TESTERS WANTED! ×

Just When You Thought it Was Safe To...........

kgv0622

Thank you for a reasoned reminder. How did your test come back?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 6/20/2020 at 12:00 PM, kgv0622 said:

My course in Florida has been open throughout the pandemic, and I haven't missed playing much except for weather or to rest my sore back.  For the most part, the members and especially my regular group of about 20 or so have been great about being careful to give each other space, and the course had some excellent on-course rules in place to keep us safe--no rakes, pin left in , one to a cart, etc.  Of course, the grill/restaurant was closed until just recently when the state began relaxing the social distancing requirements.  Upon reopening, they did an excellent job of keeping us reasonably separated and were fanatical about hygiene and sanitation.  But, alas, it was probably a little too soon to begin to feel comfortable.  One of our wait staff in the grill took a travel vacation a couple of weeks ago.  Don't know where she went, but, she got sick, and upon return came into work for a few days.  Yesterday we got word she tested positive for COVID!  She's only 19 and probably didn't take this thing too seriously.  I know when I was that age, I felt bullet-proof.  LOL  AT any rate, the clubhouse is again closed pending every employee being tested.  She had served me  in the grille a few times over the past couple weeks, so I've been exposed.  I got tested yesterday and will get the results in 48-72 hours.  In the meantime, I'll be confined to self-imposed quarantine, and if positive that will extend for awhile.  Obviously, I'm pretty bummed out about it, because I've been pretty good about practicing safe "covid practices" and never go into a store without a mast, for example.  At 78, I'm in the high risk category, but am in pretty good shape for an old.  I worry more about my wife, who is much more  fragile at this point. 

I post this only to remind everyone that this thing is far from over.  Florida, for instance, has seen a significant  increase in cases in some cities, as has some other states.  I've personally noticed that the number of people I see in grocery stores and other retailers who are wearing masks has dramatically decreased.'  Just be careful; be vigilant in avoiding the tendency to become complacent.

Good post. The thing is crazy and MA who has been extremely strict still is keeping very low low numbers which is great. 
hope all comes back negative for you and stay safe

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Thanks for the post.  

I am back in the midwest, but I still get the member e-mails from my course in Florida.  Two weeks ago, the pro sent out an email with a plan to relax social distancing guidelines at the club.  He proposed going back to shared carts and a couple of changes regarding the proshop.  I was surprised at the response, but happy with it.  Basically, the membership said no to the changes.  The protocols adopted in March are going to stay in place.  

Our course has pretty much eliminated safety measures other than urging people to stay 6 feet apart.  And they are charging extra for the privilege of riding alone in a cart.  Luckily, I just bought a cart.  I live in Mississippi where cases are increasing.  Unfortunately, most people here don't seem to be taking this thing seriously.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

On 6/25/2020 at 8:14 AM, revkev said:

My test came back negative, thankfully.   Of course, the very next sentence after they say "negative" was to say "that doesn't mean you're not infected.  It just means that no evidence of the virus was present in the sample at the time you took your test".  They then point out that if the the test was done very early after being exposed, it may not show up yet on the test, and a few other situations that could result in a false negative test result.  Doesn't instill a great deal of confidence.  However, I still have no symptoms and feel pretty certain that I'm not infected.  I'm still being very careful, though, for my sake and those with whom I come in contact.

Florida's governor, by the way just closed all the bars again, and replaced some of the restrictions that were previously relaxed, due to the soaring number of cases here.  Not sure if it's state-wide, but in Pensacola you now cannot enter grocery stores, restaurants, etc., without a mask on.  That's even stricter than before. 

Edited by kgv0622

1 hour ago, Hook DeLoft said:

Our course has pretty much eliminated safety measures other than urging people to stay 6 feet apart.  And they are charging extra for the privilege of riding alone in a cart.  Luckily, I just bought a cart.  I live in Mississippi where cases are increasing.  Unfortunately, most people here don't seem to be taking this thing seriously.

Seems to be the trend.   Carts are now 2 per cart locally for me.   Still no rakes or water on the course;  still have pool noodles in the holes.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Our course continues to keep the safety measures in play, although they have allowed 2 persons per cart IF wanted.  They still encourage social distancing, no rakes, noodles in the hole, no sand/seed bottles on club carts, no cash transactions at snack shack or pub/restaurant  (we're a private club so it just goes on our account), etc.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

My test came back negative, thankfully.   Of course, the very next sentence after they say "negative" was to say "that doesn't mean you're not infected.  It just means that no evidence of the virus was present in the sample at the time you took your test".  They then point out that if the the test was done very early after being exposed, it may not show up yet on the test, and a few other situations that could result in a false negative test result.  Doesn't instill a great deal of confidence.  However, I still have no symptoms and feel pretty certain that I'm not infected.  I'm still being very careful, though, for my sake and those with whom I come in contact.

