TESTERS WANTED! ×

DeChambeau Hulkster

Wondergiulio

What you guys think of Hulk like Bryson?

Honestyly, he seems ugly but I am impressed by his mobility. The guy can still turn...

He is hitting 60% fairways but hitting from the rough 30yds further is still an advantage I feel.

opinions?

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

I feel like he overbulked. About two months ago he showed a video hitting 200 mph ball speed and he looks noticeably leaner in that video. But it seems like he decided to hit the bulk even harder and over the last two months and i don't know how much further he is hitting it with that 2 month weight gain.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

11 minutes ago, Wondergiulio said:

What you guys think of Hulk like Bryson?

Honestyly, he seems ugly but I am impressed by his mobility. The guy can still turn...

He is hitting 60% fairways but hitting from the rough 30yds further is still an advantage I feel.

opinions?

He has achieved what he set out to do.  Build up to swing faster and still maintain flexibility.   

He is simply bombing the ball and statistically the closer to the hole you get the "easier" it is to score well.  Going to be interesting to watch and see how it plays out.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

He has achieved what he set out to do.  Build up to swing faster and still maintain flexibility.   

He is simply bombing the ball and statistically the closer to the hole you get the "easier" it is to score well.  Going to be interesting to watch and see how it plays out.  

Exactly. He set a goal, developed a plan, worked at the plan, is achieving the goal. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

His bulking has been discussed in this thread for awhile

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I think with this the "roll back the ball" people are going to finally push the cart over the edge.   Even though he didn't win the thing, he still rattled the establishment by blowing drives over the corners of the doglegs at the hallowed Colonial.   And he wasn't the only one. 

This morning on Golf Central, (maybe it was taped from yesterday), Tripp Isenhour was lobbying for ball changes, a ball that spins sideways more on off-centered hits.    

They can call it the "Spinner", comes in white, orange and optic yellow.  Maybe with a GPS chip so we can find it in the nice lady's flower bed. Can't wait.

I'll be intested to see how long he can keep this up.  If you look at what he is eating, how much he is working out and how much he has to practice golf; it doesnt leave time for much else.  It may have worked fine during quarantine and when all this was new but when the new wears off and this becomes routine and he has to find a way to make it a lifestyle; I just dont know that he can keep it up.

IMO, he will probably go the route that Tiger, Rory and Brooks have, in that they grew tired of all the working out and got tired of being hurt all the time and eventually stopped trying to bulk and just tried to get lean and reach a healthy weight that they can maintain and that is practical for the rest of their life.

If you look at his diet, he may want to look up a good cardiologist too because he's headed for a heart attack by age 40.  If you believe the Bridgestone Twitter post, he eats something like 6 strips of bacon, 3 eggs and 2 protein shakes just for breakfast.  Id imagine his lunch or dinner is probably something like chicken breast and rice, which is quite bland.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I was skeptical, but I think he’s a better golfer after the bulk up/added club speed. His mechanics are ugly but he’s also automatic with everything except for around the green. It’ll be interesting to watch, but he’ll be a fedex leader if he stays in the top 10 the way he has so far.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

It’s the classic “guy who never lifted, gets addicted to the mirror” seen it all the time. But I would say as long as he keeps his mobility is fun to watch. I went through the same thing my freshman year or college. I was moved from SS to 1st/3rd and was told to bulk up for power. 2 years of muscle milk and deadlifts lead to lots of power and now lots of knee pain! Lol He probably isn’t skipping the stretching though 🧐

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

18 minutes ago, Grit Golf said:

I was skeptical, but I think he’s a better golfer after the bulk up/added club speed. His mechanics are ugly but he’s also automatic with everything except for around the green. It’ll be interesting to watch, but he’ll be a fedex leader if he stays in the top 10 the way he has so far.

By his own admission he didn’t pay any golf during the break so around the greens he may struggle for a bit but I’m betting he’s going to start making them soon

10 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

It’s the classic “guy who never lifted, gets addicted to the mirror” seen it all the time. But I would say as long as he keeps his mobility is fun to watch. I went through the same thing my freshman year or college. I was moved from SS to 1st/3rd and was told to bulk up for power. 2 years of muscle milk and deadlifts lead to lots of power and now lots of knee pain! Lol He probably isn’t skipping the stretching though 🧐

I don’t think he’s worried about the mirror. He’s not looking to be aesthetic and was looking to bulk. He is definitely not missing the stretching and his workouts are specific to his goal and to help his golf game. Look up the golf channel swing expedition episodes he did with Chris Cuomo that dive into his workouts. 

