TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hooked on Srixon!

I've played a ton of golf this year (even with a 6-week COVID-19 hiatus), and early on I decided that 2020 was going to be the year I found the best ball for my game.  I used to just play whatever I could get that was cheap (i.e., <$20/dozen), regardless of brand loyalty.  So earlier this year I bought and tried Titleist Tour Soft, Callaway ERC Soft, TaylorMade Tour Response, and some Titleist ProV1s.  I had played ProV1s before, but only when I found them because I was too cheap to pay $4 per ball.  I ended up finding a deal on LetGo where I got 5 dozen for $25/dozen, so I couldn't turn that down.

Despite me wanting to love the ProV1s, I only hit them okay.  So when I saw Srixon balls were BOGO for Father's Day, I decided to buy a few dozen ZStars and ZStars XV.  After playing each for a round or two, I am absolutely smitten.  So smitten that I sold the 3 dozen ProV1s that I had left over and hadn't marked and used the money I got to buy more Srixons.  The balls absolutely fly off the face of my driver off the tee, feel solid yet soft with my irons, and are super responsive around the greens.  Literally the best feeling ball I have played.

If you're in the market, take advantage of the BOGO deal!  You won't be sorry.

Cobra Speedzone 9.0*, Graphite Design Tour AD-MT 6x shaft

Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour 14.5* 3 wood, Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 7x shaft

Titleist TS2 19* hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95x Hybrid shaft

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 iron, KBS $-Taper 120 shaft

Srixon Z565 4 iron, Srizon Z765 5 iron - PW,KBS C-Taper 120 shaft

Callaway MD5 Jaws 50*/10 S grind

Callaway Jaws Full Toe 56*

Scotty Cameron Futura 5w

Srixon Z-Star XV balls

Wow! I don't know that it would cross my mind to sell ProVs just to buy another brand, but I suppose if there's any ball that would "keep its value..." I've played Bridgestone for years (usually e6's, but I prefer Tour BXS if I'm feeling spendy) but after reading the ball test as well other forum tests, I decided to give the Z Star XVs a go. I'm a couple sleeves into the first dozen and went ahead and did the BOGO deal. I love the performance, but the sound/feel off the putter isn't my favorite and the 'bright white' covers take some getting used to. (Probably PTSD from all the various 2-piece distance balls I've played over the years. Hello, Slazenger...) But I want to give them a fair shake, particularly since so many other players are raving about them.

Haven't gamed the regular Z Stars yet, but I might snag a sleeve just for comparison!

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I've been playing Srixon all year and my game has improved. I agree with you and will be playing Srixon for a long time to come.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

I play noticeably better w the Z Star off the tee!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

I have been playing the Q Star Tour for a couple of years but over the last several months (including the current BOGO deal) now have a bunch of both the Q Star Tours and the Z stars.  Hopefully, I will be able to tell which I like better.  

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

22 hours ago, HAC said:

I have been playing the Q Star Tour for a couple of years but over the last several months (including the current BOGO deal) now have a bunch of both the Q Star Tours and the Z stars.  Hopefully, I will be able to tell which I like better.  

Totally agree. My preference is the Soft Feel for most of the year and QST for the summer.

After the ball test, someone on here put together a spreadsheet where we could tinker with how the ball performed in various categories. For me, the Z-Star and XV were consistent in the top 5 of what I consider important, and since they have the BOGO at least yearly, I started playing the Z-Star most consistently. I really like the ball. A friend gave me some XV's that I played for a while. I like them too, but overall prefer the short game feel of the Z-Stars. Cost is always a consideration for me since I still lose too many balls, so the BOGO helps quite a bit.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On 6/17/2020 at 6:22 PM, John W Sutch said:

Srixon makes a very good ball for use on a windy day

What about their design makes them stand out in windy conditions?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I switched to Srixon Z-Star last year.  Been playing Titleist ProV1 forever but gamed about 6 rounds with Bridgestone and Srixon after the MGS ball test last year and felt the Z-Star best suited my game.  I ordered the BOGO offer and they arrived today. All the Z-Stars I have played to date were made in Japan.  Ones that arrived today were made in Indonesia.  I am sure there is no difference but curious if anyone else has noticed this change.

:ping-small: G30 10.0 w/Alta 55

:taylormade-small: M1 15.0 w/Hzrdus Project X

:taylormade-small: Rescue 4-21 w/Aldila RIP

:callaway-small: Apex 4-P w/Project X LZ105

:cobra-small: King MIM 50, 54 and 58 True Temper 

:EVNROLL: ER8 Mallet

:srixon-small: Z-Star

Wow! I don't know that it would cross my mind to sell ProVs just to buy another brand, but I suppose if there's any ball that would "keep its value..." I've played Bridgestone for years (usually e6's, but I prefer Tour BXS if I'm feeling spendy) but after reading the ball test as well other forum tests, I decided to give the Z Star XVs a go. I'm a couple sleeves into the first dozen and went ahead and did the BOGO deal. I love the performance, but the sound/feel off the putter isn't my favorite and the 'bright white' covers take some getting used to. (Probably PTSD from all the various 2-piece distance balls I've played over the years. Hello, Slazenger...) But I want to give them a fair shake, particularly since so many other players are raving about them.
Haven't gamed the regular Z Stars yet, but I might snag a sleeve just for comparison!

