TESTERS WANTED! ×

FlightPath Golf Tees

I saw a few ads for the FlightPath golf tees and saw a few short PGA Show reviews and decided to buy a few of them. I had some mixed results this weekend and it will require further testing. I put the tee in play for 5 holes and in 2 of them the ball cam out in the direction of the arrow at the front of the tee. The other 3 times the tee spun and my ball spun in the direction the tee ended up facing possibly due to bad contact or because I play a mini driver and they may be designed for a full size driver head. 

Just wondering if anyone else has tried these and what has your experience been?

flightpathtee.jpg

Driver:  default_taylormade-small.jpg Original One Mini Driver 11.5° (Diamana F 64g S-Flex)

3-Wood: default_taylormade-small.jpg RBZ 2 Tour 14.5°

3-Iron:  :nike-small: Forged Pro Combo (2006) 

4-PW, SW: default_callaway-small.jpgSteelhead XR 16

54° & 58°:default_titelist-small.jpg Vokey Wedges

Putter:   Image result for yes putter logo Callie

I tried one because I found one. Did not see any different from normal. My misses were the same and my bombs were the same. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

Tour pros use standard tees and considering how much the pros are willing to tinker in hopes of discovering any advantage, I'll trust that they're correct on this one. Besides, if you're hitting up on the ball like most would want to with a driver, then I'm not sure what a millimeter or two of "lip" would do to disrupt the natural flight of the golf ball which is up and forward.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

@TR1PTIK I just looked up tee regulations and these tee's would not be conforming. I did notice that a few long drive competitors use them, so maybe there is a smidgen of truth to their marketing... just like everyone else. 

Driver:  default_taylormade-small.jpg Original One Mini Driver 11.5° (Diamana F 64g S-Flex)

3-Wood: default_taylormade-small.jpg RBZ 2 Tour 14.5°

3-Iron:  :nike-small: Forged Pro Combo (2006) 

4-PW, SW: default_callaway-small.jpgSteelhead XR 16

54° & 58°:default_titelist-small.jpg Vokey Wedges

Putter:   Image result for yes putter logo Callie

• 1 month later...

@SimonBazas We clearly need a "Most Wanted Tee" test.

*Equipment Free Agent*

:callaway-small:    Rogue 10.5° - Aldila Synergy 50 Stiff

:callaway-small:    Rogue 17° 4 wood - Aldila Synergy 60 Stiff

:ping-small:   G25 20° Hybrid - TFC 189 R-Flex

:mizuno-small:    JPX 900 Hot Metal 5-PW - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite Steel

:cleveland-small:    RTX-4 50°, 54°, 58° - 9° Bounce - Dynamic Gold S400

:taylormade-small:   TP Z Milled 56° SW - 12° Bounce - KBS Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:   TP Black Copper Collection Ardmore 3 - Super Stroke Pistol GT Tour 1.0 Putter Grip - Jumbo

:titelist-small:  TOUR SOFT or Pro V1X

GARMIN - APPROACH S60 GPS WATCH

• 10 months later...

Loved it til I lost it.  I found a flightpath tee while I was golfing with a friend.  It looked odd and I had to angle it backwards a bit when pushing it into the ground to get the ball to stay on the tee.  It fell off when the tee was standing straight up. I usually use an unbreakable martini tee, so the set up looked real different.  Then I hit my first drive off the flightpath tee.  It traveled noticeably farther than my normal drives. This continued to be the case as I and my friend marveled at the flight.  When you look up these tees, they say they are “approved”, but I don’t believe they are legal for tournament play as they do indicate the direction in which you are hitting. Love them, but probably going to pass on purchasing them as I think I might get DQ’d for use during competition.  

WITB: Callaway X24 Hot Irons 4-PW, Callaway S2H2 60 wedge, Callaway FT-I Driver (The Biscuit), PING G25 3 & 5 Woods, Bettinardi Center Shaft putter.  Play Titleist ProV1 & ProV1x, Callaway Chrome Soft, various Bridgestones balls.

If you want to hit the ball further, use 4" regular tees (the max allowable height). This will allow you to increase your angle of attack which should reduce spin and is the single biggest setup change you can make to hit driver farther. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

On 6/28/2021 at 4:50 PM, JoeCoolGolf said:

but I don’t believe they are legal for tournament play as they do indicate the direction in which you are hitting

I'd be interested in seeing the USGA or R&A reaction to this.  Once your ball is on the tee, you won't see the tee, so they might not be considered to indicate direction.  It would be like putting an arrow on the inside cup of a regular tee.  Its interesting to see the claim that the conform to the rules of golf, which prohibit a tee that unduly influences the movement of the ball.  My best guess is that the ARE legal because the do NOT do anything any other tee does, other than separate the golfer from a bit more of his money.  Holy F, $19.99 for a 1-pack!

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

• 2 years later...

The golfing world is filled with gimmicks.  But it is filled with a lot more players who are looking for an extra what….10-15 yards?

Too much side spine?…learn the correct grip and swing mechanics. Solid lessons or reading up on swing execution or gripping, etc, will likely go a lot farther in improving your game than some flashy ‘thing’.

• 2 weeks later...

Flightpath Golf is a scam! They take your money and don’t deliver the product! The internet is littered with similar reports. The scam is simple. The product is priced low enough so customers will not take action when they realize they have been ripped off. Scam!!!

Check Mr. Short Game’s test of tees on YouTube here. You’ll love the winner.

Stay on Target!    94602_x-wing_512x512.png.e6fd366aa256fea54f342bdfaa860cb7.png

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0811X Gen 4 Driver

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0311XF Gen 5 Fairway 4 Wood

Maltby KE4 TC HyWay Utility Wood

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Irons (LW - 7)

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Hybrids (4, 5, 6)

image.png.0d2df83eb1bcf82eb1adec6302909991.png    MEZZ.1 Putter (2022 tester)

image.png.43257b3b93a88cb87b3dfc1ae39a025a.png  Tour Ball X