TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hy! I have just done a complete change of my clubs, which im pretty proud of, so here goes:

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 72s

Wood - Titleist 909F3 15* with Aldila VooDoo in S

Hybrid - Titleist 909H 21* with Aldila VooDoo in S

Irons - 4-PW Titleist 910 AP2 with True Temper Dynamic Gold with SenSicore in R400

Wedges - Vokey Custom Design TVD 52M, 56M and 60M with True Temper Dynamic Gold in S300, custom grind and name stamp

Putter - Ping iWi CRAZ-E 34¨

Im a lefty so it was even harder to get everything I wanted in left hand.

Thats that, I am very happy with all of it at the moment, would You like to see any pics?

Golf is suppoused to be hard!

That sounds like what my setup is going to like when I get done this year. Only differences are I will have a 909D3 as my driver and I am going with standard Spin Milled's as my wedges. I love the new AP2's! A buddy of mine has them and I hit his irons on the range a few times and they are smooth!

McBush- The D3 is a very nice driver, i use the R9 because with the new shaft i have a very low and boring trajectory but can still shape the shots as there is enough spin left.

Sactown- I know it does not really fit with the rest. I did get the extra weight kit, but after playing around with it, i have the standard 12g back in, the putter is already heavy enough. I like the sound which the putter produces and that is probably the main reason it is in the bag. I have tried many Scotty putters, but none felt and sounded quite as good. I did try once a simillar putter that You use now, and I am thinking of making a switch to such a level of putter

• SPY VIP

Sactown- I know it does not really fit with the rest. I did get the extra weight kit, but after playing around with it, i have the standard 12g back in, the putter is already heavy enough. I like the sound which the putter produces and that is probably the main reason it is in the bag. I have tried many Scotty putters, but none felt and sounded quite as good.

I love that you game something unique. Variety in the putter well is very interesting to me. :) What are some other models that you considered before choosing the Ping?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Sactown - I did try out a simillar putter that You currently use, and i did like. It was again the sound that was not fully there for me. I am considering to switching to such a level of putter this year, i tried some TPs and a couple of Miura putters as well but I am a little scared to fork over so much and then in the end go back to the iWi...

A little info on the shaft would be great!!!! was it done at TM? how did you choose that shaft?? and a Pic would be sweet..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

No the shaft was not done at Taylormade, they do not let You change shafts with their adjustable hosel. Shame on them!

The work was done by a clubmaker who usually works with Miura and Wishon and I ahd confidence in him. He did a great job.

I chose it because i had a chance to try a demo a couple of months ago, but not the one i got. The reason was that it offered a very stiff tip but still with high tourque. I will try to put a pic on soon, and I will put a bigger review of the shaft when i play with it some more. right now it is working great.

How do you like the Titleist 3 wood? I'm considering getting one.

I love it. I like it much more than the F2 and with the VooDoo shaft You really get a nice low trajectory. Very very happy with it!

Will post some pics sooon ;)

No the shaft was not done at Taylormade, they do not let You change shafts with their adjustable hosel. Shame on them!

The work was done by a clubmaker who usually works with Miura and Wishon and I ahd confidence in him. He did a great job.

I chose it because i had a chance to try a demo a couple of months ago, but not the one i got. The reason was that it offered a very stiff tip but still with high tourque. I will try to put a pic on soon, and I will put a bigger review of the shaft when i play with it some more. right now it is working great.

It is unfortunate that TM has such limited options for custom shafts. At least with Nike, you can send them any shaft and they will install the tip adapter on it.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Sactown - I did try out a simillar putter that You currently use, and i did like. It was again the sound that was not fully there for me. I am considering to switching to such a level of putter this year, i tried some TPs and a couple of Miura putters as well but I am a little scared to fork over so much and then in the end go back to the iWi...

Have you tried a Rife Island Series?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Hy! I have just done a complete change of my clubs, which im pretty proud of, so here goes:

Wood - Titleist 909F3 15* with Aldila VooDoo in S

Hybrid - Titleist 909H 21* with Aldila VooDoo in S

Irons - 4-PW Titleist 910 AP2 with True Temper Dynamic Gold with SenSicore in R400

Wedges - Vokey Custom Design TVD 52M, 56M and 60M with True Temper Dynamic Gold in S300, custom grind and name stamp

Putter - Ping iWi CRAZ-E 34¨

Im a lefty so it was even harder to get everything I wanted in left hand.

Thats that, I am very happy with all of it at the moment, would You like to see any pics?

Sounds like the bag of a "player". Lots of nice stuff.

Very nice set up, and yes, I would like to see pics.

I see that your Vokeys have custom grinds, was that done through Vokey's website or was it done after market? What kind of grind did you get and how are you liking it?

They were done over the Vokey website. It is a limited edition of 50 pieces, and suppousably they were grinded by Bob himself, although i dont buy that, they do seem like they were grinded by hand. The grind is a mix of his T, V and D grinds, which he combined in the TVD or Tour Van Design how the pros call it. I know Adam Scott uses one like it. It is very good for me because i like to play around with shots close to the green and this allows me to open or close the face as much as i want and the leading edge will always be snug to the ground. It helped me get more control when the lie is hard and since You can vary the amount of bounce with how much You open the face it amazing from the sand. I am very happy with it. I used a Miura Forged Blade before switching, and although the Vokeys might not match it 100% in feel on full shots, they are much better clubs if You like to improvise on the course.

I have the pics, just cant find the stupid cable to conect my camera, the photos from the phone are all blurry.

They were done over the Vokey website. It is a limited edition of 50 pieces, and suppousably they were grinded by Bob himself, although i dont buy that, they do seem like they were grinded by hand. The grind is a mix of his T, V and D grinds, which he combined in the TVD or Tour Van Design how the pros call it. I know Adam Scott uses one like it. It is very good for me because i like to play around with shots close to the green and this allows me to open or close the face as much as i want and the leading edge will always be snug to the ground. It helped me get more control when the lie is hard and since You can vary the amount of bounce with how much You open the face it amazing from the sand. I am very happy with it. I used a Miura Forged Blade before switching, and although the Vokeys might not match it 100% in fell on full shots it is a much better club if You like to improvise on the course.

I have the pics, just cant find the stupid cable to conect my camera, the photos from the phone are all blurry.

You're the first person to have a limited edition Vokey. They always have me drooling over them!

Archived