The XV is a pretty hard ball. The regular old z-star feels much different but performs very similar to the XV without the clicking sounds.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

9 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

The XV is a pretty hard ball. The regular old z-star feels much different but performs very similar to the XV without the clicking sounds.

My understanding on the new version is that the XVs are a little softer and the regular Z Star a little firmer. I did find an older Z Star and it was ok, but it seemed a good 5-7 yards shorter off the tee than the XV but I loved the feel inside 100 yards. It's hard to tell, but it seemed to have more sidespin than the XV.

Interested to dig into the new XVs sitting on my counter! 🧐

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I can only agree with the OP. Z Star is for me THE ball hands down. From tee to green it does everything I need and more.

Unfortunately, we don't have BOGO offers here, so I currently play DTC cheaper alternatives such as Vice.

But if money wasn't an issue, it would be my #1 choice.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I've been playing the XV for a few rounds now and love it.  My drives have been better than ever and if I could swing an iron, I'm sure they'd be great off them, too.  My wedges from inside full swing distance have been great, too.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

I have been gaming the Q Star Tour for a year now and tried to branch out to a different brand this past Saturday (see my post in the Master Ball Review thread) and I'm going right back to them.  Their price point can't be beat and they do everything I want from tee to green!

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

I concur, I’ve been rocking the XV’s for awhile. They’re simply the best ball out there IMO.

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

My understanding on the new version is that the XVs are a little softer and the regular Z Star a little firmer. I did find an older Z Star and it was ok, but it seemed a good 5-7 yards shorter off the tee than the XV but I loved the feel inside 100 yards. It's hard to tell, but it seemed to have more sidespin than the XV.

XV is rated at 102 while the z Star is 90 based on the Srixon specs, you can certainly feel the difference! They make a good line of golf ball so I have no doubt you’ll enjoy choosing your model!!

XV is rated at 102 while the z Star is 90 based on the Srixon specs, you can certainly feel the difference! They make a good line of golf ball so I have no doubt you’ll enjoy choosing your model!!

They did tinker with them, the XV is rated at 102 while the z Star is 90 based on the Srixon specs, you can certainly feel the difference! Both balls are a higher compression compared to others in their price point but Srixon makes a good line of golf ball so I have no doubt you’ll enjoy choosing your model!!

On 6/17/2020 at 8:55 AM, chadwzimm said:

I've played a ton of golf this year (even with a 6-week COVID-19 hiatus), and early on I decided that 2020 was going to be the year I found the best ball for my game.  I used to just play whatever I could get that was cheap (i.e., <$20/dozen), regardless of brand loyalty.  So earlier this year I bought and tried Titleist Tour Soft, Callaway ERC Soft, TaylorMade Tour Response, and some Titleist ProV1s.  I had played ProV1s before, but only when I found them because I was too cheap to pay $4 per ball.  I ended up finding a deal on LetGo where I got 5 dozen for $25/dozen, so I couldn't turn that down.

Despite me wanting to love the ProV1s, I only hit them okay.  So when I saw Srixon balls were BOGO for Father's Day, I decided to buy a few dozen ZStars and ZStars XV.  After playing each for a round or two, I am absolutely smitten.  So smitten that I sold the 3 dozen ProV1s that I had left over and hadn't marked and used the money I got to buy more Srixons.  The balls absolutely fly off the face of my driver off the tee, feel solid yet soft with my irons, and are super responsive around the greens.  Literally the best feeling ball I have played.

If you're in the market, take advantage of the BOGO deal!  You won't be sorry.

Great to hear! I picked up a couple dozen this past weekend with the BOGO deal. Did you notice that they performed similar around the greens to the pro v1?

12 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

Great to hear! I picked up a couple dozen this past weekend with the BOGO deal. Did you notice that they performed similar around the greens to the pro v1?

I actually liked them a little more around the greens.  The XV definitely is a little "clickier," as it is harder.  But the Z-Star performed as well for me around the green as the ProV1.

Cobra Speedzone 9.0*, Graphite Design Tour AD-MT 6x shaft

Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour 14.5* 3 wood, Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 7x shaft

Titleist TS2 19* hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95x Hybrid shaft

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 iron, KBS $-Taper 120 shaft

Srixon Z565 4 iron, Srizon Z765 5 iron - PW,KBS C-Taper 120 shaft

Callaway MD5 Jaws 50*/10 S grind

Callaway Jaws Full Toe 56*

Scotty Cameron Futura 5w

Srixon Z-Star XV balls

1 hour ago, chadwzimm said:

I actually liked them a little more around the greens.  The XV definitely is a little "clickier," as it is harder.  But the Z-Star performed as well for me around the green as the ProV1.

Agreed.  I played XVs for a while but found them too clicky, and the regular Z Star to just be too soft.  That was a couple seasons ago.  Been playing Pro V1s, but switching to the Tour BXS.