Im not a fan of his or some of the silly comments he made early on the process about this chase but when it comes to what he did and why and the results he has successfully reached his goal 

8 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

By his own admission he didn’t pay any golf during the break so around the greens he may struggle for a bit but I’m betting he’s going to start making them soon

I don’t think he’s worried about the mirror. He’s not looking to be aesthetic and was looking to bulk. He is definitely not missing the stretching and his workouts are specific to his goal and to help his golf game. Look up the golf channel swing expedition episodes he did with Chris Cuomo that dive into his workouts. 

Im not a fan of his or some of the silly comments he made early on the process about this chase but when it comes to what he did and why and the results he has successfully reached his goal 

At one point about 6 months back he was calling out Koepka for not having abs. I think he is getting addicted to the mirror.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

18 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

At one point about 6 months back he was calling out Koepka for not having abs. I think he is getting addicted to the mirror.

Bryson is known to bust balls and be sarcastic. If he was even slightly concerned about the mirror he would have gone about his bulking in a different way with a longer slower bulk to avoid adding too much fat over muscle. His goal is mass and he wanted it in a short period of time. 

I agree, he’s still vain, but I think his vanity is the reflection in the launch monitor, not the mirror.

He wants to win, and even though the guy bounces from inspiring to annoying the **** out of me, nobody can say he isn’t out there to compete and win.

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

IMO, all this additional bulk is going to wreck havoc on his body. Do we remember when Tiger Woods bulked up? It started with the knee and ended with spinal fusion. By the end of the season Bryson DeChambeau's lower back and elbow will be barking like the chihuahua on 15 in the middle of your putt for eagle.

You wish you hit like a girl!

1 hour ago, hawkfdc said:

IMO, all this additional bulk is going to wreck havoc on his body. Do we remember when Tiger Woods bulked up? It started with the knee and ended with spinal fusion. By the end of the season Bryson DeChambeau's lower back and elbow will be barking like the chihuahua on 15 in the middle of your putt for eagle.

Tigers issue wasn’t the bulking but rather the type and amount of training he did. He ran a lot and a lot of that running was done in combat boots which aren’t good for your knees and feet.  His swing and the torque he put on his front leg was not helpful. Also the way he swing the driver leads to hip stalling and that’s not good for the back...Bradley Hughes talks about this and how the modern day swing is a problem, he has videos showing they why. 

2 hours ago, hawkfdc said:

also tiger admitted it was the running that ruined his body

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/tiger-woods-says-exercise-early-his-career-destroyed-his-body

Didnt Tiger work out hard? Swing hard? And look what happened to him. Lost at least a few good years.
Rory hit the weights and lost some touch. Just from those two examples , i think you can definitely take it too far.
It will be interesting to see how Bryson does this week. If he lets the "kraken" lose, can he keep it in the fairway? Even if he can muscle it out of the rough, he'll get fliers and thats no good.
Besides all that he just doesn't look healthy. Yes hes big but he looks bloated. Something about how he carries the weight looks off. Just my opinion for what its worth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 minute ago, adog said:

Didnt Tiger work out hard? Swing hard? And look what happened to him. Lost at least a few good years.
Rory hit the weights and lost some touch. Just from those two examples , i think you can definitely take it too far.
It will be interesting to see how Bryson does this week. If he lets the "kraken" lose, can he keep it in the fairway? Even if he can muscle it out of the rough, he'll get fliers and thats no good.
Besides all that he just doesn't look healthy. Yes hes big but he looks bloated. Something about how he carries the weight looks off. Just my opinion for what its worth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You missed the post right above yours talking about tiger and what he feels led to his problems. It was the amount of running he did, not the strength/resistance training. 

• 3 weeks later...

After some time for reflection I think that DeChambeau bulked up so that he could take Koepka in a fight. :)

We will never be able to answer the question but did Tiger win more because he worked out hard than he would have had he not lost some time by hitting it so hard in parts of his regiment?

Personally I think it’s the former.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD