TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist Tour Soft

stj51

Has anyone tried the new Titleist Tour Soft Ball? If so what were your thoughts and how does it compare to a ProV. At 30 a dozen on sale right now I'm thinking about picking up and trying out

:titelist-small: - Driver - TSi2 10 deg, -1 Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60 (6.0)
:titelist-small:  - Fairway Wood - TSi2 3 Wood 15 deg, -½ Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 19 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 23 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Irons T200 (6 - W 48) True Temper AMT Black (S300)
:titelist-small: - Wedge - SM7 52.12 F Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 56.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 60.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:scotty-small: - 2020 Newport Select, Pistolini Grip, 35"
:titelist-small: - ProV1 

Theyre OK.  Theyre never going to spin like a Pro V1 because the cover is too soft.  Personally, if you were a Titleist fan and dont want to spend the money on Pro V1s, Id go Velocity or TruFeel because you really arent getting much more performance with the Tour Softs for the money.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I’ve mentioned before that I’ve played these. The feel is an absolute dream, and for me as a high spin player they did pretty darn good around the greens.

It does a darn good job at being a golf ball. Give them a try.

It’s going to feel like a marshmallow compared to the V1, but feels hot off the face.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I’ve mentioned before that I’ve played these. The feel is an absolute dream, and for me as a high spin player they did pretty darn good around the greens.

It’s going to feel like a marshmallow compared to the V1, but feels hot off the face.

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2020 at 4:19 PM, Shankster said:

While searching for a fellow players ball last week, I found two Titleist Tour Soft within a few feet of each other in the shrubs.  I really liked the "T" shaped alignment mark and, never having seen or played this newest version before, gave them a go for the balance of the round.  I found them to play just fine.  On my next round, which I played solo on a nearly deserted course in Jackpot, NV (great track btw), I played one of these and a ProV1 in a two ball format.  I did not notice any appreciable difference off the tee, on approaches, or on the greens.  

Curious about what the scuttle-butt is on these... no surprise that our MGS staff are all over this like a sun perch on a june bug.  "Tour" caliber balls are generally thought to be 3 or more piece design.  It seems like Titleist is taking a wee bit of advertising liberty by naming the ball "Tour Soft"... this ball is a 2 piece ball.  

https://mygolfspy.com/titleist-tour-soft-velocity-golf-ball-review/

For the price point, I would suggest the Maxfli Tour and Tour X (3 and 4 piece respectively), be considered.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 6/19/2020 at 6:14 PM, ZenGolfer said:

Theyre OK.  Theyre never going to spin like a Pro V1 because the cover is too soft.  Personally, if you were a Titleist fan and dont want to spend the money on Pro V1s, Id go Velocity or TruFeel because you really arent getting much more performance with the Tour Softs for the money.

I really liked the trufeel they sent me a 3 pack when they first released it’s a good ball but your right it’s not proV 1 but still a good ball to play

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

On 9/4/2020 at 9:39 PM, Nolan220 said:

I really liked the trufeel they sent me a 3 pack when they first released it’s a good ball but your right it’s not proV 1 but still a good ball to play

Im sure its a good ball.  Its a Titleist, afterall.  My only thing is, much like other companies do, they try to tell you that you can have a cheap ball with a soft feel that still gives you distance and spin around the greens.  Its just simply not true.

They all do it though, its not just Titleist.  I just wish that they would have truth in advertising.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

40 minutes ago, ZenGolfer said:

Im sure its a good ball.  Its a Titleist, afterall.  My only thing is, much like other companies do, they try to tell you that you can have a cheap ball with a soft feel that still gives you distance and spin around the greens.  Its just simply not true.

They all do it though, its not just Titleist.  I just wish that they would have truth in advertising.

Completely agree 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

• 1 month later...

While my normal ball is the ProV1x, this is the ball that my wife plays. So, it becomes the ball we play in alternate shot events. I find the feel to be pretty nice. It ends up being almost a full club longer off the irons than the ProV1x. I think this is mainly due to the lower spin rate of the ball. It doesn't stop as fast on the greens, so I find I just play one less club. I feels good off the putter and the driver seems to be about the same length, just lacking a bit of workability.

All in all, a great ball for the money.

:titelist-small: TSi2 9.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3 15 / 18.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3H 20° (set for 22)

:titelist-small: CNCPT 5i-48°

:vokey-small: SM8 52° / 58°

:cameron-small: Fastback 1.0 Circle T