TESTERS WANTED! ×

"Loft jacking"

1 hour ago, LeftyRM7 said:

Agreed, their are more options now than their probably used to be. Titleist and Ping have good ranges of options but outside of them it’s hit or miss. I lived this loft jacked nightmare in finding a good set of irons for myself. I felt very limited and stuck between game improvement and players distance. I haven’t seen the numbers but it feels like the loft jacked irons are disproportionate to the number of players they fit. Good news is that the industry seems to be headed more towards fitting and wider ranges of options to fit more golfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callaway has a large selection in multiple price ranges with apex and mavrik. Taylormade when they released the p series along with the m family had a great selection. Taylormade looked at their sales and took some out and replaced with others. The p790 are extremely popular.  Srixon has a really good line up and they have probably the most forgiving lineup for only having a few lines. They 7x5 series has always been a very forgiving players iron. PXG imo has the best feel and performing range and their 0211 lineup is a big seller.

i don’t have the exact numbers but the players distance irons and the gi do a lot better than the cb and mb irons. I’ve seen lots of low hdcps playing p790s. I played last week with a group of 6 guys that had 2 mid hdcp and 4 guys that were between 5 and 10. 4 had p790 one had clubs he’s used for two decades plus and one guy just had a fitting and had the apex cf19 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

5 hours ago, Joker said:

Never understood why people care. If a strong lofted iron doesn't work for you, don't buy it

The only thing that concerns me if this is the way OEMS are going forward, it may get to a point where I wont have a choice to use clubs that have stronger lofts.  I will either have to choose to use old clubs with old tech or use newer clubs with the tech and stronger lofts.

Tony Covey was asked on No Putts Given how low a 4 iron can go and he said "0°" which is clearly sarcastic and over exaggerated, or is it?

I can see this trend continuing because companies need to win launch monitor battles to sell clubs.  A lot of golfers, including myself at times, get lost in specific metrics and its smart for OEMs to target those metrics.  Thankfully they also created the tech to correspond with the lofts.

Just want to thank everyone who shared their thoughts and @revkev thanks for understanding the noobs.

I believe it is all psychological. Most of the golfers I play with love to hit their 5 iron but struggle with 3-4 irons. They also want to hit their new clubs further than the old ones.

So by making the loft on a 5 iron the same or close to a 3 iron when they step up to the ball they are confident that they can hit a good shot. And by making the new clubs lofts stronger they think that they are the equivalent iron 10-20m further where in reality they are not.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

52 minutes ago, Chizzle said:

The only thing that concerns me if this is the way OEMS are going forward, it may get to a point where I wont have a choice to use clubs that have stronger lofts.  I will either have to choose to use old clubs with old tech or use newer clubs with the tech and stronger lofts.

Tony Covey was asked on No Putts Given how low a 4 iron can go and he said "0°" which is clearly sarcastic and over exaggerated, or is it?

I can see this trend continuing because companies need to win launch monitor battles to sell clubs.  A lot of golfers, including myself at times, get lost in specific metrics and its smart for OEMs to target those metrics.  Thankfully they also created the tech to correspond with the lofts.

Just want to thank everyone who shared their thoughts and @revkev thanks for understanding the noobs.

Blades today are stronger than they were in the past. There really is no “traditional” lifts unless you go back to the original clubs used. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

37 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Blades today are stronger than they were in the past. There really is no “traditional” lifts unless you go back to the original clubs used. 

I think you are hitting it on the nose as far as "traditional lofts" goes.  The only thing I can say to that is what is relative and relevant to my golf game which is that I would say lofts that I'm accustomed to.  The easy answer to all this would be "just get accustomed to these lofts now" which is true and maybe I'll get there or have to get there.

My biggest concern is when I rent clubs when on a work trip where I can't bring my own.  But even with that it only takes a few holes to re-acclimate for the day.  

I did experience this first hand though last year when I got fitted for the first time and went from R7-Draw (2007) Irons to the p790s (2019).  7 iron went from my 150 club to my 170 club.  Took a bit of to adapt.   

Like age...Iron marking is just a number.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

My biggest concern has nothing to do with actual loft or what's stamped on the iron.... it's can I play decent with them and enjoy my time playing. I'm not sure why there is any concern at all about lofts and numbers stamped on a club. I suppose that's why I just stay out this topic...lol.

Well I guess the OP was correct - amazing how many comments we are getting on a topic that people "don't care about."

At the risk of angering someone I do need to respectfully correct a comment that was made.  If the article supplied suggested that "loft jacking" began as an ego boost or marketing thing the article is incorrect.  It began among touring pros in the late 70's/early 80's both for gapping and to hit launch windows.  I'm sure that it made its way into off the rack sets in part for marketing purposes - but we have seen numerous examples here of adds from the 40's and 50's that touted one iron or another as longer.  The quest for additional distance has always been out there and always will be.

