RSS

2021 Driver rumors

Our Sponsors

Looking at getting a new driver and overheard fitters talking about next TS and new G series showing up soon. Does anyone have any news to share?

• Like 1

Not  soon. But both will have new models. 

Titleist later this year and PING most likely January at the PGA Show if there is one. 

• Like 6

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Just FYI, I believe that Ian Fraser in a live feed today said "yes" on titleist but "no" on Ping.

Any idea if Titleist would likely also release new fairway woods?  That doesn't seem as automatic as some companies. 

19 minutes ago, Bschrempf said:

Just FYI, I believe that Ian Fraser in a live feed today said "yes" on titleist but "no" on Ping.

Any idea if Titleist would likely also release new fairway woods?  That doesn't seem as automatic as some companies. 

Titleist always releases drivers and fairways together. Titleist is one of the most consistent companies in their releases. The changes have been when they moved hybrids without irons in the 816/716 lineup and when they added ap3 and then last year with the additional TS lines.

Pretty much every company has standard releases cycles and release everything at the same time. Outside of PXG or when ping or titleist release an additional model like ts1/4 or when ping did lst mid release I can’t think of a company that has an irregular release.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

21 minutes ago, Bschrempf said:

So Ian basically confirmed what I had already said 🤪  

Yes, it will be the entire woods line  Driver/FW/Hybrids

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

From listening to Tony talk about the fall releases on the No Putts Given podcast there could still be some questions.  There is still 2019 product on the shelves.  2020 product has not sold through at all like people were forecasting due to the global pandemic and most of retail being shut down.  If we get a 2nd wave of covid and stores have to close again it's gonna get very interesting to see who discounts product first just to move through it.  If current 2020 models from Taylormade and/or Callaway are on shelves with steep discounts it would be a very hard market to launch a new $500+ dollar driver in.  

I'm guessing as of right now a Titleist launch is still on the books, but with how fast everything has been changing when it comes to Covid it's not out of the realm that we see changes to release cycles for this season.

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

What did Ian say specifically (Titleist)? Any mention of new tech and release dates?

• Like 1

I hope Ping will name its driver G420 and offer Mary Jane green color scheme. Stoners rejoice! 😄

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • Off Topic 1

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2, 9,5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

Fairway::taylormade-small: M5 15°, Fujikura Ventus Red 7S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: 818 H1 (19°) Tensei CK White 90S, :titelist-small: 818 H1 (21°) Tensei CK White 90S

Irons: :srixon-small: Z565, 5-A, Nippon Modus 105S,

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 56°/11°, 62°/8°, Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 8.0, 35''

Waiting for their chance to shine:

:srixon-small: Z U65, 3 iron (20°), Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White Hybrid 90S; 

:srixon-small: Z U65, 4 iron (23°); Nippon Modus 105S

:srixon-small: Z565 4 iron; Nippon Modus 105S

6 hours ago, Calvo90 said:

I hope Ping will name its driver G420 and offer Mary Jane green color scheme. Stoners rejoice! 😄

I can't say what it is, but I can tell you for certain it's not G420!   

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Queue the why can’t ping or companies stick to a consistent naming convention and all similar type responses to the name.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

8 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Queue the why can’t ping or companies stick to a consistent naming convention and all similar type responses to the name.

Well I guess they have a least a few people on the marketing side that are in touch with "pop culture" as opposed to what most people think.  And it won't be a drastic departure in naming, and I'm sure it'll leak out sooner or later.   Just not from me 🙂

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well I guess they have a least a few people on the marketing side that are in touch with "pop culture" as opposed to what most people think.  And it won't be a drastic departure in naming, and I'm sure it'll leak out sooner or later.   Just not from me 🙂

How about the G "I don't know!" 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

59 minutes ago, greggarner said:

I had the good fortune of being hosted at the Ping factory back in college (sponsorship) and got to talk with John Solheim himself for a bit (he attended my college and sits on their board). He walked us through their naming processes and it was fascinating. One piece that jumped out at me was when they first started the G line, there was a wondering why they went from G2 to G5. No lie, it has to do with numerology. "3" is the number of the Trinity in Christianity and Solheim himself is an evangelical Christian and "4" is unlucky in many cultures (tetraphobia). So they went from G2 to G5.