I do know the yellow Z Star is probably the most durable premium ball you can find.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Never mind

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I used to play the Z-Star XV and was really happy with the performance. I found last years Tour B X for 24 a dozen and decided that was going to be the ball for me this year. I really think Srixon and Bridgestone are the best brands for balls right now when you factor in cost and performance. 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...

I did the Srixon Father‘a Day BOGO deal and had them personalized as well ... got 4 dozen of The Z Star XV. Have read and heard nothing but great things about their balls and their brand.

Reeeally wanted to like them, but they just aren’t for me and my game. I currently play Snell MTB Blacks, have been gaming them for over a year and I absolutely love them. 

I know the XV are the firmer version, but from putting and around the green, they just feel off and different for me. I’ve had more 3 putts with them, than I’ve had with the Snells over the past several months. Also, I play a soft fade with my driver and felt the Srixons were spinning more to the right with a hard fade than I would like. 

Also noticed that the balls slightly cut a bit more than the Snells with my wedges ... I have a steep angle of attack for my wedges. It’s disappointing for I really wanted to love the Srixons and they feel nice and soft in one’s hand. 

To MGS point, find the ball that suits your game and stick with them. I plan on keeping the remaining 3 dozen and playing them out, and hopefully I can have them figured out with the next 1 to 2 sleeves. 

And yes, I’m a massive Canes fan. 😁🙌🏼

9CB27DCB-E3BE-445E-A3E5-C4146ED95597.jpeg

0EC77C23-A7FD-44C7-B12A-694902F5A540.jpeg

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

I found a dozen brand new Srixon Q Star golf balls for sale at a Goodwill for $6 last year, so I picked them up and gave them a chance. I like how they played, and wanted to see how the Q Star Tours performed. So I too took advantage of the BOGO deal around Father's Day, picked up 2 dozen QST balls, and have been enjoying playing them ever since.

What's In My  :nike-small: Xtreme Sport IV Carry Stand Bag:

:srixon-small: ZX5 Driver (9.5*)

:cobra-small: Baffler XL 3 Wood

:taylormade-small: Burner Rescue 3 Hybrid

:cobra-small: F8 5 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Irons (5-PW)

:Sub70: 286 Forged Wedge: 50* and 54*, JB Forged Wedge: 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8882 Putter

:srixon-small: Q Star Tour Ball

I took advantage of the BOGO and got some Q-Star balls.  Couldn't beat the price and have been very happy with the ball itself.  To be honest I don't think I would have given them a 'fair shake' if I hadn't been gifted a couple sleeves for a scramble.  Srixon is definitely. Underrated!

Mavrik Max 9 degree loft w/ROUGE white X-Stiff 70g

Maverick Max 3W, 5W w/ROUGE white X-Stiff 70g

Mavrik Max 3H, KBS tour prototype 70/80 X-Stiff 80g

Speedblade 4-PW, AW, SW KBS Siff 85g

Ghost Sypder putter

bourbon to be drank neat

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 8:29 PM, mikeanthony said:

I did the Srixon Father‘a Day BOGO deal and had them personalized as well ... got 4 dozen of The Z Star XV. Have read and heard nothing but great things about their balls and their brand.

Reeeally wanted to like them, but they just aren’t for me and my game. I currently play Snell MTB Blacks, have been gaming them for over a year and I absolutely love them. 

I know the XV are the firmer version, but from putting and around the green, they just feel off and different for me. I’ve had more 3 putts with them, than I’ve had with the Snells over the past several months. Also, I play a soft fade with my driver and felt the Srixons were spinning more to the right with a hard fade than I would like. 

Also noticed that the balls slightly cut a bit more than the Snells with my wedges ... I have a steep angle of attack for my wedges. It’s disappointing for I really wanted to love the Srixons and they feel nice and soft in one’s hand. 

To MGS point, find the ball that suits your game and stick with them. I plan on keeping the remaining 3 dozen and playing them out, and hopefully I can have them figured out with the next 1 to 2 sleeves. 

And yes, I’m a massive Canes fan. 😁🙌🏼

9CB27DCB-E3BE-445E-A3E5-C4146ED95597.jpeg

0EC77C23-A7FD-44C7-B12A-694902F5A540.jpeg

I know this is late, but if you like the MTB Blacks, the normal Z-Star might be a better comp if you are interested in getting a sleeve and giving those a try (GolfDiscount.com // 2 sleeves for $10)

Driver: 2023 Callaway Paradym - Tensei AV White 65X
3w: Mizuno GT 180 14 degree
5w: Cobra Rad Speed 19 degree
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM7 52F, 56M, 60M
Putter: TaylorMade GTX black
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x #7

2023 Callaway Paradym Driver Tester

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a long time Titleist guy, and recently took advantage of the Srixon Father's Day promo. I have since shot my career low round, and have had two rounds with five birdies each. I think it is longer than the ProV1x that I was using, and very good around the green, too. I also don't mind that it is about $10 less than the Titleist. I also like the Snell MTBx, but the Fathers Day promo makes the Srixon a more economical ball.