At our mid-higher capper, you can get whatever you want at whatever loft you want it to be.  I'm a lower handicapper with a shallow AI - I game Ping G30's which have fairly strong but not ridiculously strong lofts.  With a shallow AI you may actually hit the ball farther with more loft than less left - if you're on a budget the answer may be to go back in time and grab an older set of GI's that have more loft.

It's also interesting to me that this breaks out roughly along handicap lines - most of the people who don't really care have lower handicaps - I could care less if I hit 8 iron or GW from 115 - I have in fact used both of those clubs from that distance in rounds over the course of the last 2 weeks - rounds where I shot 75,72. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Ricky Bobby mentioned some info I got at the HQ's.   Here is the Master Fitter i met with, I didn't video my session with him, like Ryan from WRX did.  But it's basically the same info.

Watch all the way to the end, when he talks about the stronger loft.  @Chizzle this information at the end, should answer any concerns you have about play ability. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

34 minutes ago, silver & black said:

My biggest concern has nothing to do with actual loft or what's stamped on the iron.... it's can I play decent with them and enjoy my time playing. I'm not sure why there is any concern at all about lofts and numbers stamped on a club. I suppose that's why I just stay out this topic...lol.

My feelings exactly!  People keep bring up this topic because one of their buddies just bought new clubs and now flies the ball further than they do.  

Play whatever feels good to you and makes your round enjoyable.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

My feelings exactly!  People keep bring up this topic because one of their buddies just bought new clubs and now flies the ball further than they do.  

Play whatever feels good to you and makes your round enjoyable.

Exactly this. It's the guy's who think they are better than others and their ego can't handle when the old guy hit's a 7i when they are hitting 7i and get upset about it.

This topic is really fascinating, every time it comes up it brings out some crazy comments. I don’t get the people that “don’t care” but always seem to have strong opinions about people that do. Really what everyone wants is 1) engineering, not marketing from the OEMs and 2) more options to help suit more players. Not sure when or if we’ll ever get either. Not every OEM has the integrity that Titleist and Ping seem to have. Marketing, bottom lines, release cycles, and demographics are real things that get in the way sometimes. It’s really an issue that encompasses everything that MGS is about.

16 minutes ago, LeftyRM7 said:

This topic is really fascinating, every time it comes up it brings out some crazy comments. I don’t get the people that “don’t care” but always seem to have strong opinions about people that do. Really what everyone wants is 1) engineering, not marketing from the OEMs and 2) more options to help suit more players. Not sure when or if we’ll ever get either. Not every OEM has the integrity that Titleist and Ping seem to have. Marketing, bottom lines, release cycles, and demographics are real things that get in the way sometimes. It’s really an issue that encompasses everything that MGS is about.

Ping and Titleist have always approached things from the engineering side and the marketing wasn’t always about the big buzzwords and promises. Probably one of the several reasons that titleist had and to some extent still has the “for better players” perception attached to the brand. Ping to some extent still has the old man perception.

Marketing and engineer work together and the marketing department has to put a pretty spin on things otherwise all the engineering language would go right over most peoples heads and they would be turned off. People want to be told what the club will do for them and don’t really care  about the nuts and bolts of it. The ones hat can blend the two together succeed as we have seen with Callaway and Taylormade leading most categories year in and year out for awhile now. When some of the marketing guys at Taylormade left for Callaway and they started the five year war you saw the effects in sales and Callaway chipped away and became the sales leader and Taylormade lost some of its mojo. 

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Well, it is a golf forum and we are discussing a topic. This particular topic seems to fall into 1. don't really care or 2. care very much. The only part that gets to me is those that think there is some kind of conspiracy from OEMs trying to trick their customers with false marketing and hype. They do focus groups, they research extensively to find out what their customers want and what sells. Titleist alone offers 5 different T-Series irons and their 9 iron lofts are 46, 44, 43, 43, 38. Something for everyone and every level of play. Marketing is and always has been about capturing your attention and selling you a product. I love marketing and enjoy all the effort that goes into it. But it takes a very gullible person to chose any product simply because of an ad, and I just don't think many of those consumers exist on a golf forum. Interesting topic to discuss if done respectfully, but I fall into the camp of it is what it is so I accept it,  while some seem to tilt at windmills. 

I was confused by how irons have changed and I now carry a 4-G rather than 3-P. So I took some time and tried to understand why. 

