Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Help with identifying

I wanted to know if anyone could help me out by telling me about Harrison golf shafts. I bought some a few years back but just trying to identify them. The have a sticker on them that reads “ The longest Driving shafts” with a number “IS2”. Just wondering if they are for irons or a driver. Thanks!

Edited by Shanker1

Picture and shaft material would help. Did a quick google search an found Harrison part number HS-1S3 which is a steel iron shaft.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

58 minutes ago, Shanker1 said:

I wanted to know if anyone could help me out by telling me about Harrison golf shafts. I bought some a few years back but just trying to identify them. The have a sticker on them that reads “ The longest Driving shafts” with a number “IS2”. Just wondering if they are for irons or a driver. Thanks!

Would ideally like to see pic and specifically the tip, but I think Harrison IS2 were combo flex steel shafts that had long parallel tip section for trimming to multiple flexes.

In other words, one shaft like the IS2 could be tip trimmed to play regular or firm/stiff. But I am not 100% positive.

I use to buy these several years ago for using in test clubs. Hopefully others will post more information.

I believe Harrison has a FB page so you might could post a question there. Good luck.

I agree that it was probably a parallel tip iron shaft, but IS2 was  L/A flex I think. Reg/Firm would be IS3. There were a number of shafts with the generic white label on the butt "Harrison - the longest driving shafts" etc,  including steel and graphite. Some codes would even be (confusingly) I52 - which equated to senior flex graphite like the Star Plus.

But I'd put money on L flex steel iron shaft with .370" tip and overall length of 40" for the IS2. 

Found this information on old Ebay listing. I do remember these shafts. Who knows if the labels are consistent. See below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEN-10-NEW-UNCUT-HARRISON-REGULAR-FIRM-FLEX-STEEL-SHAFTS-43-1-2-034-/164151167856?nma=true&si=TFBcdz0VsL7Lymv9gdCvKm5yi5M%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Manufacturer: Harrison

Manufacturer ID Nos: IS2

Shaft Material: Steel

Flex: R/F

Length: 43-1/2”

Tip Diameter: .34”

Butt Diameter: .59”

Condition: New un-cut

image.png.6bb48d42587fba16aa4032bd8e7c6e8e.png

• 1 year later...
On 6/17/2020 at 2:21 PM, aerospace_ray said:

Found this information on old Ebay listing. I do remember these shafts. Who knows if the labels are consistent. See below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEN-10-NEW-UNCUT-HARRISON-REGULAR-FIRM-FLEX-STEEL-SHAFTS-43-1-2-034-/164151167856?nma=true&si=TFBcdz0VsL7Lymv9gdCvKm5yi5M%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Manufacturer: Harrison

Manufacturer ID Nos: IS2

Shaft Material: Steel

Flex: R/F

Length: 43-1/2”

Tip Diameter: .34”

Butt Diameter: .59”

Condition: New un-cut

image.png.6bb48d42587fba16aa4032bd8e7c6e8e.png

Hi sorry I'm abit late but recently bought a "Harrison long drive graphite shaft" with a Warrior 7.5* head, I can't launch this driver maybe for a number of reasons one is it's 46.5 playing length. I've tried to find information online but with no added info on the shaft I've not found anything, has anyone else had used a Harrison shaft I'd appreciate any information. Cheers Colin 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…