Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

What Would You Do - Fitting Conundrum

jwlong410

On 6/26/2020 at 12:11 PM, jwlong410 said:

Killing spin was a huge part of it, probably the majority of the gains. I do think that I was getting better ball speed and flights on off-center hits. When I caught it really good, the TS4 was maybe ~6% better than my current driver. When I mishit it, it was maybe ~15% better (from spin reduction and better ball speed on off-center hits).

The Evenflow White shaft was a huge part of it, I think. I hit it with a bunch of shafts and the Evenflow felt incredible and the ball came off like a rocket every time. I wouldn't have even consider buying it with the HZRDUS or Diamana shafts I hit it with. It's amazing how the right shaft/head combination can make such a massive difference.

Just bought a TS4 and was browsing when I saw this thread. The Evenflow White is amazing and I can't wait to find some time to take my TS4 onto the course. 

On 10/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, idontnoh said:

Just bought a TS4 and was browsing when I saw this thread. The Evenflow White is amazing and I can't wait to find some time to take my TS4 onto the course. 

It's working out ok for me (ignore the crappy PW - I had a really fluffy lie in the first cut)!

Screenshot_20201015-231934.png

:titelist-small: TSi3 @ 9° w/ Tensei AV White 65         :titelist-small: TSi2 5W @ 14.5° w/ Tensei AV White 75

:taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P760 8-PW w/ Project X 6.0          :vokey-small: 50°, 56°, 60°

:scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant          :titelist-small: Hybrid 14 Stand Bag          :titelist-small: ProV1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 1:54 PM, cnosil said:

You were basically fit for the driver from a specific manufacturer. They took their lineup and found the best combination for you. You can go get another fitting and maybe find something better or maybe the titleist will come out on top.

What “gain” would make another fitting worthwhile to you? Is 5 more yards worth the cost? How about narrowing dispersion by 5 yards?

I’d probably go with the Titleist

I went for a fitting a couple of weeks ago for new wedges and the fitter gave me a couple of tips on my swing during the fitting. Since then, I have gained distance on my driver and five wood and consistency on all clubs.  So, there can be many benefits to a fitting.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • image.png.e5dbe8fedd098b46b3fda77752b5beae.png MG4 56.12 with Fujikura Ventus TR Blue Flex: R
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

image.png

image.png

4 minutes ago, HAC said:

I went for a fitting a couple of weeks ago for new wedges and the fitter gave me a couple of tips on my swing during the fitting. Since then, I have gained distance on my driver and five wood and consistency on all clubs.  So, there can be many benefits to a fitting.

@HAC is 100% correct. During my driver fitting I found out that my ball placement in my stance and tee height needed a serious adjustment to match the newer clubs (was hitting an old Titleist 975D before). Not only did the fitter set me up with the correct head/shaft combo for my swing type, but also aligned my stance, ball height/placement, and gave pointers on my swing a bit so I could hit a driver better and more consistent! A recent trip to the range confirmed the adjustments are working and was bombing it with a tighter dispersion than I had ever seen with the 975D.

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

I have 2 thoughts here:

1. If the TS4 gave you the numbers you are looking for then buy it and enjoy
  2. If you have a feeling you can get more out of other drivers then go get fit for a driver. 

I see a lot of people that go with the second option and try to squeeze every inch out of their game. I went in to get a fitting and I was seeing minimal gains versus my current driver. In this case I just kept my current driver to save the money. Just weight your options. 

• Driver-:titelist-small: TSi 3 9*( Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 65)
  • 3W- :cobra-small:Cobra Speedzone (Oban Isawa Red 04 Stiff 75) 14*
  • 3H-:cobra-small: Speedzone (UST Recoil 480 ESX (F4)
  • 5-A-:mizuno-small: Mizuno JPX Hot Metal Pro (Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff) 22*-50*
  • 56*-:taylormade-small: MG3
  • 60*-:vokey-small: SM8
  • Putter-:taylormade-small: Spider GT 35"
  • Ball- ProV1X :titelist-small: or :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS
  • Range Finder- Bushnell Tour V4 Jolt Shift With Slope Patriot Pack
  • Bags-:titelist-small: Camo Players 4 Plus Stand Bag or :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 in red, white, and blue
  • Spikes-:nike-small:,:footjoy-small:,:cobra-small:

On 10/29/2020 at 10:33 PM, Tarheelvolvo said:

@HAC is 100% correct. During my driver fitting I found out that my ball placement in my stance and tee height needed a serious adjustment to match the newer clubs (was hitting an old Titleist 975D before). Not only did the fitter set me up with the correct head/shaft combo for my swing type, but also aligned my stance, ball height/placement, and gave pointers on my swing a bit so I could hit a driver better and more consistent! A recent trip to the range confirmed the adjustments are working and was bombing it with a tighter dispersion than I had ever seen with the 975D.

You agree with me because I also am a Tar Heel.  UNC class of 1977.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • image.png.e5dbe8fedd098b46b3fda77752b5beae.png MG4 56.12 with Fujikura Ventus TR Blue Flex: R
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

image.png

image.png

I would get fitted and test other drivers... otherwise you will be forever wondering whether the others are better.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)