Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Best practice mat?

Grit Golf

I’ve been using a country club elite mat (caught a deal on a used 5x4 on fleaBay) for 2+ years.

It provides great feedback for fat shots (mat first contact), and it penalizes you pretty harshly for chunking one on virtual golf, which I like (for the sake of practicing).

Here’s my problem, the mat also punishes my left wrist on good shots (ball first contact) where the divot would be in front of the ball.

Anyone have feedback on a practice mat that will give feedback for fats but doesn’t give as bad stingers as the CCE?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

• 3 weeks later...

Check out https://shop.skygolf.com/C-312-hitting-mats.aspx 

I got a mat from them in 2017.  It still looks brand new and no pain at all, even on those steep ones.  The feedback on fat ones is a much lower spin rate (usually less than half of normal).  But you can definitely feel it when you hit it thin or drop kick it.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder