tchat07

Tour Clothing Inspiration

Our Sponsors

So I am a big clothing guy and love getting clothing inspiration from the tour events. So I will try and post week to week with what clothes I really liked and probably going to add a few misses in their as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Great topic tchat07, looking forward to commenting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Going to keep it simple in week 1 at the Charles Schwab. The big like for the week was Phil shades, cannot find much info on them (I think they're Callaway) after he missed the weekend but the mirrored look just looked plain great! image.jpeg
The miss for me this week was this outfit from Bryson DeChambeau. 1591904286865.jpeg
First off yes word is he is 2 shirt sizes larger now but I'm leaving that for the swole post. The polo is just awful though, I am going to give the bad, the worst and the ugly! The bad a 3 tone polo with light green on the shoulders, blue stripes in the middle and black on the bottom is poor usage of color and too much going on. The worst is Puma deciding to put horiztonal stripes on the guy who just went up 2 shirts sizes. Thin horiztonal stripes are not meant for the thick bodied. The ugly having the bottom block of the polo black and wearing black pants. Someone said it in another post but from some shots it looks like he is wearing high waisted pants. An awful looking polo flat out.

• Like 4

Concur with both assessments. Sunglasses look good. Hope some post brand/price/link. Well I am not in market for what Bryson was wearing.... Great topic for discussion. This should be fun. 

• Like 3

I agree with Bryson... not a good look... but I feel the same about Phil... I'm not a fan of the sunglasses

WITB

Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow

Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 50º Ping Glide, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Going to keep it simple in week 1 at the Charles Schwab. The big like for the week was Phil shades, cannot find much info on them (I think they're Callaway) after he missed the weekend but the mirrored look just looked plain great! image.jpeg.f82e615523739390891ff49c12e6c25e.jpeg
The miss for me this week was this outfit from Bryson DeChambeau. 1591904286865.jpeg.c5476fe0e237b9975a127aa33b0d6ecd.jpeg
First off yes word is he is 2 shirt sizes larger now but I'm leaving that for the swole post. The polo is just awful though, I am going to give the bad, the worst and the ugly! The bad a 3 tone polo with light green on the shoulders, blue stripes in the middle and black on the bottom is poor usage of color and too much going on. The worst is Puma deciding to put horiztonal stripes on the guy who just went up 2 shirts sizes. Thin horiztonal stripes are not meant for the thick bodied. The ugly having the bottom block of the polo black and wearing black pants. Someone said it in another post but from some shots it looks like he is wearing high waisted pants. An awful looking polo flat out.

thick Bryson!

• Like 1

Driver- Cobra F8+

3-Wood- Cobra F9

Utility Iron- Ping G Crossover 3

Utility Iron- Ping G Crossover 4

Irons- Cobra F8 One Length 5-G

Wedges- TM Milled grind 54* and 58*

Putter- Tommy Armour Impact No3 CB

I agree with Bryson... not a good look... but I feel the same about Phil... I'm not a fan of the sunglasses
Do you just not like the shades or do you not the shades on Phil haha

• Haha 1

Justin Rose always looking stylish. Also the mustache gang with Koepka, Fowler, Wolff, Homa, and maybe more is in full effect right now (not necessarily clothing, but does effect their appearance).  

In case you forgot about the biggest fairway fashion trends during the break, Justin Rose reminded us that prints are all the rage. Rose teed it up in two summery prints over the weekend. Both would make for stylish last-minute Father’s Day gifts. Hint, hint.

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

18 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Justin Rose always looking stylish. Also the mustache gang with Koepka, Fowler, Wolff, Homa, and maybe more is in full effect right now (not necessarily clothing, but does effect their appearance).  

In case you forgot about the biggest fairway fashion trends during the break, Justin Rose reminded us that prints are all the rage. Rose teed it up in two summery prints over the weekend. Both would make for stylish last-minute Father’s Day gifts. Hint, hint.

I wish he would unbutton that top button. Great looking shirts, but having shirts buttoned all the way up looks bad.