Florida's governor, by the way just closed all the bars again, and replaced some of the restrictions that were previously relaxed, due to the soaring number of cases here.  Not sure if it's state-wide, but in Pensacola you now cannot enter grocery stores, restaurants, etc., without a mask on.  That's even stricter than before. 

Oh yes, I’m acutely aware of what’s going on in Florida as I live here, St Pete, and am the ultimate decision maker for a church, school and pre-school.

We all of us need to be wise, keep our distance, wash our hands, and stay home if we have symptoms. My son, who lives with us, is on mandatory test number two in the last ten days because of coworkers being infected. That actually forces me to work from home based on the rules that we’ve put in place at work. I had to miss church Father’s Day weekend (my associate was preaching). I’m on vacation this weekend so no big deal.

My club removed the one in a cart rule. I’ve stopped playing there unless it’s with my son or a very close friend whom I hang out with a lot. We play his club instead and walk.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Our requirements vary by county, depending on what phase they are in.  Restaurants and bars are open in some counties, not in others (mine).  We now have a state-wide mandate to wear masks whenever we are in public spaces.  

Our rules for golf haven't changed since our course opened on May 5, except that we can now pair up in a cart if we are from the same household. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Our state made masks mandatory and postponed further reopening last Fri, and it’s a good thing IMO as most residents quickly quit wearing masks and distancing once reopening phase 2 was enacted in late May. Voluntary compliance was surprisingly good in Apr-early May but that didn’t last.

My wife and I have worn masks and stayed 6 feet away throughout, glad others are doing it again.

Courses I play are still one to a cart but there’s talk of them implementing a surcharge for the privilege. They started permitting two riders a few weeks ago. Grill is open, with plexi at the counter and credit only, no cash. No rakes, no touching pins, shallow cups. Our league was shotgun starts, now regular tee times to force us apart. Our weekly league wager stopped as our admin refused to handle cash or deal with everyone close up. I’ve offered to automate it all online, but they’re not interested in ANY changes.

As long as I can still play golf, I’ll follow any rules I’m asked to...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I just received an e-mail from the pro at my Florida club.  He and the restaurant staff went to a "Safe Serve" conference regarding serving alcohol on Monday.  Today they were informed that one of the instructors just tested positive for the virus.  A bit ironic.  

The club is shutting down inside food and drink service temporarily.  The staff practiced social distancing at the conference, so hopefully it was enough.  We'll see in the next week or so.  

Stay safe everyone.   

My course in Florida has been open throughout the pandemic, and I haven't missed playing much except for weather or to rest my sore back.  For the most part, the members and especially my regular group of about 20 or so have been great about being careful to give each other space, and the course had some excellent on-course rules in place to keep us safe--no rakes, pin left in , one to a cart, etc.  Of course, the grill/restaurant was closed until just recently when the state began relaxing the social distancing requirements.  Upon reopening, they did an excellent job of keeping us reasonably separated and were fanatical about hygiene and sanitation.  But, alas, it was probably a little too soon to begin to feel comfortable.  One of our wait staff in the grill took a travel vacation a couple of weeks ago.  Don't know where she went, but, she got sick, and upon return came into work for a few days.  Yesterday we got word she tested positive for COVID!  She's only 19 and probably didn't take this thing too seriously.  I know when I was that age, I felt bullet-proof.  LOL  AT any rate, the clubhouse is again closed pending every employee being tested.  She had served me  in the grille a few times over the past couple weeks, so I've been exposed.  I got tested yesterday and will get the results in 48-72 hours.  In the meantime, I'll be confined to self-imposed quarantine, and if positive that will extend for awhile.  Obviously, I'm pretty bummed out about it, because I've been pretty good about practicing safe "covid practices" and never go into a store without a mast, for example.  At 78, I'm in the high risk category, but am in pretty good shape for an old.  I worry more about my wife, who is much more  fragile at this point. 
I post this only to remind everyone that this thing is far from over.  Florida, for instance, has seen a significant  increase in cases in some cities, as has some other states.  I've personally noticed that the number of people I see in grocery stores and other retailers who are wearing masks has dramatically decreased.'  Just be careful; be vigilant in avoiding the tendency to become complacent.

Good luck

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

We’ve had 4 church members test positive the past week. Two are young, healthy and asymptomatic. The other two are a husband and wife in their late 70’s with underlying health issues to boot.

Mr is clinging to his life on a ventilator. The saddest part is that they self quarantined right from the start. A month ago they had dinner at a neighbor’s house. He subsequently developed symptoms and tested positive.