In life, I subscribe to the logic that “your inability to understand is not a valid argument to the contrary.”  It applies well to current affairs but I’ll save that for the PM’s 😊

So as it applies to lofts, I’ll offer my simple understanding of why. The geometry of the heads does not allow for a traditional loft, That’s all it is.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

24 minutes ago, bens197 said:

So as it applies to lofts, I’ll offer my simple understanding of why. The geometry of the heads does not allow for a traditional loft, That’s all it is.  

That's as simple as you can put it.  However, I and others have tried saying that so many times, but there are those who still think it's 1960 and we haven't landed a man on the moon yet, who refuse to believe it 🙂

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That's as simple as you can put it.  However, I and others have tried saying that so many times, but there are those who still think it's 1960 and we haven't landed a man on the moon yet, who refuse to believe it 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

3 minutes ago, bens197 said:

LOL..so many great clips from that movie! 

I feel like im getting lumped into this group of the jealous or ego driven because I started this thread.  I'm not trying to puff my chest out, so to speak, but I'm the best player in my regular foursome (which isn't saying much since I'm a 14 hdcp but I'm working on getting better) so there is no ego involved with me starting this thread.  I also dont care about what other people are using.  

I looked up Tigers, Rorys, and a couple other tour players specs and the top players are using around 35-36° 7 irons and hitting them 170-185 ish yards.  I'm sure you'll be able to find guys that have stronger lofted clubs and thats great but I'm looking at the best in the game.  I'm also looking at this from a sports perspective.  The amount of time and energy spent to create their swings and our swings is an important thing to me.  I understand that it's a hobby for most and the OEMs give what the customer wants.  Great!  Awesome! But what about the consumer group that share similar ideas as I do? 

As I had mentioned earlier, a lot consumers purchase clubs based only on distance so the OEMs created clubs to win launch monitor battles, and then they figured out the tech so they can actually be gamed.  Awesome! BTW @Golfspy_CG2 thank you for that awesome clip.  I already knew the new clubs had tech to preserve launch conditions and I didnt question the play ability because I used ping g400 for a round when my set was getting regripped.  I'm not saying this should stop but I am wondering how far will it go and what happens to people like me.

At the end of it, it's either I go with the change that's occurring or pay $2000 dollars for tiger woods irons.  

As always, thank you all for your comments and time!

The thing with Tiger is though, he hates changing his specs. He's played pretty much the same lofts his entire career. But he's also an outlier on the tour. He plays a 49° PW and only carries a 56° and a 60° wedge beyond that. He wants his irons to hit the exact windows that he's been used to his whole career. That means a stock 8 iron that goes 162.

But you'll also see guys on Tour playing much stronger lofts for a myriad of reasons. Bryson had to strengthen his lofts with his added speed to bring the spin down to a manageable level. Pat Perez plays PXG's most forgiving irons. Titleist's most common iron on Tour are the T100 irons and before that the AP2s.

There's not much benefit to the average player in just looking at the specs of some of the best tour players because for most of us, they're not going to be a great fit. Go get a professional fitting from a qualified fitter and play what suits your game and your needs the best. If that's something with stronger lofts, so be it. Most OEMs offer such a wide range of types of irons that I really don't understand all the whining about jacked lofts. SGI are aimed at a very specific slice of the market just like blades are. Chances are the average player is going to fall somewhere in the middle of those extremes. At the end of the day, it's about getting manageable launch conditions for how you deliver the club. There's a lot that goes into club design that many of the people who scream MARKETING don't seem to want to understand.

I feel like im getting lumped into this group of the jealous or ego driven because I started this thread.  I'm not trying to puff my chest out, so to speak, but I'm the best player in my regular foursome (which isn't saying much since I'm a 14 hdcp but I'm working on getting better) so there is no ego involved with me starting this thread.  I also dont care about what other people are using.  
I looked up Tigers, Rorys, and a couple other tour players specs and the top players are using around 35-36° 7 irons and hitting them 170-185 ish yards.  I'm sure you'll be able to find guys that have stronger lofted clubs and thats great but I'm looking at the best in the game.  I'm also looking at this from a sports perspective.  The amount of time and energy spent to create their swings and our swings is an important thing to me.  I understand that it's a hobby for most and the OEMs give what the customer wants.  Great!  Awesome! But what about the consumer group that share similar ideas as I do? 
As I had mentioned earlier, a lot consumers purchase clubs based only on distance so the OEMs created clubs to win launch monitor battles, and then they figured out the tech so they can actually be gamed.  Awesome! BTW [mention=65448]Golfspy_CG2[/mention] thank you for that awesome clip.  I already knew the new clubs had tech to preserve launch conditions and I didnt question the play ability because I used ping g400 for a round when my set was getting regripped.  I'm not saying this should stop but I am wondering how far will it go and what happens to people like me.
At the end of it, it's either I go with the change that's occurring or pay $2000 dollars for tiger woods irons.  