• Like 2

4_JustinRose.jpg
Definitely agree Rose comes out with some sharp gear. Yeah the mustache move is . . . Interesting. I want to see Tiger or Phil rock a stache hahah

• Like 1

I wish he would unbutton that top button. Great looking shirts, but having shirts buttoned all the way up looks bad.
Agreed not a huge fan of that look unless you have a vest or quarter zip over top, sometimes for the right person it makes it work.

Alright after RBC I can see a trend emerging with the "speckled" polo look. I have two examples one I like the other I do not. johnson_dustin06162020.jpeg
First here we have DJ with the Adidas polo that has a 100+ small Adidas logos. Plain and simple not a fan. I appreciate good branding but come on.
abrahamancer.jpeg
The good side of this look is what Abraham Ancer was wearing. Subtle and clean it makes for a good look. And can we also mention how awesome it is that Ancers hat sponsor is a tequila company!

• Like 4

Alright after RBC I can see a trend emerging with the "speckled" polo look. I have two examples one I like the other I do not.

I like them both: I think Rahm was wearing something similar...

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

Phil isn't wearing those shades for pleasure.  Like the Mizzen+Main button-down shirts from a few years ago, he's doing it for wads of cash.  Not to mention, they look like something from a truck-stop dollar bin or some Kardashian garbage on TV.  I can't decide which.  Either way,  I'm not a fan! 

The speckled and multi-design shirts remind me of the 90's PGA Tour look.  As long as they don't become oversized by 80%, I'm fine with it.  I doubt I will wear any of it, but I don't hate it.  Just not for me, i don't think.

Not everyone can pull off facial hair.  But some of the Tour 'staches are so bad, they are absolutely terrific!  See Max Homa and Joel Dahmen.

Agree on the Ancer vs DJ look... my general feeling is that 90% of what adidas puts out on tour belongs only on tour because it's so bad most of the population should not wear it... except for the footwear... they make great looking shoes, especially the tie-dye Code Chaos

WITB

Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow

Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 50º Ping Glide, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Alright after RBC I can see a trend emerging with the "speckled" polo look. I have two examples one I like the other I do not. johnson_dustin06162020.jpeg
First here we have DJ with the Adidas polo that has a 100+ small Adidas logos. Plain and simple not a fan. I appreciate good branding but come on.
abrahamancer.jpeg
The good side of this look is what Abraham Ancer was wearing. Subtle and clean it makes for a good look. And can we also mention how awesome it is that Ancers hat sponsor is a tequila company!

The best part of Ancer's look is that the clothing line is his own and the tequila company is his as well. The kid is smart and I love his story of going through a junior college and progressing through. He gives off that quiet confidence. 

Edited by jayjay0808
  • Like 1

In my bag:

Driver: :honma: TR20 460 9.5* Vizard TR20 60X

Wood: :mizuno-small: ST200 TS Dimana D+PLUS Limited Edition 70X

Hybrids: :mizuno-small: CLK 19* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX

Irons: :honma: TW 747 Rose Proto 4-PW Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: :honma: TW-W4 52*, 56*, and 60*Modus Tour 125 Wedge 

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

5 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Abe is also a part owner of Flecha Azul tequila. His clothing at Black Quail brand of which I have two shirts. The tequila is a premium-premium brand and very good. Excellent actually. One of our First Tee board members owns the tequila, the clothing and Wildcat Oil Tools.

https://flechaazultequila.com/

https://blackquailapparel.com/

https://www.wildcatoiltools.com/

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Agree on the Ancer vs DJ look... my general feeling is that 90% of what adidas puts out on tour belongs only on tour because it's so bad most of the population should not wear it... except for the footwear... they make great looking shoes, especially the tie-dye Code Chaos
Yeah a lot of Adidas polos in recent years have been pretty brutal. Way to much going on or just really bad color schemes.

• Like 1

So for the Travelers I am going a little boring but to me it all came down to color scheme for some of the outfits I saw, specifically the Nike polos. 20200629_125752.jpeg I do not like this first example I think the colors make it to busy and you really cannot wear that polo with anything but black pants. GettyImages-1252926446-2.jpeg Our next example is so much better in my opinion its cleaner and sharper. It can also be worn with black, navy, gray or white pants which makes it such a more versatile polo.

• Like 1