It's stuff like this that makes this place so great.... always something to learn.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, greggarner said:

I had the good fortune of being hosted at the Ping factory back in college (sponsorship) and got to talk with John Solheim himself for a bit (he attended my college and sits on their board). He walked us through their naming processes and it was fascinating. One piece that jumped out at me was when they first started the G line, there was a wondering why they went from G2 to G5. No lie, it has to do with numerology. "3" is the number of the Trinity in Christianity and Solheim himself is an evangelical Christian and "4" is unlucky in many cultures (tetraphobia). So they went from G2 to G5.

I never even thought that it was weird to see the progression of naming like that... Now it makes a lot of sense.

• Like 2

In my bag:

Driver: :honma: TR20 460 9.5* Vizard TR20 60X

Wood: :mizuno-small: ST200 TS Dimana D+PLUS Limited Edition 70X

Hybrids: :mizuno-small: CLK 19* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX

Irons: :honma: TW 747 Rose Proto 4-PW Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: :honma: TW-W4 52*, 56*, and 60*Modus Tour 125 Wedge 

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

2 hours ago, greggarner said:

Then he would love the sermon I preached once using my G2 as an object lesson.  It had to do with the difference between two Greek words, one for new as in brand new and the other for new and improved.  I mentioned the G5.  🙂

This was a great piece of info - how about why they would go from G30 back to G then up to G400?

• Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

The good news out of all of this is that the price for all of Titleist's TS drivers came down $100 this week 🙏

• Like 2

:titelist-small: 910D3 8.5° w/ Diamana Whiteboard          :callaway-small: 2004 Big Bertha 3W          :titelist-small: 816H 19°         :taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P760 8-PW w/ Project X 6.0

:vokey-small: 52°, 56°, 60°          :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant          :titelist-small: Hybrid 14 Stand Bag          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

38 minutes ago, jwlong410 said:

The good news out of all of this is that the price for all of Titleist's TS drivers came down $100 this week 🙏

That is good news, but it actually happened about a month ago.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Calvo90 said:

10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Maybe this is the opportunity to reach a new market.  Might be a missed opportunity for an outdoor sport surrounded by nature with an aging demographic.  It might even chill some of the wannabe tour players out.  They can call it the Masters Edition (like the Cobra AMP) for the hardos out there and leave the numbers for the stoners. 

Driver: default_cobra-small.jpg.634f41dc1b8ea120e1aae121bd8f10ef.jpg.5a46268ca12328475fd752152fc4c9f9.jpg Speedzone Xtreme 10.5° Ventus Blue 6 Stiff

3 Wood: default_callaway-small.jpg.14ff3e8c0cfb3f1ea12291d143b9d8c2.jpg XR 15° Project X LZ 50 Stiff

3 Hybrid:default_callaway-small.jpg.14ff3e8c0cfb3f1ea12291d143b9d8c2.jpg Steelhead XR16 19° Project X SD Stiff

Irons: default_cobra-small.jpg.634f41dc1b8ea120e1aae121bd8f10ef.jpg.5a46268ca12328475fd752152fc4c9f9.jpg King F9 Speedback KBS Tour 90 Stiff

Wedges: default_cleveland-small.jpg.bce0257eb703046e93feb8255808ab50.jpg CBX 52°, 56° ,60° Dynamic Gold 115

Putter: default_taylormade-small.jpg.5d28361175b74c5e9e3da2c80aec4b53.jpgWhite Smoke Big Fontana 35"

Ball: default_srixon-small.jpg.26f925d4dc56727e04dc68d7bfa37bb9.jpgZ-star