Jump to content

Dougie's re-Freshed pushcart


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

My Tour Trek pushcart has seen better days.  

The cable holding the wheel bracing together snapped.  Rubbing and tension caused it to break right at a coupling.  

20200527_161127.jpg.0cb7c58acdee98316d2daac22871db52.jpg

20200527_161133.jpg.0175e95e2d14d4ec79ee4aff96fb846b.jpg

 

The cable was looped back and coupled to itself to be held on by a bolt.  

 

I was able to un-solder and remove an eye hole like connector from some test cables I never used.  Forgive me for not knowing the names of these doohickeys, as I am an engineer and don't actually know anything practical 🤣🤣🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

20200527_161844.jpg.74f5a72914ad2a3745a2033366946314.jpg

20200611_183101.jpg.b59b016fa1d86d2e164af3063f3b41d0.jpg

 

But I do know how to solder... kindof.  It was good enough to hold.  🙂

 

20200611_184044.jpg.5ca312dbe563d4d68212d53bd456b353.jpg

20200611_184656.jpg.648cd1f55f26eef2d43d004309f0760e.jpg

That connector is now bent around the corner of the square tube from the tension.  Hopefully it holds. 

I did a little zip tying of some other spots where bolts fell out until I can get to the hardware store.  So far she is tighter than before and working good.  

20200611_184710.jpg.ac99234a2222a1512c4561f613e8f3d7.jpg

I also discovered that swapping rear wheels restored my failed brake!  🙂

 

20200611_190446.jpg.c7c168cdf7cad96e0582a2a6f580aca7.jpg

20200611_190458.jpg.34dcf249ed9c5ef036e972cd688958ab.jpg

 

Stay tuned.  I may start a pushcart repair service since it costs like $350 to replace these right now 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

 

 

  • Like 9

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😢

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:cobra-small:  King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 5-PW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

 

2019: Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  

2020: Testing SkyCaddie LX5 Watch 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, knightsofnii said:

My Tour Trek pushcart has seen better days.  

The cable holding the wheel bracing together snapped.  Rubbing and tension caused it to break right at a coupling.  

20200527_161127.jpg.0cb7c58acdee98316d2daac22871db52.jpg

20200527_161133.jpg.0175e95e2d14d4ec79ee4aff96fb846b.jpg

 

The cable was looped back and coupled to itself to be held on by a bolt.  

 

I was able to un-solder and remove an eye hole like connector from some test cables I never used.  Forgive me for not knowing the names of these doohickeys, as I am an engineer and don't actually know anything practical 🤣🤣🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

20200527_161844.jpg.74f5a72914ad2a3745a2033366946314.jpg

20200611_183101.jpg.b59b016fa1d86d2e164af3063f3b41d0.jpg

 

But I do know how to solder... kindof.  It was good enough to hold.  🙂

 

20200611_184044.jpg.5ca312dbe563d4d68212d53bd456b353.jpg

20200611_184656.jpg.648cd1f55f26eef2d43d004309f0760e.jpg

That connector is now bent around the corner of the square tube from the tension.  Hopefully it holds. 

I did a little zip tying of some other spots where bolts fell out until I can get to the hardware store.  So far she is tighter than before and working good.  

20200611_184710.jpg.ac99234a2222a1512c4561f613e8f3d7.jpg

I also discovered that swapping rear wheels restored my failed brake!  🙂

 

20200611_190446.jpg.c7c168cdf7cad96e0582a2a6f580aca7.jpg

 

Stay tuned.  I may start a pushcart repair service since it costs like $350 to replace these right now 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

 

 

Looks like a great job and the photography is remarkable too.  I would have also put the wire end around the screw/bolt head (Clockwise wrap) and tightened it down to include the cable itself in taking the tension load so it just isn't the solder weld you're relying on. 

This is inspiring me to take photos of a project I just did on my son's pull cart to stop his stand bag from spinning under the straps to keep it in a legs-down orientation regardless of how much the cart is jostled over the terrain.  

Edited by EasyPutter
incorrect word changed meaning of statement

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 this summer) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge, Lovett 59* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: foster orphans (OnCore for PuttUp Review)   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Looks like a great job and the photography is remarkable too.  I would have also put the wire end round the screw/bolt head (Clockwise wrap) and tightened it down to include the cable itself in taking the tension load so it just isn't the solder weld you're relying on. 

This is inspiring me to take photos of a project I just did on my son's pull cart to stop his stand bag from spinning under the straps to keep it in a legs-down orientation regardless of how much the cart is jostled over the terrain.  

thanks!   I didn't feel there was enough wire to wrap around the bolt as you suggest.   It will make it around the bolt but there's not enough to twist up onto itself.  The eye connector is also crimped over the wire.  Solder is just a little insurance and is definitely not strong enough on its own.

If it fails I can get some new cable/wire or something.  

 

Oooo I want to know about this anti-spin feature.   That's something I'd love to rig to the bag itself, it's always spinning round round like a record in the power cart. 

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😢

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:cobra-small:  King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 5-PW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

 

2019: Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  

2020: Testing SkyCaddie LX5 Watch 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

thanks!   I didn't feel there was enough wire to wrap around the bolt as you suggest.   It will make it around the bolt but there's not enough to twist up onto itself.  

If it fails I can get some new cable/wire or something.  

 

Oooo I want to know about this anti-spin feature.   That's something I'd love to rig to the bag itself, it's always spinning round round like a record in the power cart. 