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

On 6/21/2020 at 8:10 AM, cnosil said:

My answer is that it is irrelevant to playing golf.  As a golfer I need to hit clubs specific distances and I pick the clubs that let me have about a 15 yard gap between clubs.  I don't care about the lofts or the degrees between lofts because individual clubs may need to be tweaked to find the right distance.  

Totally agree. Lots of golfers think of it as a muscle game.. ‘I hit my 7 190yds, etc’... truth is as per rules of golf nobody should ask which club we hit. Nobody shoul even care. It does not matter which club I use as far as I hit GIR....

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

6 hours ago, Chizzle said:

For some reason on this topic, you’re going to be misrepresented by a handful of loft jacking zealots, even though your post content is plain to see. They’ll ignore the questions you ask, give answers to questions you haven’t asked, and mischaracterize your POV. Iron lofts have changed due in part to tech, part just marketing spin - both easily shown. You can’t buy GI irons anymore with the same lofts that were once common.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys
7 hours ago, Chizzle said:

I'm not saying this should stop but I am wondering how far will it go and what happens to people like me.

I think you are going down the golf is doomed route which it’s not. Every club manufacturer has a wide range of club types with lofts from what most have been used to in the last 20 years in MBs and or some type of CB up to something like the t400. The brands know that there are people not on tour that want to play smaller heads and thin top lines which is why they have CBS and MBs, these aren’t going away so guys that want to these type of irons will be able to play them.

You mention a few players that have blades in their bag and tiger who Taylormade spent roughly 2 years trying to make tigers perfect club to fit a launch window. This is what many pros look for. They want all their clubs to go thru a certain window. What you look past or may not have know is that the number 1 iron on tour for awhile has been the AP2 which titleist designed time be a players distance iron but became their preferred tour iron. This line up now converted into the t100 and the more player distance version t100-2 are now on their 6th release. 

There are brands like new level and sub70 that also make what many consider the traditional lofted irons.

I would doubt we see any mainstream brand remove mb or cb from their lineup in the next 10 years or ever. Titleist sells very few sets of CB irons compared to Ap2 and yet they keep making them for those who don’t want to play the MBs but want a smaller head.

I’m going to have to either suck it up and play stronger lofts or spend it if money is just an over reaction to a non existent problem. 

8 hours ago, Chizzle said:

As I had mentioned earlier, a lot consumers purchase clubs based only on distance so the OEMs created clubs to win launch monitor battles, and then they figured out the tech so they can actually be gamed.  Awesome! BTW @Golfspy_CG2 thank you for that awesome clip.  I already knew the new clubs had tech to preserve launch conditions and I didnt question the play ability because I used ping g400 for a round when my set was getting regripped.  I'm not saying this should stop but I am wondering how far will it go and what happens to people like me.

You're welcome for the clip. Glad you enjoyed it. 

Glen is a fountain of knowledge, he has literally fit the best players in the world as he was the lead guy on the PGA Tour Van for several years and now heads up the TPI Oceanside, where he also fits some of the worst players---like me!    I learned so much in my half day with him.  Things that are common misconceptions, taller players need extra length clubs, blades make you a better ball striker, low spin is only for high speed players...and so on.

I certainly didn't mean to lump you in any crowd.  I just thought the part about him saying lower lofted irons once you get down to the 23/24 degree area are more playable than people realize touched on a point you had brought up. 

16 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Um... The Earth IS flat.......

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I love this topic every time I see it pop up here because there are so many people, "willing to die on this hill," when it comes to their perspective of what the loft of a club should be.

I have never been too concerned about the loft of my clubs as long as they are gapped properly and help me shoot lower scores. 

I have become a big proponent of being properly fitted and if that means that the clubs in my bag are, "loft jacked," so be it. All I want to see is a trend towards lower numbers on my scorecard.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

15 minutes ago, palvord said:

I love this topic every time I see it pop up here because there are so many people, "willing to die on this hill," when it comes to their perspective of what the loft of a club should be.

I have never been too concerned about the loft of my clubs as long as they are gapped properly and help me shoot lower scores. 

I have become a big proponent of being properly fitted and if that means that the clubs in my bag are, "loft jacked," so be it. All I want to see is a trend towards lower numbers on my scorecard.

Amen Brother!

21 hours ago, LeftyRM7 said:

This topic is really fascinating, every time it comes up it brings out some crazy comments. I don’t get the people that “don’t care” but always seem to have strong opinions about people that do.

I don't really care about "loft jacking" as it's called. I look at it more as knowledge gained over the course of  the last couple of decades or so in the development and technology of club making and fitting.

I have no opinions, strong or otherwise, about anyone that cares about the topic, and vice versa.