Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What is the best GPS/Golf App?

Trying to decide which app to subscribe to for gathering club, shot data, and using the GPS feature. 

The ones that I am trying to decide between are GolfShot, Swing U or Golf Logix. Or is there another one better than those three?

As always, I appreciate everyone's feedback. 

Note: I have an iPhone, so not sure if some work better with an Android or IOS

:ping-small: Driver: G425 Max 10.5*
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:titelist-small: Hybrid: TS2 23*
:titelist-small: Irons:  6 to GW, T300 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58K
:cameron-small: Putter: 1998 Tei3 Newport Long Neck
:titelist-small: Ball: Yellow Titleist VG3
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag

I Love the Art of Putting!

I personally like 18birdies.  IMO, its clean, simple and has everything you need with none of the clutter that you dont.  Ive tried SwingU and Golflogix and they were OK but I like 18Birdies better.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

8 minutes ago, ZenGolfer said:

I personally like 18birdies.  IMO, its clean, simple and has everything you need with none of the clutter that you dont.  Ive tried SwingU and Golflogix and they were OK but I like 18Birdies better.

Interesting, didn't know about that one. I will go check it out. Thanks

Second the 18 birdies recommendation.  I used to use golfLogix and just fell off using it.  I have heard "theGrint" is good, but I personally have not tried it, and have no idea who named it cause it sounds like a part of the body. 

Then if you really want to go to the next level, arccos is pretty awesome.  But you'll have to shell out some cash. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

I’ve been using GolfLogix for 5 years now and I love it.

I love checking my stats periodically throughout the season to see if I’m improving towards my yearly goals. That being said, I also have an NX7 range finder which I also love.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

59 minutes ago, TimoTe said:

I use Golfpad GPS. It allows you to enter club data and, share a link after your round, email all your buddies their scores during the round, and go back and look at your history. 

It has a paid premium feature that will add elevation and club recommendations. Plus, if you buy club sensors it will automatically update by putting the sensor next to your phone. I don't pay for the premium feature but, they are available. 

I have been using this app since I started golfing and have every round I have ever played in my history. 

Here is an example of the link to the round I mentioned. 

Scored 74 at Fullerton Golf Course http://www.golfpadgps.com/round/R5V93MG8 #GolfPadGPS

That's pretty cool! Great putting by the way

Can't speak to the others, but I use the free version of GolfShot and really like it. I can track individual shots if I want to, but it involves taking out your phone and recording where you hit the ball and where it landed, so I usually only use it for 1 or 2 shots per round that I want to be able to go back and look at. Only GPS distances the free version gives is center of the green (paid version gives front/middle/back plus hazards), but that's enough for me to know what club I want to pull.

I really like it because it's simple to use - after each hole I enter strokes (including penalty and sand), putts, tee club, and where my tee shot went (fairway/left/right). It then calculates all the stats you want from that, and you can go into individual stats and see how they've changed over time. If you use the Apple Health App you can connect the two as well so that it will show you steps/mileage from your round (I don't use that, but still get pace of play info). After the round it automatically emails the scorecard to myself and anyone I was playing with (as long as I have their email address in my contacts).

Let me know if you want any specific info or screenshots from in the app in addition to what I have here. The screenshot with tons of into is the scorecard that gets sent to email.

IMG_1905.PNG

IMG_1906.PNG

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 10.32.21 PM.png

IMG_1907.PNG

IMG_1908.PNG

IMG_1909.PNG

IMG_1910.PNG

IMG_1911.PNG

Edited by gavinski91

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S