Simple idea actually, used foam insulation like for sealing around air conditioner and split plastic tubing as a load bearing material with a stainless steel hose clamp on the upper bag support. Placed inside the legs it keeps the top of the bag centered and the strap holding the bag to it keeps everything locked together.  The lower support is just 2 angle brackets, with plastic tubing to prevent scratches or damage to the leg push rods near the base plate, so lateral movement isn't possible.  Will tail off the excess when I get that round tuit.

20200616_082704_resized.jpg

20200616_082746_resized.jpg

20200616_082502_resized.jpg

20200616_082516_resized.jpg

20200616_082606_resized.jpg

  • Love 1

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 this summer) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge, Lovett 59* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: foster orphans (OnCore for PuttUp Review)   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

awesome!!!

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😢

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:cobra-small:  King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 5-PW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

 

2019: Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  

2020: Testing SkyCaddie LX5 Watch 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man O Man 4 stars for the Redneck Engineering on here Easy Putter exactly to a tee how I would do it.

Now for the fact about pull carts being scarce and expensive one guy on WRX converted a 3 wheel push baby stroller into a push cart.  The grand thing about that is he only gave I think he said $5 at Good Will for it. We did not have any walking restrictions here but I have been reading about other areas of the country.  

  • Like 1

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Man O Man 4 stars for the Redneck Engineering on here Easy Putter exactly to a tee how I would do it.

Now for the fact about pull carts being scarce and expensive one guy on WRX converted a 3 wheel push baby stroller into a push cart.  The grand thing about that is he only gave I think he said $5 at Good Will for it. We did not have any walking restrictions here but I have been reading about other areas of the country.  

Thanks Big Stu, that pull cart was Roadside Supply from a neighbor a few years back, the upper bracket weld broke a couple years ago and the first fix didn't hold so grinded off the first try mess and went for the heavy brackets and bolts you can see that came off a busted gear puller.  Total cost of the repair was about $8 in hose clamps and angle brackets, the rest onhand materials.  Anybody can pay top dollar to golf, I'm all about going the other route. 

Currently working on a phone mount on my Clicgear 3.5+ push cart from the same approach. What do you think?

20200616_111904_resized.jpg

Edited by EasyPutter
  • Love 1

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 this summer) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge, Lovett 59* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: foster orphans (OnCore for PuttUp Review)   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Thanks Big Stu, that pull cart was Roadside Supply from a neighbor a few years back, the upper bracket weld broke a couple years ago and the first fix didn't hold so grinded off the first try mess and went for the heavy brackets and bolts you can see that came off a busted gear puller.  Total cost of the repair was about $8 in hose clamps and angle brackets, the rest onhand materials.  Anybody can pay top dollar to golf, I'm all about going the other route. 

Currently working on a phone mount on my Clicgear 3.5+ push cart from the same approach. What do you think?

20200616_111904_resized.jpg

By golly love it--- Yep I do golf stuff as cheap as I can and know all about roadside supply---- Also a big fan of Goodwill Golf Supply and the scrapyard I did work at---- My favorite golf clothes outlet is also Goodwill Clothing Store--- I had a bud of mine just as thrifty as I am ( honestly another cheap SOB like me) we used to et clubss and bags from either the scrap pile where I work or at Goodwill. Some of the guys on this end of the beach called us the Salvation Army Team. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy Putter I was looking at your equipment list and loved it. If I saw that at the bag drop I would say you are a hustler. That is truly a mixed bag

  • Like 1

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BIG STU said:

By golly love it--- Yep I do golf stuff as cheap as I can and know all about roadside supply---- Also a big fan of Goodwill Golf Supply and the scrapyard I did work at---- My favorite golf clothes outlet is also Goodwill Clothing Store--- I had a bud of mine just as thrifty as I am ( honestly another cheap SOB like me) we used to et clubss and bags from either the scrap pile where I work or at Goodwill. Some of the guys on this end of the beach called us the Salvation Army Team. 

I know those places, also AMVETS Golf Clubs & More! Also church rummage sales, garage sales, anywhere previously owned golf equipment is found, neglected and ignored.  It's like a rescue for those experienced clubs and such that need, nay deserve a good home.  

  • Like 1

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 this summer) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge, Lovett 59* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: foster orphans (OnCore for PuttUp Review)   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Easy Putter I was looking at your equipment list and loved it. If I saw that at the bag drop I would say you are a hustler. That is truly a mixed bag

Gets better, was in a special golfing store with "hardware" in the name on the weekend, picked up a couple alignment sticks to work on my swing practice.  The short driveway markers, I mean alignment sticks were in orange and yellow and with change back on a fiver for 2 of them, my bag has yellow ones now and looks the owner cares about the game.  And that's true actually, had a guy from Ohio pull his sticks out last year while we were playing "together" at Chautauqua Golf Course to demonstrate something he was trying to explain about his swing.

Hustler? I have no idea what you are talking about.

  • Haha 1

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 this summer) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge, Lovett 59* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: foster orphans (OnCore for PuttUp Review)   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Gets better, was in a special golfing store with "hardware" in the name on the weekend, picked up a couple alignment sticks to work on my swing practice.  The short driveway markers, I mean alignment sticks were in orange and yellow and with change back on a fiver for 2 of them, my bag has yellow ones now and looks the owner cares about the game.  And that's true actually, had a guy from Ohio pull his sticks out last year while we were playing "together" at Chautauqua Golf Course to demonstrate something he was trying to explain about his swing.

Hustler? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Yeah man I have some of those Home Depot tour issue alignment sticks oh I mean driveway markers. what I did on the top end was pull a couple of Vacuum block off caps on a couple of wrecks on the yard and epoxy them on. Mine are still the stock orange and white

  • Like 1

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...