going on or just really bad color schemes.

So for the Travelers I am going a little boring but to me it all came down to color scheme for some of the outfits I saw, specifically the Nike polos. 20200629_125752.jpeg I do not like this first example I think the colors make it to busy and you really cannot wear that polo with anything but black pants. GettyImages-1252926446-2.jpeg Our next example is so much better in my opinion its cleaner and sharper. It can also be worn with black, navy, gray or white pants which makes it such a more versatile polo.

Alright from the Rocket Mortgage Classic I really like Viktor Hovlands final day look. From the bright blue pants (my favorite color is blue and those are unique) to the sublimated polo I am a big fan of this look. viktor-hovland-2020-arnold-palmer.jpeg
Now for the second look I feel it's a different move but I thoroughly appreciate it. Peter Malnati was a friend of Jarrod Lyle and I believe he continues the trend of wearing a bucket or yellow hat in his honor. I am a huge fan of this bucket hat, even if it looks a bit strange at the tour level. c579017c1f0c44c197cf4646bbc3c5da.jpeg

Have to admit, not a fan of the speckles! 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

• 4 weeks later...

Alright I know I have been off the past couple of rounds but honestly have had an opportunity to watch and nothing really jumped out. . . Until last weekend! 20200730_161455.jpeg
As the kids like to say, "what are thoooossseee?" I understand these on Rickie but on Bryson while wearing black pants, white shirt and black hat. It's a definite miss. And this is coming from the guy who has been wearing these shoes for the past year+ haha. FJ-FreeStyle-golf-shoe-1.jpeg

Ugly, but they are a special edition to raise money for St. Jude's.

Totally disagree: would love a pair! Not for everyone I’m sure, but to me they’re

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried out the mizzen and main polos?  They've got some additional styles out.  I have a few of the button downs and the quality is nice as well as the fit.  The polos are still  $58 (after coupon code) each which is more than I'd prefer to pay, but will for a shirt that I will wear often.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

• 5 months later...

I must say the grays, navy's and blacks this week sure was the popular colors to wear. Guess all the major brands were holding off on the color pop till the Florida swing, from what I've been seeing from Puma. Though Greyson seems to be flexing there muscles a bit.

I must say the grays, navy's and blacks this week sure was the popular colors to wear. Guess all the major brands were holding off on the color pop till the Florida swing, from what I've been seeing from Puma. Though Greyson seems to be flexing there muscles a bit.

Very Blah.......my cat’s can dress better than that.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Speedzone Extreme (11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

So is one of the editors from Golf.com on their because they started doing the "Fit of the week". For my older members fit stands for outfit. They gave DJ the winner for the week and we will talk about him soon. I feel it's a follow up from last week with just a lot of grays, blue and especially a lot of black. I think it was to fit in with the Genesis Invitational staff. As for the fit they selected.20210222_145107.jpeg love the classic khakis with white shoes and white top (all the naysayers for hoodies will start screaming). I want to give a critique on the Sim2 logo on his hat though, gosh that thing is ugly and I'm honestly shocked Quicksilver or some other surfing brand has not gotten upset.

Totally agree on the SIM hat. Who in god's name designed that thing?

Also, on the khaki front, I think Adidas did well here to move closer to the cream that Nike has sported the last couple of seasons. The curmudgeon in me will not allow a hoodie on the course to look good to my senses. Can't do it. 

DRIVER: PING G400 9.0° 
4 WOOD:  TAYLORMADE M3 17°
HYBRID:  PING G400 19°
IRONS:  PING i500 4-iron / i200 5-PW
WEDGES:  PING GLIDE FORGED 50°, 54°
LOB WEDGE: TAYLORMADE HI-TOE  58°
PUTTER: ODYSSEY STROKE LAB DOUBLE WIDE