Very sad, and of course I can’t visit him in the hospital either. Fortunately his daughter is a nurse.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I mentioned before that my father tested negative for antibodies, however those tests are 50% accurate at best. After seeing him intubated for the better part of a week and knowing that if he hadn't called 911 when he did that he would have died (he was intubated immediately in the ambulance after he crashed) I will be wearing masks and continuing to social distance for quite some time. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, alfriday101 said:

My approach to masks is pretty simple:  do unto others.  

A mask provides me some protection; it's main benefit is to protect others.  

Fully agree and I always wear a mask these days out in public. Though selfishly a main reason is to protect myself and my family. I mainly wear an N95 that I had left over from random construction projects around the house.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

whew!
after flying a couple of weeks ago, a couple layovers, hotel stays, etc. glad to see this.

image.png

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

We’ve had 4 church members test positive the past week. Two are young, healthy and asymptomatic. The other two are a husband and wife in their late 70’s with underlying health issues to boot.

Mr is clinging to his life on a ventilator. The saddest part is that they self quarantined right from the start. A month ago they had dinner at a neighbor’s house. He subsequently developed symptoms and tested positive.

Very sad, and of course I can’t visit him in the hospital either. Fortunately his daughter is a nurse.

Sorry to hear about your church friends.
C19 is rearing it’s head here also w cases popping up. We were invited to a small dinner party Saturday night and SWMBO declined the invite. Just don’t know anymore.

Rick

Left Hand, 

It's tough especially with the full summer swing going on.  Kids are going crazy being cooped up..so much so we've defied the ban by the HOA and setup an above ground pool for the kids.  It's keeping them cool and occupied for now.  Praying for all those affected by covid-19...

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

It's tough especially with the full summer swing going on.  Kids are going crazy being cooped up..so much so we've defied the ban by the HOA and setup an above ground pool for the kids.  It's keeping them cool and occupied for now.  Praying for all those affected by covid-19...

MDGolfHacker

You’re right, really tough on kids this summer. Keeping yours busy/cool way to go.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Any up date on russtopherb’s Dad? I’ve been praying.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

10 hours ago, revkev said:

Any up date on russtopherb’s Dad? I’ve been praying.

Rev, I am so appreciative of your thoughts & prayers. I'll pass them along to my father. He's been doing OK - he's being tested again on Monday for COVID antibodies and his doc is concerned that his oxygen level may be dropping too much while he's sleeping so he has to go for another round of tests and he's back on an oxygen tank at nights. Sadly his golfing days may be over, the damage to his lungs has been massive. 

My grandfather's funeral is finally being planned for the end of August so he's hopeful that he'll be cleared to go so he can finally see my grandmother in person, and be there to pay his last respects along with the rest of the family.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Great thread to read from a "many things are bigger than golf" perspective.  Of course I do hate hearing about the lives impacted and wish the thread wasn't necessary. 

Stay safe out there everyone!

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Rev, I am so appreciative of your thoughts & prayers. I'll pass them along to my father. He's been doing OK - he's being tested again on Monday for COVID antibodies and his doc is concerned that his oxygen level may be dropping too much while he's sleeping so he has to go for another round of tests and he's back on an oxygen tank at nights. Sadly his golfing days may be over, the damage to his lungs has been massive. 

My grandfather's funeral is finally being planned for the end of August so he's hopeful that he'll be cleared to go so he can finally see my grandmother in person, and be there to pay his last respects along with the rest of the family.

Thank you for the update - know that I'm always willing to pray for anyone or provide consolation where needed.  I think hearing that our days on the course may be over is the last thing that anyone of us what want to hear.  But there are worse things - not being able to see one's father or mother again rank in that category.  Peace to your family.

The fellow that I referenced as being on a ventilator earlier passed away over the weekend.  Thankfully his wife is well on the way to recovery and she has adult children and grandchildren in the area to care for her.  But I will miss Michael. 😞

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Just got my 3rd negative result back, thankfully. We've had a big (relatively) uptick in cases in Victoria, so all of Melbourne (5.5 million) is back on restrictions. Hopefully the numbers will drop in the next few days, and pressure on ICU beds will reduce. Regional areas are reasonably unaffected, only 6 active cases in my local council (250,000)

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Just got my 3rd negative result back, thankfully. We've had a big (relatively) uptick in cases in Victoria, so all of Melbourne (5.5 million) is back on restrictions. Hopefully the numbers will drop in the next few days, and pressure on ICU beds will reduce. Regional areas are reasonably unaffected, only 6 active cases in my local council (250,000)

Safe safe Grasshopper

Rick

Left Hand, 

You have to like your odds at 6/250k

Stay safe - it remains all around us - hopefully that several weeks of mandatory masks will begin to net results for us.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches