Our Sponsors

On 12/24/2020 at 11:33 PM, Tom D. said:

I thought I read somewhere that ShotScope was working on adding Strokes Gained to their data analysis, but have not seen anything yet.  I still have V2. 

Don't think I'd ever want to futz with Arccos if you have to Macgyver something - THAT'S THE JOB of the product engineers, NOT the user, sorry no sale.

The macgyver was a small hole drilled in the link belt clip that allowed me to pass a small “so I won’t lose the link once and for all time” mod.  Yes, the macgyver thing shouldn’t be necessary but it seems like they didn’t consider that a golfer may be wearing a jacket and the link (belt Clipped to your belt)  needs to see the sky - that’s the oversight for me. But to be fair, it beats “phone in front pocket” by miles - as long as you live in warm climates, don’t ever wear anything over a golf shirt ....

yes, I have seen a few mark crossfield YouTube videos from the UK - shotscope is based in Scotland if memory serves - and he said they’ve told him that SG is in the way.

I was wondering if SG has a licence fee to use which exposes Arccos, shotscope etc on cost - that could explain the relatively fast move by Arccos to move to a subscription model  - shotscope has no such model, yet, but that’s my hypothesis 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

That was also one of my complaints - with all the discrete (individual) shot data recorded and stored, I felt the data presentations could have been a LOT more flexible and comprehensive.... Another option could've been to provide an Excel download.

But.. as I understand it, they are continually improving the product .. and incorporating user feedback .. so maybe V4 is enhanced vs V3?

Shotscope has partnered with a UK group (Calculus) that creates training plans based on Shotscope data so that’s a profit based approach to the data-leads-to-improvement-plan issue.  I found some PDF “plans” on the shotscope site that demonstrated how to build your own plan on the data  - not terribly helpful for me - personally I’d pay for an analysis layer that helps me decipher the data by making suggestions etc.

I know where I’m not very effective - so that’s obvious to fix, but I don’t know how much it impacts my scoring ability  - that’s where SG would shine.  Similarly I have a sense where I’m pretty good and likewise I don’t know how much of a benefit this is for me in scoring. And for the junk in between, who knows 🤭🤭

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...

Update. Shotscope just released an update for the phone app that now includes the Strokes Gained feature. Just go to your app provider and download the update.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

6 hours ago, MattF said:

Update. Shotscope just released an update for the phone app that now includes the Strokes Gained feature. Just go to your app provider and download the update.

On it now! I wonder if it takes your past data and analyzes or only for new data after the update?

• Like 1

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max D 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 70g 6.0 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Rangefinder : TecTecTec ULT-X

Pushcart : Currently Testing Motocaddy M5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.7

8 hours ago, golfish! said:

On it now! I wonder if it takes your past data and analyzes or only for new data after the update?

I haven’t played since November - winter in Toronto - and it shows SG stats  for me going back a full year so it seems like it’s applied to previous shot  data - I’m very happy to see this addition as it was the big gap for me 

• Like 3

I have played about 20 rounds with shot scope v3 with tags. A couple observations.

I am not a practice swing guy at all.  It totally messed with my mechanics.  

Maybe this is why I have so many missed shots.  Some rounds I get 1 or two missed shots. Other especially when its really cold, I get so many missed shots it not worth looking at. 

2. Swapping clubs present some serious confusion. In performance tabs.  Mine where so screwed up, I just deleted all rounds and am starting over.  I am going to start  carrying club from  cart to ball swinging it around a bit in hopes it wakes up and recognizes club.  The problem is for this to.work properly. It requires a little attention, you have to look at watch to make sure it recognizes tag prior to taking shot. 

Also pin collect is pain in the ass.  You really have to stop, and press the button next to number of puts while standing next to pin.  I often times remember pin collect when either in cart or on way back to cart.  Tgere should be some sort of audie chirp or something after 2 puts reminding you to collect pin. 

I want to love this product. But right now I feel like it requires too much attention.  

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9.0 driver, aldila rogue white 130msi 70x

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 3w and 5w

Aldila rogue white 130 msi 70s

Callaway Mavrik 7w

aldila rogue white 130msi 70S

Mizuno JPX-919 hot metal 

5-lw, tt tour new concept x1 shafts

Odessey triple track 7 putter.

17 hours ago, golfish! said:

It's got all of mine going back to 2019 since I started using Shot Scope.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!