Our Sponsors

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone has seen/ordered the "Quattro Mat" from Wittek Golf? Saw this on another forum and it had great reviews, just curious what people here think. I'm in the process of putting together an in home simulator at the moment, trying to find the best mat.

I have never heard of that brand. It looks like it would probably have some give to your irons with all that layering, but my concern would be how stable the feet are for the same reason. As to the price, I have for sure seen higher (CCE, Fiberbuilt, TrueStrike, ect...). I am also in the process of building a home practice area so was looking all over for a decent quality, but not terribly expensive mat and came across Raw Hide Golf Ball Co. (https://rawhidegolfball.com/product/golf-mat/). I got the grade A and really like it so far. Am probably going to buy another one so that I can butt them up against each other between me and the net/screen. It is nice too that you can use an actual tee in it if you want, but the tee goes flying on each shot + you may need to cut the tee for your preferred height as it doesn't push down all the way like grass does. 

Here is a photo of the the one I got. It came in looking in great shape. Can hardly tell it was used on 3 of the sides, and you will notice that 1 of the tee holes is not even opened up yet so that side is still brand new. 

IMG_3973.jpg

• Like 3
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 9.5* head set to 8* loft 3*open, weights set slightly lower Launch and fade bias
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: B X, and currently testing the Vice Pro + Neon just for fun

On other forum I saw people get that quattro mat for $300; don't know if they have discount or what.

Looking for one for myself as well, didn't decide which one and do I really need one or have DIY one

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2020 at 10:09 AM, The 19th Hole said:

I have never heard of that brand. It looks like it would probably have some give to your irons with all that layering, but my concern would be how stable the feet are for the same reason. As to the price, I have for sure seen higher (CCE, Fiberbuilt, TrueStrike, ect...). I am also in the process of building a home practice area so was looking all over for a decent quality, but not terribly expensive mat and came across Raw Hide Golf Ball Co. (https://rawhidegolfball.com/product/golf-mat/). I got the grade A and really like it so far. Am probably going to buy another one so that I can butt them up against each other between me and the net/screen. It is nice too that you can use an actual tee in it if you want, but the tee goes flying on each shot + you may need to cut the tee for your preferred height as it doesn't push down all the way like grass does. 

Here is a photo of the the one I got. It came in looking in great shape. Can hardly tell it was used on 3 of the sides, and you will notice that 1 of the tee holes is not even opened up yet so that side is still brand new. 

IMG_3973.jpg

I'm looking into putting a mat and net in the garage for the kids and myself.  They would be able to swing fully without hitting the ceiling, but I would really only be able to play 3/4 swings (which is fine as I'm mainly concerned with club face contact at the moment).  You said these hold real tees just fine?  I've hit off mats that hold tees and they seem to be the most realistic (if you hit it fat, the mat doesn't forgive you as much like some mats do). 

Is it still holding up to your expectations well?

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft